E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > Strong Feeler: My 335i

10-04-2015, 12:46 PM   #1
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Strong Feeler: My 335i

Having owned the above car for nearly 3 years circumstances(future house move and distanace)means that my 335i will I suspect be going to pastures new in the near future, therefore if any one's on the look out for a Pre LCI 335i N54 Turbo have a read see what you think.

My car started life as a humble Space Grey 335i SE Coupe

As per all Coupe they are fairly well equipped out the box with Xenons etc, but is also fitted with the following.

Pro Nav CCC & Voice Control
Bluetooth
Front & Rear PDC
Heated Electric Front Seat With Memory & Folding Mirrors
Sliding Front Arm Rest(Retractable)
Cruise With Brake Function
ZF 6 speed Automatic Transmission
Windscreen W/Green Shade
Auto Dimming Interior Mirrior
Rain Sensor

The car was registered 17th October 2006 and has covered 82600 miles(currently)I purchased it back in October 2012 with 64600 miles on it.

Service history wise, well you could say its been well looked after. If the car sneezes it gets attention.

The following has been repalced under my ownership

Turbo's first set replaced early October 2013 (second set replaced under BMW warranty in July-August 2015)first set due to seal failure and carbon build up

Both Pressure Converters

All 6 Injectors

All 6 Coils
All Spark Plugs
Water Pump
Radiator(due to a leak discovered when we were checking over the car and replaced at the same time as the water pump)

Rocker Cover & Gasket(rocker cover had a crack)

Oil Filter Housing Gasket.(due to a leak)

Gearbox Service Carried Out Inc. Sump, Oil All Adaptaions Re Set & Latest Gear Box SoftWare to 2015 Spec Uploaded

Service history all up to date last oil service done after BMW repalced the turbo's in July

plus other items have been attended too, to ensure that everything is in good working order. Having seen plenty of 335i's through our workshop underneath (we've got over 60 on our books) and on the maintenence front this one is in good order shall we say

Mod wise I have been fairly descrete as this car is my daily driver(daily commute less than 20 miles)but it still needs to be practical

Engine

One of our A1 re maps (with CAT delete)
BMS Catch Can & Robb Beck PCV Valve

VRSF Catless Down Pipes

K&N filter
4" tips welded onto a std rear box which I bought from RajB

plus of course its been walnut blasted

and that's it.

Chassis Wise

M3 Front Arms & Wishbones
Bilstein B8 Shocks
EiBach Pro Springs
EiBach Front Fully Adjustable Camber Plates
EiBach Front & Rear Anti Roll Bar Kit
Conti Sport Contact 5's all round(loads of tread + a spare front set with 4mm on)

The above Bilstein/EiBach mods were featured in October's Performance BMW Magazine

Body wise I've been a little more adverturious, replacing all the std SE bumpers and side skirts with the following:

Sport Rear Bumper & Performance Rear Defusser

M3 Replica Side Skirts

M3 Competition Rear Spoiler so from this

To this

and perhaps the best if subtle mod of all

Sport Front Bumper with moulded Splitters

The work that went into the above is fairly long winded to arrive at a subtle difference

As you can see from the above the splitters wree positioned(so they over lap as they are designed to do) then smoothed and shaved to blend in with the OEM bumper line. AS these are made of PU Foam like the OEM parts they are very durable and the splitters were filled with expanding PU Foam as well to aid flexability as per pics below

Opted to keep the std wheels changed the colour to matt grey

Windows are tinted all round(within the law re light transmission)and look better in the flesh than the pics suggest.

GEnine BMW Black Kidney Grills fitted

To finish off with the old std lights

on with the far better looking LED lights

Black Badges All Round.

Interior Wise changed the std Ali trims to Satin Grey

plus M3 wheel with extended paddles fitted(this is sooo good)

I have a full black headliner to still go in, which I still haven't installed(bought from Jammy78

Audio Wise(nothing too OTT)but it sounds way better than the stock system

JL Audio XD 600/6
Focal Front & Rear Components
Audison SL14 Crossover
Dension 500 non BT Spec

Car will be MOT's by mid October. It will be given yet another full check over by our guys to make me feel comfortable. Condition wise its not a show car, but its clean its my daily driver there are a few light stone chips(on the bonnet) but there are no scratches alloys have the odd chip but no kerbing. Interior only the drivers seat shows signs of age the rear seats have hardly been used and the passenger seat again is very clean with

It still has a warranty til Feb 2016(transferable for £35)

Comes with a very comprehensive collection of invoices, all books, 2 keys, std CAT's, std rear lights, a spare set of full interior trims (if you fancy modding these)

Price wise I will sleep on what I'm looking for over the next 3-5 days but if anyone is interested please feel free to PM me.

Thanks of reading

Steve

Last edited by old grey steve; 10-06-2015 at 04:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2015, 12:50 PM   #2
Briancanadiano
Brian335tt
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i premium package 19"ri

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve

Having owned the above car for nearly 3 years circumstances(future house move and distanace)means that my 335i will I suspect be going to pastures new in the near future, therefore if any one's on the look out for a Pre LCI N54 Turbo have a read see what you think.

My car started life as a humble Space Grey 335i SE Coupe

As per all Coupe they are fairly well equipped out the box with Xenons etc, but is also fitted with the following.

Pro Nav CCC & Voice Control
Bluetooth
Front & Rear PDC
Heated Electric Front Seat With Memory & Folding Mirrors
Sliding Front Arm Rest(Retractable)
Cruise With Brake Function

The car was registered 17th October 2006 and has covered 82600 miles(currently)I purchased it back in October 2012 with 64600 miles on it.

Service history wise, well you could say its been well looked after. If the car sneezes it gets attention. The following has been repalced under my ownership

Turbo's first set replaced early October 2013 (second set replaced under BMW warranty in July-August 2015)
Both Pressure Converters
All 6 Injectors
All 6 Coils
All Spark Plugs
Water Pump
Radiator
Rocker Cover & Gasket
Oil Filter Housing.

Service history all up to date last oil service done after BMW repalced the turbo's

plus other items to ensure that everything is in good working order. Having seen plenty of 335i's through our workshop underneath (we've got over 60 on our books) and on the maintenence front this one is in good order shall we say

Mod wise I have been fairly descrete as this car is my daily driver(daily commute less than 20 miles)but it still needs to be practical

Engine

One of our A1 re maps (with CAT delete)
BMS Catch Can & Robb Beck PCV Valve

VRSF Catless Down Pipes

K&N filter
4" tips welded onto a std rear box which I bought from RajB

and that's it.

Chassis Wise

M3 Front Arms & Wishbones
Bilstein B8 Shocks
EiBach Pro Springs
EiBach Front Fully Adjustable Camber Plates
EiBach Front & Rear Anti Roll Bar Kit
Conti Sport Contact 5's all round(loads of tread + a spare front set with 4mm on)

The above Bilstein/EiBach mods were featured in October's Performance BMW Magazine

Body wise I've been a little more adverturious, replacing all the std SE bumpers and side skirts with the following:

Sport Rear Bumper & Performance Rear Defusser

M3 Replica Side Skirts

M3 Competition Rear Spoiler so from this

To this

and perhaps the best if subtle mod of all

Sport Front Bumper with moulded Splitters

The work that went into the above is fairly long winded to arrive at a subtle difference

As you can see from the above the splitters wree positioned(so they over lap as they are designed to do) then smoothed and shaved to blend in with the OEM bumper line. AS these are made of PU Foam like the OEM parts they are very durable and the splitters were filled with expanding PU Foam as well to aid flexability as per pics below

Opted to keep the std wheels changed the colour to matt grey

To finish off with the old std lights

on with the far better looking LED lights

Black Badges All Round.

Interior Wise changed the std Ali trims to Satin Grey

plus M3 wheel with extended paddles fitted(this is sooo good)

I have a full black headliner to still go in, which I still haven't installed(bought from Jammy78

Audio Wise(nothing too OTT)but it sounds way better than the stock system

JL Audio XD 600/6
Focal Front & Rear Components
Audison SL14 Crossover
Dension 500 non BT Spec

Car will be MOT's by mid October. It will be given yet another full check over by our guys.

It still has a warranty til Feb 2016(transferable for £35)

Comes with a very comprehensive collection of invoices, all books, 2 keys, std CAT's, std rear lights, a spare set of full interior trims (if you fancy modding these)

Price wise will sleep on what I'm looking for over the next 3-5 days but if anyone is interested please feel free to PM me.

Thanks of reading

Steve
What a beauty !
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2015, 02:59 PM   #3
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Shame to see you sell up Steve but I'm certain the next owner will be getting an absolutely no expenses spared car and extremely well looked after.
      10-05-2015, 12:49 AM   #4
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Shame to see you sell up Steve but I'm certain the next owner will be getting an absolutely no expenses spared car and extremely well looked after.
Chances are Sam it won't be just yet but it's time for a change(new house hopefully even lifestyle)where I might be to somewhere a little more rural it'll be further away too so of course a change for me back to diesel I suspect too.

As for the car yep once gone I'll miss the noise and overall she's been OK, I've gone through the typical 335i acheles heel issues so the next user all being well won't encounter these problems.
      10-05-2015, 10:54 AM   #5
singh21
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Well if someone wants a clean 335i this is the one to get!!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 01:29 AM   #6
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Shame to see it go but understandable. Sure you won't have any problems selling.
      10-06-2015, 05:02 AM   #7
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
hmmmmmm
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 05:19 AM   #8
siross
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 330d

Hi mate, I sent you a PM. Did you get it?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 06:18 AM   #9
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by siross View Post
Hi mate, I sent you a PM. Did you get it?
Got it replied plus replied to another 2 PM's as well as stated chewing over what to ask it won't be cheap mind as I'm not giving it away but I'll consider what's right re money considering what's gone into it and everything
      10-06-2015, 06:26 AM   #10
siross
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
Got it replied plus replied to another 2 PM's as well as stated chewing over what to ask it won't be cheap mind as I'm not giving it away but I'll consider what's right re money considering what's gone into it and everything
Thanks mate, and thanks for the replies.

I shall wait for the price to come through
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 07:04 AM   #11
ahmedb
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 Silverstone M3

If this goes up for sale and is bought, someone is getting a real beaut, probably one of the best kept 335's out there.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 02:42 PM   #12
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh21 View Post
Well if someone wants a clean 335i this is the one to get!!
Thanks fir the kind words Pav. I try ,ynbest to keep it on the straight and narrow, but it's my daily driver it's no garage queen therefore nit a show car won't be sold as one but she's straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajB View Post
Shame to see it go but understandable. Sure you won't have any problems selling.
Well Raj it's a shame if I could keep it and run another sensible car I would but I'll be moving say 45 minutes to an hour away from work(don't intend to look for another job thats for sure)so it's a basic priority requirement. So this will have to happen. I'm in no rush to sell,as I don't intend looking to move til early, mid next year but I'm paving the way.

Will I have trouble selling? Well everything is price sensitive I 100% won't give it away Raj if I get bid down when I offer a price I'll think but if it's not right girl me the offer will have to be declined. Having sold dears got 15 odd years I know where I'm comfortable and where I draw the line if you follow me

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgandy View Post
hmmmmmm
indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedb View Post
If this goes up for sale and is bought, someone is getting a real beaut, probably one of the best kept 335's out there.
Again thanks for the kind words as explained above she's clean, no show queen, driven daily and to the best if my ability if somethings not right it gets looked at. That's about the size of it there are one or two other things thst msy need to be looked at and they'll get looked at, plus MOT times late next week so she will go through thst as well
      10-07-2015, 12:39 PM   #13
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Can't believe you're selling! GLWS really nice mods on it.

What you getting next?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 04:03 AM   #14
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Can't believe you're selling! GLWS really nice mods on it.

What you getting next?
Yep this is happening, I'll keep hold of it until everything is all settled and I know the score(won't be too long though)

Re what I get well I'll be doing the diesel thing as the commute I'll encounter will involve mileage plus moving out I'll be exploring so fuel economy etc. is a requirement.

As for what I get well I may be looking at new via lease or something along those lines therefore looking at what's out there in the 1, 2 and 3 series market
      10-08-2015, 06:32 AM   #15
singh21
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Yep this is happening, I'll keep hold of it until everything is all settled and I know the score(won't be too long though)

Re what I get well I'll be doing the diesel thing as the commute I'll encounter will involve mileage plus moving out I'll be exploring so fuel economy etc. is a requirement.

As for what I get well I may be looking at new via lease or something along those lines therefore looking at what's out there in the 1, 2 and 3 series market
Get the new F32 Steve! 335d should do the trick

Only issue with getting it on lease is you cant mod it like you have with this
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 08:30 AM   #16
siross
Captain
Rep

Quote:

There's some decent deals knocking around at the minute and I'm seriously considering them myself. I've been quoted just under £3k deposit and £325 a month for a 330d touring with professional media and HK sound.

Also getting a quote on the new A4 (sorry!)
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 08:34 AM   #17
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh21 View Post
Get the new F32 Steve! 335d should do the trick

Only issue with getting it on lease is you cant mod it like you have with this
Trust me Pav for now modding isn't on the list a better lifestyle new house is high on the order hence the change and the move.

Re what to get depends on how your financing and of course what you're looking at. We've got an F31 335d here and I've had a drive and its rapid, coupe's cost more therefore unless deal of the centry's out there the saloon looks financially the better option.

But we're digressing slightly from the thread, I've had 3 years almost of ownership, loved every minute there are still 1 or 2 thing s to do on the car and I'll do my best to get them done MOT is Monday as is perhaps something else that may make a difference.
      10-08-2015, 01:51 PM   #18
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Steve you should offer the buyer 50% off your rates for 3 years
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 03:02 PM   #19
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Steve you should offer the buyer 50% off your rates for 3 years
Only if you're paying the other 50% of all the costs, if thats the case delighted too
      10-10-2015, 11:09 AM   #20
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Small update for anyone who's interested MOT today

passed zero advisory's another mechanical update on Monday/Tuesday, price wise sad;y still mulling it over, but thanks to everyone who have PM'd me I will once I'm 100% happy let each an everyone know what I'm looking for
      10-10-2015, 01:36 PM   #21
gangzoom
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M sport

The car looks fab. People in the market for a 335i have to be CRAZY not to go for yours. I'm sure it'll sell very quickly on Pistonheads.

If your after a cheaper commute, I really suggest having a look at hybrids, even BMW now do some!! The GTE is also apparently very cheap on a lease. Trust me, if your looking at cutting down on running costs EVs and Plugin in hybrids are in a different ball park. These days I get annoyed at having to pay £2.50 for 100 miles of fuel, than I drive past a petrol station and get reminded £2.50 of petrol will get me about 25 miles in a 335i
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 12:31 PM   #22
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Steve
Sensible thinking to get a bigger place. Hope you get the right money for your car. It is well looked after and you should have no problems in selling it.
GLWS.