E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > AA tune with MILV's?

07-29-2018, 10:59 PM   #45
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90cruisin View Post
The tune was done on my 330i. I would think the difference would be in the manifold, which I would suggest you get anyways.

The tune is really strong, but does have a slight bug that needs to be fixed. Waiting on AA to get back to me to get the car back on the dyno. Other than that, I am extremely happy with how it turned out. The car was woken up, and is a completely different car after the tune.
What bug? Torque overflow which lead to a limp mode?
Appreciate 1
      07-31-2018, 09:51 PM   #46
F31cruisin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmaster View Post
What bug? Torque overflow which lead to a limp mode?
Nothing like that. There is a hesitation between 3-4500 RPM if I try to cruise at that RPM. So If I cruise at 3500, it feels like the car wants to keep going and hesitates. Doesn't happen when I accelerate through, only if I cruise at that RPM.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 10:17 PM   #47
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Nothing like that. There is a hesitation between 3-4500 RPM if I try to cruise at that RPM. So If I cruise at 3500, it feels like the car wants to keep going and hesitates. Doesn't happen when I accelerate through, only if I cruise at that RPM.
Adaptations?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 08:10 AM   #48
yupetc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 X535i

DISA motor needs checking? RPM range gives a clue.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 09:21 AM   #49
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
Quote:
Funny, I've noticed something similar with my AA tune (don't have milvs, just the newest version 3 tune) around that point. I know it isn't the DISA valves as I had recently rebuilt my intake with all new components. What you're describing sounds worse though, might be just some AA programming issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 09:35 PM   #50
F31cruisin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmaster View Post
Adaptations?
Nah, its been months now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupetc View Post
DISA motor needs checking? RPM range gives a clue.
Was replaced about 20k miles ago. It should be healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volasko View Post
Funny, I've noticed something similar with my AA tune (don't have milvs, just the newest version 3 tune) around that point. I know it isn't the DISA valves as I had recently rebuilt my intake with all new components. What you're describing sounds worse though, might be just some AA programming issue.
Its just programming. They said they just need to get it back on the dyno and tune it out. Its a small bug. Other than that, car runs strong as hell.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 03:16 PM   #51
yupetc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 X535i

This sounds very promising. I hope AA comes forth to officialize this tune. My MILV's are still on the shelf just waiting for AA tune. I'm stuck with the AA stuff. Been wondering if I had begun with BPC, I'll probably put the MILV's in by now.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 12:41 PM   #52
avocet
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i 2011 X5d

Quote:
The tune was done on my 330i. I would think the difference would be in the manifold, which I would suggest you get anyways.

The tune is really strong, but does have a slight bug that needs to be fixed. Waiting on AA to get back to me to get the car back on the dyno. Other than that, I am extremely happy with how it turned out. The car was woken up, and is a completely different car after the tune.
Hey just checking in for an update on the AA tune with MILV's...

Did all the bugs get worked out? And was there before and after dyno runs?

TIA
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 10:20 AM   #53
markslc1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M, 14 X5 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocet View Post
Quote:

TIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by avocet View Post
Quote:

TIA
AA has sent me a milv tune. Plan to install this month. Anyone else have experience with it?
Appreciate 0