E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Engine mount bracket cracked

03-31-2018, 07:58 AM   #1
lencoln
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 320D 2006 163hp

Engine mount bracket cracked

Hello.Im new here so I apologize if I do something wrong.

So I recently got a second hand e90 320D 163hp 2006 and today I just observed that my right side engine mount where the rubber thing's screw goes into the hole is totally cracked.
Can I get that part replaced and aprox how much does it cost?
Should I stop driving the car or I can still drive it if I take it light and slow?

Here is a picture of the problem:

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 09:25 AM   #2
Welcome to NBA Jam
Is it the shoes!?
Rep
Drives: (Sold) 2011 E92 335i ZMP 6MT

The engine mount bracket is separately replaceable. I don't know how much is involved due to its location.

If you do drive the car, do not drive it hard.
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2018, 09:34 AM   #3
lencoln
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 320D 2006 163hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome to NBA Jam View Post
The engine mount bracket is separately replaceable. I don't know how much is involved due to its location.

Thank you for the answer.
I think the code of the part is 6760310 and it's not that expensive...Im wondering about the labor cost tho.
So you saying it's alright as far I don't ripp the gears and drive it like a nanny?
I really have to use it in the next two days and I don't want to brake anything else on it.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 12:34 PM   #4
N54POWR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

Garage List
2011 335is  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lencoln View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome to NBA Jam View Post

Thank you for the answer.
I think the code of the part is 6760310 and it's not that expensive...Im wondering about the labor cost tho.
So you saying it's alright as far I don't ripp the gears and drive it like a nanny?
I really have to use it in the next two days and I don't want to brake anything else on it.
Yikes.
Labor costs will be expensive. The subframe will have to be dropped. Though you could probably diy. Follow the diy for oil pan gasket for instructions on how to gain access. Then it's just remove and replace.
As for driving, I don't know. That's pretty cracked up. I think that I personally would not drive it around, though it maybe it could be fine if you really baby it. Keep the rpms really low and nothing sudden
Appreciate 0