E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > A Sad Day for SirDaft1's 335i...

12-20-2015, 04:47 PM   #45
EPT535i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535I

First good thing is that you and your family are doing well. As for the car if u repair it, it will never run the same. Issues will arise time after time. It's probably best if they totaled it. Also the safety features will have been compromised and will probably be effective if repaired. Just my 2 cents.
      12-20-2015, 06:31 PM   #46
nckwrnr
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPT335i
First good thing is that you and your family are doing well. As for the car if u repair it, it will never run the same. Issues will arise time after time. It's probably best if they totaled it. Also the safety features will have been compromised and will probably be effective if repaired. Just my 2 cents.
Sorry but that's the most ignorant comment I have heard in awhile. The car will be fine that's not a difficult repair for a decent body shop. I have done extensive repair myself on my own cars and never had an issue arise from it. How would this affect how the car runs?
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2015, 10:06 AM   #47
TWMPerformance
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Glad everyone is safe! As one of the members already mentioned, everything happens for a reason. Keep your head up, can't wait to hear updates on this.

- Renato
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 04:29 PM   #48
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 & E90 WTCC Widebody Racecar

Garage List
Quick update:
It's been two weeks now. The other persons insurance originally approved the repairs and issued a partial check to the bodyshop 1 1/2 weeks ago for them to get started. We started ordering parts, etc. Then late last week I received a call from the insurance co informing me that it was just barely over their "threshold" for repairs and they were thinking about totaling it out (keep in mind they knew about the extent of the repairs when they initially issued the partial check!). It's frustrating to say the least. I would much rather they repair the car w/ the amount of upgrades done to it, since it's repairable damage.

The slightly good news is that the insurance estimator who saw my car in person said that he would go to bat for me if at all possible. He said that their "threshold guidelines" aren't as firm as they make them out to be, and that he was blown away by the condition of the rest of the car and the "enhancements" done to it over stock. He said that he was confident that they'll approve repair the vehicle, but that it ultimately wasn't his decision to make.

So we'll continue to wait and see! I will say the Jeep rental they gave me handles a bit better than the 335 in this snow!
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2015, 09:52 PM   #49
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
After 2 1/2 weeks of waiting, they are officially repairing the 335. I could not be happier. The dudes at A&L said they're confident that they can repair it back to new. Except she'll have a new LCI CSL trunk and M-Sport Bumper :-)

It's been an insanely stressful 2 1/2 weeks waiting to find out if they were going to total or repair it. With it being an '07 with some miles on her, I would up providing a full list of upgrades, along with other comparably modified 335's and they went ahead and approved the repairs. Sounds like it'll be two weeks until she's back and fixed up. Cannot wait.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 09:53 AM   #50
ArcticRik
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Arctic Metallic E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdaft1
After 2 1/2 weeks of waiting, they are officially repairing the 335. I could not be happier. The dudes at A&L said they're confident that they can repair it back to new. Except she'll have a new LCI CSL trunk and M-Sport Bumper :-)

It's been an insanely stressful 2 1/2 weeks waiting to find out if they were going to total or repair it. With it being an '07 with some miles on her, I would up providing a full list of upgrades, along with other comparably modified 335's and they went ahead and approved the repairs. Sounds like it'll be two weeks until she's back and fixed up. Cannot wait.
Nice I'm glad to hear it man!!! Are they going to be using OEM rear bumper?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 01:51 PM   #51
AK.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3/E92 M3

Garage List
2010 E90 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdaft1

Good to know you will be back on the road. Make sure you get it replaced under OEM everything.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 02:48 PM   #52
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRik View Post
Nice I'm glad to hear it man!!! Are they going to be using OEM rear bumper?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK. View Post
Good to know you will be back on the road. Make sure you get it replaced under OEM everything.
Absolutely. And yes on an OEM rear bumper. I ordered that up myself :-)
Appreciate 0