E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > CALL LOGS: BMW of Palm Springs Stealership! LAWYER AND SUE? PHOTOS

11-13-2018, 08:05 PM   #89
ckanderson
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome to NBA Jam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanderson View Post
Not a chance in hell I'd call a customer with my personal number. its just an invite to be called while not at work. And that is speaking from experience :
My SA was a pretty risky dude apparently He was calling and texting me from his own number, and encouraged me to call him with any issues. I felt that was really cool, but I also felt really bad texting him so I didn't unless he texted me first.
If more customers were like you I would have done it. I started getting calls at like 9pm that they had car issues. Fuck that
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 06:43 PM   #90
Jesda
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 N52 78k

Quote:
They already did the repair for free. What is he going to sue for?
Unless I misread later parts of the thread, someone cut his battery cable and he got a $525 bill.
      11-14-2018, 06:44 PM   #91
ckanderson
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
Quote:
They already did the repair for free. What is he going to sue for?
Unless I misread later parts of the thread, someone cut his battery cable and he got a $525 bill.
No proof of that
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 08:20 PM   #92
BM3Rrrr
Davy Jones, Giant Squid
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a Pirate Ship

Quote:
Dealership found that the cable had a cut in it and replaced it. (probably saw this when they were disconnecting the cable to perform work) OP says there was no cut in it prior to dropping the car off.....not sure how he can prove that.

End of the day he didn't have to pay for any extra work they did on the car.

Funny how now he has disappeared....
      11-14-2018, 08:47 PM   #93
jeddo45
Apprentice
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM3Rrrr View Post
Quote:
Dealership found that the cable had a cut in it and replaced it. (probably saw this when they were disconnecting the cable to perform work) OP says there was no cut in it prior to dropping the car off.....not sure how he can prove that.

He probably figured out he has no case.

If your going into a small claims court case and using "depression" as one of your reasons of suing, yeah chances are you don't have a case.
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2018, 09:09 PM   #94
Demz760
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2012 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BM3Rrrr View Post

Still here... yeah but its seems they didn't do any work to the car. They said the SEL light was due to the cats clogged, which they said was fixed (on paperwork (photos) yet the light remains on. So they wrongly diagnosed it or didn't repair anything at all. THE CATS ARE UNDER WARRANTY....

LIST OF EMISSIONS PARTS
SUBJECT TO PZEV
WARRANTY

EXHAUST MANIFOLD WITH CATALYST
EXHAUST PIPE WITH CATALYST

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddo45 View Post
He probably figured out he has no case.

If your going into a small claims court case and using "depression" as one of your reasons of suing, yeah chances are you don't have a case.
Yeah I don't have a case because I didnt pay the $1000 they wanted. But I did pay $350... for what? I dont know. My car is literately in worst shape then it was before it went to the dealer. Now I can feel the engine vibrating in the drivers seat. Crazy.

All i have are phone records and the paperwork saying they called me at this (date/time), which doesn't show on my phone records, and the cause of the SEL light saying it was fixed, and a photo of the light on right after leaving the dealership.

Last edited by Demz760; 11-14-2018 at 10:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 09:33 PM   #95
nsjames
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demz760 View Post
Still here... yeah but its seems they didn't do any work to the car. They said the SEL light was due to the cats clogged, which they said was fixed (on paperwork (photos) yet the light remains on. So they wrongly diagnosed it or didn't repair anything at all.

Yeah I don't have a case because I didnt pay the $1000 they wanted. But I did pay $350... for what? I dont know. My car is literately in worst shape then it was before it went to the dealer. Now I can feel the engine vibrating in the drivers seat. Crazy.

All i have are phone records and the paperwork saying they called me at this (date/time), which doesn't show on my phone records, and the cause of the SEL light saying it was fixed, and a photo of the light on right after leaving the dealership.
no, the paperwork says the swapped O2 sensors as part of the test plan, and when that didn't resolve the problem it states that they removed and replaced the manifold. Removed and replaced means they took it off and put it back on. Likely so they could physically look at the cats and diagnose them. It says nothing about them installing a new catalytic converter. Which is the only way your SES light is going away.
That's probably why you engine is shaking, and it's only going to get worse, because your cats are plugged.

The IBS wire and negative terminal damage is incredibly well known to be a common issue that happens when careless people install a battery. I hardly believe that someone at the dealer cut it. I do believe that at some point in your car's history that it had a battery replacement, and someone damaged the IBS unit, because it's fragile.

I get the feeling that you have no idea what anything under the hood of your car does, and when they explained expensive repair things to you, you got irate, so they discounted it to the agreed upon $350 and sent you on your way, because it was easier than dealing with you.

cut your losses, learn some things, and stop acting like everyone is out to get you.
Appreciate 4
Bobh5952.00
Run Silent15127.00
wdb4732.00
      11-14-2018, 09:34 PM   #96
MysticRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i E90

Garage List
OP, just take the car to another dealership, or an indy, or learn how to fix it yourself, and stop with the self-victimization already.
      11-14-2018, 09:56 PM   #97
Demz760
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2012 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsjames View Post
no, the paperwork says the swapped O2 sensors as part of the test plan, and when that didn't resolve the problem it states that they removed and replaced the manifold. Removed and replaced means they took it off and put it back on. Likely so they could physically look at the cats and diagnose them. It says nothing about them installing a new catalytic converter. Which is the only way your SES light is going away.
That's probably why you engine is shaking, and it's only going to get worse, because your cats are plugged.

The IBS wire and negative terminal damage is incredibly well known to be a common issue that happens when careless people install a battery. I hardly believe that someone at the dealer cut it. I do believe that at some point in your car's history that it had a battery replacement, and someone damaged the IBS unit, because it's fragile.

I get the feeling that you have no idea what anything under the hood of your car does, and when they explained expensive repair things to you, you got irate, so they discounted it to the agreed upon $350 and sent you on your way, because it was easier than dealing with you.

cut your losses, learn some things, and stop acting like everyone is out to get you.
WHY DIDN'T THEY REPLACE IT THEN? ITS UNDER WARRANTY!
https://batxcr1.bmwcenternet.com/lib...s_Coverage.pdf

LIST OF EMISSIONS PARTS 150,000miles 15 years!
SUBJECT TO PZEV
WARRANTY

Page 2:
1. 18-40-7-556-504 RP-Exhaust Manifold w Cat: 182019 - N/C (No charge)

Siding with the stealership again, why?
They didn't do **** to my car.

Thank you though, another reason to sue them, not repairing broken parts on car that a covered under warranty.

Quote:
OP, just take the car to another dealership, or an indy, or learn how to fix it yourself, and stop with the self-victimization already.
Why would I let a stealership go free that rips people off.

Last edited by Demz760; 11-14-2018 at 10:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 02:17 AM   #98
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
I'm refraining from any further details for now, but trust me when I say that this isn't the full story.
We here at e90post will hereby be suing you to release all information if our FOIA request for further deets is denied.
That's so abused beyond the intent of law, it's ridiculous. Not applicable anyway, but we digress....

I will say that if he has a 328i, the battery cable was a recall or TSB. I had one deteriorate on me (looked like it sorta snapped and frayed) and cause tons of problems until we figured it out. Dealer then replaced free of charge (mine was one of the cases that were done before the official recall or whatever was officially announced). And if his dealer had said it qualified for the recall and did it for free without asking, I'm sure he would have been peachy.

I suppose it could be in the realm of possibilities that the battery cable was on its last leg and possibly was the cause or secondary cause to some of the codes. Then he got it started, at which point the alternator took over and he made it to the dealership. "Cut" could be just that it was partially severed (like mine); which would need replacing but may be functional to some degree.

But if he's telling the truth, no way work should be preformed if it wasn't say a recall (you should still be advised though), without consent. I once had some guy put back worn brakes on my brothers car just to make a point. I also told a service rep to take my car off the rack after they said my front control arms were loose and failing a week after I had put in new ones.

I see the SES, but was the code pulled after he left to find out if it isn't something else...or something stupid. Did he try to clear it and see if it returned?

Anyway, I also don't believe we are hearing the whole story — and not necessarily just the OP's story. I know my dealership has to have you sign a legal doc beforehand to authorize recommended service over the phone. Otherwise you have to come in and sign the service quote before they start. It's the way of the world and I'd be surprised if his dealership wasn't supposed to get that signed too (or a pre-authorization statement).

{where's that popcorn machine?}
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 08:31 AM   #99
ckanderson
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsjames View Post
Quote:
Still here... yeah but its seems they didn't do any work to the car. They said the SEL light was due to the cats clogged, which they said was fixed (on paperwork (photos) yet the light remains on. So they wrongly diagnosed it or didn't repair anything at all.

Actually the paperwork does show they replaced one manifold and oxygen sensor. Its why the parts are charged out on that line.

Has the OP ran for codes again?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 12:55 PM   #100
rsyed07
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 330i, E92 13' 335is

Quote:

SUBJECT TO PZEV
WARRANTY

Page 2:

Thank you though, another reason to sue them, not repairing broken parts on car that a covered under warranty.

Clean your car please.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00
      11-15-2018, 02:20 PM   #101
Jesda
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 N52 78k

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsyed07 View Post
Clean your car please.
lol, you should see my vert. Parked outdoors with the top open 2/3rds of the day. Full of leaves and dirt.
      11-15-2018, 02:50 PM   #102
MysticRob
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater328 View Post
That's so abused beyond the intent of law, it's ridiculous. Not applicable anyway, but we digress....
Thank you, Cpt Obvious. Way to not come close to catching that joke.

Quote:

SUBJECT TO PZEV
WARRANTY

Page 2:

OP, you truly are deserving of being taken advantage of. Send me $350 and I'll tell you why.
Do this, okay? Take the car elsewhere. See why the vehicle still shows an active code.
Could it be remotely possible it's for a different issue now?
Have you verified whether the battery cable was actually replaced?
Have you verified whether the O2 sensors and other emissions components were actually replaced?
The engine light doesn't tell you or anyone else here anything. What's the current code(s) showing?
Educate yourself, then spout off when you have all the facts in hand. Whining and making assumptions makes you an easy target.

Last edited by MysticRob; 11-15-2018 at 02:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 03:05 PM   #103
Ozzie335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Please pass the salt.
Appreciate 1
wdb4732.00
      11-15-2018, 03:33 PM   #104
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie335i View Post
Please pass the salt.
Should I drop the bomb yet that I have confirmation he threatened several staff members at the dealership during this whole debacle?

11-15-2018, 04:12 PM   #105
MysticRob
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Should I drop the bomb yet that I have confirmation he threatened several staff members at the dealership during this whole debacle?

Whoa now, better have proof this happened or OP will sue you for bestiality and brown-staining of his underwear. Or actions to that effect.
      11-15-2018, 04:23 PM   #106
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRob View Post
Whoa now, better have proof this happened or OP will sue you for bestiality and brown-staining of his underwear. Or actions to that effect.
Yeah - better get my general counsel up here to review my amicus curiae. LOL.
      11-15-2018, 04:24 PM   #107
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Please pass the salt.
Quote:

Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00
      11-15-2018, 05:29 PM   #108
BM3Rrrr
Davy Jones, Giant Squid
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a Pirate Ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsyed07 View Post
Clean your car please.
And he was complaining about his car being dirty after it left the dealership....how much dirtier could it have been
      11-15-2018, 05:35 PM   #109
jeddo45
Apprentice
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Quote:
Please pass the salt.

We are waiting
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 05:48 PM   #110
Welcome to NBA Jam
Is it the shoes!?
Rep
Drives: (Sold) 2011 E92 335i ZMP 6MT

Anyone else feel bad for the people at the dealership who had to deal with OP?
Appreciate 2