Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Car Pulls To The Right

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-06-2016, 09:46 AM   #45
w1lq
Enlisted Member
Poland
Rep
Drives: e92 335d @ 392 bhp

So did anyone find a resolution to this?

My car also pulls to the right and i have to keep the steering wheel turned left to not end up in a ditch. Also the steering wheel is off by a few degrees to the left for the wheels to drive straight.

Additionally, my steering wheel wobbles when braking at high speeds, tho I am unaware if this is related.

To date I've:
- checked the tyre pressures
- had new tyres installed (the right rear tire has been more worn out than the rest)
- checked if the wheels are straight (they are)

I'm having a new set of coilovers installed in the coming days, so this might sort it out if its a case of a bent shock.

The wobbling makes me think if this is not a brake pad / rotor related issue.

Do you have any suggestions what to look for?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 11:30 PM   #46
JJaber
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport

My car does this as well...I always assumed it was my alignment and haven't got around to doing it. Worth taking to the dealer? Doesn't seem like theres a fix
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 06:30 PM   #47
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
How off centre is it? From MINI alignment specs, the specs allowed the steering wheel to be slightly off centre, either to the left or the right and would still be considered within spec. I'm sure this applies to BMW's as well.

As for personal experience, I find that once I brought in any of my cars in for an alignment, they were never exactly the same again - the steering wheel or something would be slightly off.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 02:05 AM   #48
SoZoX
Private
Rep
Drives: 335d

I have this now. I did not have this before. And it is not normal.This happened to me after I got a set of wheels that I did not like, tyres were not worn even to one side and could be felt while driving. I got another set of rims(liked the design better) with new tires mounted and the car started doing this gradually. Alignment is done by BMW, tire pressure checked etc etc. I just have to try to swap wheels around but I do not think it will help. Def. something with suspension parts.... so many "funny" things go on this car, never had anything like this with audi b8...
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 04:11 PM   #49
bestinhouse
Rep
Drives: bmw z3. bmw 328i, bmw x5

Did anybody try rebuilding the brake calipers?

Did anybody try rebuilding the right front brake caliper? a Dragging brake would make the car steer funny, put your hand on each wheel (not the tire) after driving and see if one wheel is hotter than the rest. Also look for uneven wear on the brake pads, one side wearing faster than the other.

Also, this car has a history of a broken rear suspension mount - which is attached to the uni-body and deep up under the wheel wells, the sheet metal cracks and pulls away. Look that one up on youtube, and then do an inspection - something tells me that might be the culprit... About a year ago my car also had its rear wheels go completely bald. Yep, I bought new tires and within 10,000 miles - bald. Thought that was weird... Jesu Cristo! If this is the problem you must yank the rear mounts, pull out some interior stuff and do some welding. Yessiree, owning a BMW is like taking a course in Auto Repair at your local Community College!

Those are two other things I would consider... and WILL consider since my car just started pulling to the right. So happy I have something new to fix... I'll let you in on a little secret.... there is something FU about the 2007 328i - its my wife's car and I HATE THIS F'ING PILE OF JUNK!

I keep trying to fix the big problems so I can sell this clunker, but each time I fix one thing, another thing raises its ugly head. - transmission slipped, so I fixed that with a red tube of transmission FIXX - and so far, that works great, and saved me buying a new transission (its the transfer case that slips) ... then my lovely 328i started blowing huge clouds of oil, so I replaced the valve cover and added Bar's Leaks Oil seal with ALLEGEDLY softens and seals the valve seals, and saves you having to tear down the head. Apparently the valve seals are ANOTHER big problem with this car... There are actually 105 problems and about 10 good things about the 328i.... I HATE THIS CAR!!!

Whew... that was good to get off my chest... I feel much better... Can't wait to see what breaks next so I can throw some more thousands of dollars at it.... spend like there's no tomorrow, I always say...
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 07:56 AM   #50
57Stratguy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i 6-speed manual

After doing pretty much EVERYTHING in this thread, it was adjusting the stabilizer bar! Has tensioner arms replaced last year (all 4), and car pulled to right after. In the past year: Had it aligned TWICE
replaced right strut
replaced right wheel hub
ALL WITHOUT SUCESS.

Saw post somewhere that it could be stabilizer bar. Simply put car up on rack, remove the plastic undershield, and release the two clamps/bushings that hold stabilizer bar in place and move them about 1/2 to the right and reclamp. If it improves, you're on the right track, so to speak. Thanks to previous post which I can not find now.
Appreciate 0