E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Stupid Ass Drivers

04-06-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
ctgazer
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: a dilapidated ride

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
Stupid Ass Drivers

ok, i dont mean to generalize but i almost got t-boned/side-swipped 10 mins ago.....i cant friggin believe it. this crazy woman was seriously 1-2 inches from hitting me.

im pulling out of a parking lot after easter mass, and im on the main road. i have right of way. there are cars everywhere since mass just got out so im doing no more than 15km. this woman is pulling out of another parking lot in front of me and doesnt even bother to stop at the stop sign. she's looking left and doesnt bother to look right either. comes right out and im already honking by the time she has made it to the yellow middle line. she doesnt know where the noise is coming and doesnt stop. man, im just happy the car manuvers sweet at low speeds as it does at high speeds....i barely make it past her and im looking in my side-view mirror and i swear, theres like an inch between her POS puke green honda accord and my rear wheel fender . she pulls up behind me on the next stop which is only 30 ft. down the road. man i wanted to get out and yell and all that other sh!t but hey, i just left church...its easter season....shitty ass drivers like that will get their day. how the fack do they ever get their license in the first place? ive been through/seen so many of these incidences that its hard not to be judgemental to consider that most asian women cant drive for shit.

:end rant:mad:
      04-06-2007, 03:35 PM   #2
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

glad nothing happened, glad u remained cool.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 03:41 PM   #3
yuggy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
wow! that was a close call ivan! Glad to hear that nothing happened!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 04:06 PM   #4
esbezee92
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego 328i Coupe

kudos for not chewing her out, it would have been hard for me not to in that situation
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 05:02 PM   #5
hj058
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 335i

there are so many stupid ass drivers out there now...
couple days ago i was going straight through an intersection when the light is green and when half of my car passd th side walk lines a civic suddenly turned left in front of me...good i stopped in time otherwise i would hit his side doors with my front.....
      04-06-2007, 05:49 PM   #6
AznMobbDeep
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335i SG

gotto love them women, lol
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2007, 10:08 AM   #7
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Bad drivers + cell phone = disaster

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2007, 10:30 AM   #8
Soundstream
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i

The problem is not with "bad drivers", but rather "ignorant drivers". All of these incidents (near misses and actual collisions) are generally due to people who are more interested in doing what they want to do to get to their destination, than actually following the signs of the road.

In this case, it sounds like the lady simply just checked the lane that she wanted to turn into, but ignored the stop sign and the traffic in the other direction.

My biggest pet peeve these days, is when you do honk at people such as the above situation, they don't even realize they have made a mistake and so they honk back at you, as if you are in the wrong.

Just yesterday I had someone who was driving in the oncoming lane while looking for parking. I had to come to a complete stop and kept honking until I got her attention. Then once she corrects herself and begins driving on the correct side of the road, she drives by me, honks and gives me the finger. For what? Because I helped her avoid an accident?

- Ian
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2007, 04:08 PM   #9
charlie335
Shiodome Redeveloper
Canada
Rep
Drives: lawllercoaster

dude i don't even consider it a generalization. i'm chinese and i live in richmond (go figure) and the stupidity and lack of knowledge for rules of the road is just amazing.

female asian drivers (mostly chinese) are stupid as FUCK! i can't remember the incidents off the top of my head but there have been so many times where i almost got into accidents just because they didn't know the meaning of "right of way".

i was coming out of the mall the other day and this chinese lady in front of me was trying to back out and leave. she literally had to go from R to D a total of 5 times all the while blocking traffic and everyone that was trying to get through. in fact, during the middle of it, it seemed like she got confused as to where she was going because the car just stopped moving in the middle of two lanes for a good 15 seconds.

i'm simply amazed at how bad chinese women drive and i just don't get how the hell they're even allowed to have a license.
2011 BMW S1000RR, Akrapovic Evolution
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2007, 04:16 PM   #10
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
There are a lot of terrible/ignorant drivers in Toronto. I'm not saying I'm a good driver (I'm far from it), but jeez, stop yapping on the phone and concentrate on driving!!!

Get off the next exit instead of stopping on the highway to decide where to go (and yes, I have seen people reverse on the shoulder to get back to their exits).

Jeez!
      04-08-2007, 11:46 PM   #11
ehhhwik
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 09' BMW 335d, 07' BMW E92 328i

i agree with most of you guys' sayings, i live in Vancouver and i frequent go to places like Richmond where is like mostly Chinese people living there, but as experience tells me, what we need to learn is TO BE PATIENT!!

yes, those women (mostly Asian/Chinese) are poor drivers, it's because they are probably new/unexperienced drivers who can panic in most situations, and by honking them, it will only make them panic more, and as you know, being in a state of panic only adds to the chance of them doing something even more stupid or dangerous

most of the stupid Asian female drivers i see in Richmond drives BMW 3 and 5 series, Mercedes S and E Class, Audi A6s and Toyota Camrys and Honda Accords, lol!!!

ctgazer, good job on not yelling at that lady and remained calm

Retired: 07' E92 328i (Jet Black)
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2007, 04:15 PM   #12
PiperD
Clutch pedal >> Dead pedal
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 e92 335is 6MT

Garage List
I've become disillusioned towards the notion of unsolicited "goodwill". Only time I'll use my horn is when an accident is imminent. If some driver pulls a bone-headed maneouver, 9 times out of 10 I'll just quietly get the f@!# out of their way and go on with my business.

People like to be wrong and strong these days. Which means they'll shoot you the birdie even if they're holding a cellie in one hand and a Big Mac in the other. Or worse, they may hurl a beer bottle at you. Who knows these days.

That being said, if I'm going through Richmond Hill then I easily add on 30 minutes to whatever travel time I've already budgeted
Retired: '00 328Ci 5MT SteelGrey/Grey/MyrtleWood
Retired: '87 Pontiac Grand-Am 3AT White/Grey
Appreciate 0