E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Catless Downpipe installation, car dies shortly after.

05-06-2019, 07:37 AM   #1
Kalvin__
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i 6MT

Catless Downpipe installation, car dies shortly after.

Hi all, I recently installed my vrsf catless downpipe. (2011 E92 335i) Decided to drive with it on for a few miles. Well after the first cold start (extremely loud) drove about 5 miles everything was good. But while driving I tried to get on it a little bit then all of a sudden my car went into limp mode and died on me. I just pulled my car into some random dudes house and accidentally was partially in his grass and he was just cutting it too lol. But I read the codes and they seemed electrical/fuel related I had a few friends say it could be the o2 sensors. Could the o2 sensors being bad really cause the car not to start? It'll crank but not turn over after it died the first time. And while we installed the downpipe we made sure all the wires and cables were good and didn't mess with anything else besides the actual o2 sensors. What was really weird though was when my car was off(but like the electrical systems) were on my fuel gauge was bouncing back and forth before the 0 mark. I've never seen that before and was definitely in shock. My car only has new spark plugs/coil packs, ARM chargepipe, ARM FMIC, and now a VRSF Catless Downpipe. I actually planned on tuning my car with the MHD tuning app before my car died on me. :/ There were no codes before the downpipe installation. The codes are listed below. Any help or input would def be appreciated, thank you!

2A61 - Ignition relay and injectors, supply voltage, fuel injection: Line disconnection.
2DB6 - Valvetronic relay, activation: Line disconnection.
2DC6 - Valvetronic, supply voltage: Malfunction.
371A - Valvetronic, supply voltage: Line disconnection.
371E - Relay, ignition and injection systems, activation: Line disconnection.

IG: @Verifyez
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 08:40 AM   #2
Oksi123
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

I already graduated from college, and now I can say that guys from this essay writing service have helped me thought it! In the last five years, I've placed more than one order here, and all of them came out great. Most of the papers I ordered were in minor subjects, but once i had to order a research paper in history (which is my major). I was truly pleased with the depth of the research and the overall paper organization. So, this product at British Essay Writer ORG UK is the best thing what I ever saw. Really good work!
Appreciate 1
Pladi718.00
      05-06-2019, 09:52 AM   #3
weehe126
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

That is the weirdest bot response I have seen. Although it is funny since you did write an essay.

Did you for whatever reason disconnect the valvetronice connector on top of the valve cover? Seems like it is just a coincidence to the DP install unless you damaged the connector some how in the process.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 10:09 AM   #4
Kalvin__
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by weehe126 View Post
That is the weirdest bot response I have seen. Although it is funny since you did write an essay.

Did you for whatever reason disconnect the valvetronice connector on top of the valve cover? Seems like it is just a coincidence to the DP install unless you damaged the connector some how in the process.
LOL yeah I saw the response and was like wtf?

And no I don't think I did, I'll take another look later today. But after the DP install we checked all cables and connectors and they were pretty tight. One thing we did though was when first dropping the original Cat we had to drop it before getting one of the sensors off as we could not reach it with the Cat in, so I'm thinking that little stress or force on the o2 sensor might've gone wrong and somehow or someway messed up one of the sensors

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 12:59 PM   #5
weehe126
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

You arent getting O2 sensor or AFR codes. I think there is something up with your servomotor that is just coincidental.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2019, 01:08 PM   #6
Kalvin__
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by weehe126 View Post
You arent getting O2 sensor or AFR codes. I think there is something up with your servomotor that is just coincidental.
Damn :/ My car is at the shop rn hopefully to diagnose the actual problem

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 01:48 PM   #7
Red_Bean_Bun
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92

Check the fuses …
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 03:40 PM   #8
Kalvin__
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Bean_Bun View Post
Check the fuses …
The fuses are A1+, shop doesn't know what's wrong with the car and there thinking the DME is fried. Taking it to BMW tomorrow to diagnose it

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 05:02 AM   #9
simp18d
Do Alittle
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW e82 N55

Vehicle Stalled Limp Mode

Have you solved this issue? if so could you advise the remedy?

if not, Did you try to clear the code? if so, did the code came back up?

One time my car was low in Battery and it's stalled and would not start. I disconnected the Battery to reset everything but all random code came up, Turbo, Servo, Valvtronic MAF, MAP etc...
I tried to clear the code, with two attempts and it all disappeared. My novice ignorant assumption is when the vehicle stall for; low batt, leak etc. I suspect the DME will generate the code because the engine stalled halfway or elec went half way and died, in conclusion if the code disappear then it's no issues, DME just needs a clear and reset. wouldn't go changing everything.

If the engine stall after the Cat install there may be a leak somewhere... same like mine. it stall when engine's cold but when it's hot (physics things expand when hot, not sure if this was in the earlier posts essay or PHD Thesis)

Appreciate 0