E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Red Brake Warning. New brakes and one-off TC warning. Brake pad sensor codes only.

10-22-2019, 03:03 AM   #1
Wadger
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Red Brake Warning. New brakes and one-off TC warning. Brake pad sensor codes only.

Hi all,

Posted in the correct section this time

I have a 2007 335i which has suddenly thrown a light or two on my dash.

I fitted new discs, pads and sensors all round less than 500 miles ago.
My rear pad sensor fell out of its routing clips a week ago and the wire wore away on the drive shaft I believe, which tripped the yellow warning.
I just cut the cable and connected both wires together to disable warning.

So today I was driving with the traction control in DTC mode, half on I suppose.
I haven't used this in a long time but everything was going fine until I switched my car off and restarted a few times.

So I got home turned off, within 2 minuets I was back out and restarted and pressed DTC button. I turned off engine again immediately afterwards, as I forgot something again lol.

So when I restarted this second time, the dash started alarming and I had the yellow brake pad warning and the traction control warning(no ABS warning on dash). When checking control on dash, it came up with traction and a general brake symbol, not like the rear pad image I got a week ago. Maybe because its both?

I turned off again and restarted and again the same thing.
I had to be somewhere so I carefully drove for 5 mins and turned off again leaving for twenty mins or so. In the period driving traction control wasn't working and cruise control was not responding also..

When I returned and restarted the car the warnings mentioned above were gone, however I now have the red Brake Warning light and red service warning

I drove straight home and plugged her in using INPA and all I could find were two codes for brake pad sensors. Front and rear.

So I thought I would clear the errors(not expecting the pad sensors to reset), however when I pressed clear, the traction control light and ABS light flickered on dash. However a reread showed no errors.
Upon starting up again, I immediately got the red Brake light and red service warning.
Again I read the codes and got the brake pad sensors. When I cleared the codes again I got the same as previous flicker on dash.

Has anyone experienced similar to this? Could it just be a little hick-up for the ecu?

I will of course try changing the brake pad sensors, or just use my old ones with wires twisted together again to see if this removes the errors.
I just though if the sensors triggered I would be on yellow warning as I did for the rear a week or so ago. Or is it because it's both it has gone straight to red?
Should I be expecting another failure any time soon?

Thanks to all for taking the time to read and even more so those who can give me some insight.

And thanks to ctuna for pointing the forum newb in the right direction!
Appreciate 0