E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E90 330d 2006 abs traction and red transmission lights coming on and off

01-22-2023, 11:55 AM   #1
Elroy1991
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 330d m sport

Angry E90 330d 2006 abs traction and red transmission lights coming on and off

Hi there i am having problems with my abs traction and red transmission light coming on and then my windows wont work my stereo goes off and the car goes in to limp mode and then if you carry on driving eventually the abs light goes of and so does the traction light the stereo comes back on but car will stay in limp mode i will get home turn the car off and then when i re start it it will all be back to normal. I have replaced the battery and registered it and tested the battery and alternator and its looking normal but im thinking that one minute the alternator is working as it should and then at times it is not . Im also getting codes for interment battery sensor but my car has no i drive and only has the brown wire on the negative terminal and no ibs sensor sonim abit confused by it and im also getting 93d0 supply voltage -under voltage code and 5014 supply voltage 5df4 vehicle electical system voltage and 9d12 error battery circuit ANY HELP WOULD BE MICH APPRECIATED
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2023, 04:06 AM   #2
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

sound like a weak battery..also has it ever had the battery cable recall done ?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 05:06 PM   #3
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elroy1991 View Post
Hi there i am having problems with my abs traction and red transmission light coming on and then my windows wont work my stereo goes off and the car goes in to limp mode and then if you carry on driving eventually the abs light goes of and so does the traction light the stereo comes back on but car will stay in limp mode i will get home turn the car off and then when i re start it it will all be back to normal. I have replaced the battery and registered it and tested the battery and alternator and its looking normal but im thinking that one minute the alternator is working as it should and then at times it is not . Im also getting codes for interment battery sensor but my car has no i drive and only has the brown wire on the negative terminal and no ibs sensor sonim abit confused by it and im also getting 93d0 supply voltage -under voltage code and 5014 supply voltage 5df4 vehicle electical system voltage and 9d12 error battery circuit ANY HELP WOULD BE MICH APPRECIATED
Sounds like a bad alternator/regulator. The alternator and (imaginary) IBS are both on the BSD/LIN bus, which has trouble identifying the offending unit when errors occur.

You could get one of the cheap eBay/Amazon bm2 battery monitors to log voltage. Then check that when the errors crop up to see if voltage was the trigger.
Appreciate 0