E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Offical Vancouver Members Thread (#2)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-15-2017, 01:22 AM   #683
KF335i
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i Xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
You will always save money by ordering the parts online and shipping it to Blaine. You're close to the border anyways.
Even with the dollar where its at? Any recommendations on a shop?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2017, 01:32 AM   #684
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
bimmette's Avatar
Canada
5754
Rep
4,651
Posts

Drives: like I stole it! (07 335i E93)
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KF335i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
You will always save money by ordering the parts online and shipping it to Blaine. You're close to the border anyways.
Even with the dollar where its at? Any recommendations on a shop?
I've used Turner Motorsport. You can try them.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 05:19 PM   #685
SteveW928
Private
SteveW928's Avatar
Canada
14
Rep
75
Posts

Drives: '07 328xi Jet Black
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Hello, I used to live in Vancouver, but now up in Prince George.

I'm car-hunting in Vancouver (also Calgary & Edmonton). I'll certainly want a pre-purchase inspection, especially since I'll be flying in. I've seen a couple recommendations for places in Richmond, but wondering if anyone can suggest a couple of places in Vancouver proper, especially up near Commercial Drive (as one I'm looking at is up that way).

I've called a few places and most are a week out our more for appointments... yikes!
__________________
Present: '07 BMW 328xi, '09 Honda CR-V
Past: '87 Dodge Omni, '89 Isuzu Impulse Turbo, '82 Porsche 928, early '80s Toyota Celica GT, 2x '80s Volvo 240 DL, late-'80s Honda Accord, late-'70s BMW 320, '89 BMW 325i, late '90s Ford Escort, '03 Honda Civic, '95 Mazda Miata 'M' edition, '10 VW Jetta TDI, '13 Toyota Tundra 5.7l
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 10:13 AM   #686
DOMs335D
Captain
Canada
165
Rep
981
Posts

Drives: 1991 318is; 2017 M2
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1991 BMW 318is  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW928 View Post
Hello, I used to live in Vancouver, but now up in Prince George.

I'm car-hunting in Vancouver (also Calgary & Edmonton). I'll certainly want a pre-purchase inspection, especially since I'll be flying in. I've seen a couple recommendations for places in Richmond, but wondering if anyone can suggest a couple of places in Vancouver proper, especially up near Commercial Drive (as one I'm looking at is up that way).

I've called a few places and most are a week out our more for appointments... yikes!
You should buy my car You can do your pre-purchase inspection at BMW. The car has been serviced at Auto West BMW.

Here's the ad: https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/6108649734.html
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 02:18 PM   #687
Canalpine
Private
Canalpine's Avatar
Canada
35
Rep
58
Posts

Drives: '10 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Any meets/cruises happening soon!? I wanna get out and play
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 04:08 PM   #688
SteveW928
Private
SteveW928's Avatar
Canada
14
Rep
75
Posts

Drives: '07 328xi Jet Black
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMs335D View Post
You should buy my car You can do your pre-purchase inspection at BMW. The car has been serviced at Auto West BMW.

Here's the ad: https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/6108649734.html
Heh.... if you'll let me have it for under $8k, I'll start looking for flights.

I'm actually looking for a 328/330xi with auto (I'd buy a manual in a heartbeat, but it's for the whole family). Nice car, though!
__________________
Present: '07 BMW 328xi, '09 Honda CR-V
Past: '87 Dodge Omni, '89 Isuzu Impulse Turbo, '82 Porsche 928, early '80s Toyota Celica GT, 2x '80s Volvo 240 DL, late-'80s Honda Accord, late-'70s BMW 320, '89 BMW 325i, late '90s Ford Escort, '03 Honda Civic, '95 Mazda Miata 'M' edition, '10 VW Jetta TDI, '13 Toyota Tundra 5.7l
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 07:43 AM   #689
snipersix
Brigadier General
snipersix's Avatar
Philippines
153
Rep
3,748
Posts

Drives: 2017 F87 M2
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Manila

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to snipersix
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyOh View Post
picked her up yesterday!!!! Excuse the bad quality, picture taken from my snapchat

how do u like it? I'm picking up mine on June. Ordered a BSM.
__________________
2017 M2 Coupe:|Black Sapphire Metallic|DCT|Nav/Idrive|M Performance CF Spoiler|M Performance CF DCT Interior| M Performance Gloss Black Kidney Grills| M Performance Steel Pedals
Retired: |2008 328i Sedan|Montego Blue|
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 11:17 PM   #690
GuyOh
Colonel
GuyOh's Avatar
Canada
133
Rep
2,012
Posts

Drives: 2016 LB M2 / 2018 X1 M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver B.C.

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipersix View Post
how do u like it? I'm picking up mine on June. Ordered a BSM.
LOVE IT!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 01:20 AM   #691
snipersix
Brigadier General
snipersix's Avatar
Philippines
153
Rep
3,748
Posts

Drives: 2017 F87 M2
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Manila

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to snipersix
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyOh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipersix View Post
how do u like it? I'm picking up mine on June. Ordered a BSM.
LOVE IT!
Awesome
__________________
2017 M2 Coupe:|Black Sapphire Metallic|DCT|Nav/Idrive|M Performance CF Spoiler|M Performance CF DCT Interior| M Performance Gloss Black Kidney Grills| M Performance Steel Pedals
Retired: |2008 328i Sedan|Montego Blue|
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2017, 04:43 AM   #692
Simplex123
New Member
Canada
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

I recently got a 330i 06' pre lci and put in some LUX V7's on and they're just not that bright and I find the colour is not quite the 6500K they advertise.
Can anyone in the area maybe meet up and show me your angel eyes?? Whether they're LUX or another brand that you got.

HMU with a PM!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 11:33 PM   #693
dakoo12
Private First Class
Canada
28
Rep
109
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 335xi F30 Sport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

180,000 kms and looking for a indy maintenance shop

Hey Guys,

My car (2007 323i Pre-Lci) has now reached 180,000 kms on it and I'm looking for a indy shop that will do a major servicing and tune up without destroying my bank roll.

Looking to do the following things;

Coolant Fluid Flush
Power Steering Fluid Flush
Brake Fluid Flush
Transmission Fluid Flush
Rear Differential Fluid Flush
Spark Plugs
Transfer Case Fluid Flush
Replace engine air filter
Replace cabin filter

possibly the brakes and rotors

Do you think it's better if I buy all the fluids and parts online and then ask the shop to do the labour? I'm hoping that would save some costs. Any help would be appreciated in this area. Also any types of fluids and filters you recommend, hit me up. I want this car running for at least another 4-5 years.
__________________
dakoo12
2013 335i Xdrive (F30)
2015 X3 Xdrive lci (F25)

2007 323i (e90) RIP
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 10:10 PM   #694
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
bimmette's Avatar
Canada
5754
Rep
4,651
Posts

Drives: like I stole it! (07 335i E93)
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakoo12 View Post
Hey Guys,

My car (2007 323i Pre-Lci) has now reached 180,000 kms on it and I'm looking for a indy shop that will do a major servicing and tune up without destroying my bank roll.

Looking to do the following things;

Coolant Fluid Flush
Power Steering Fluid Flush
Brake Fluid Flush
Transmission Fluid Flush
Rear Differential Fluid Flush
Spark Plugs
Transfer Case Fluid Flush
Replace engine air filter
Replace cabin filter

possibly the brakes and rotors

Do you think it's better if I buy all the fluids and parts online and then ask the shop to do the labour? I'm hoping that would save some costs. Any help would be appreciated in this area. Also any types of fluids and filters you recommend, hit me up. I want this car running for at least another 4-5 years.
I go to AHM. Tell the owner Chris that Tara sent you and he should give you a deal.
Also some of those things you can DIY. (I made videos so anyone can do it)
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 02:55 PM   #695
dakoo12
Private First Class
Canada
28
Rep
109
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 335xi F30 Sport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

Thanks Tara. I've pretty much ordered everything online between Amazon.com and ecstuning.com. excited for it all to come so I can get started. For sure some of the changes look easy enough to tackle on my own.

The only thing I have yet to order is transmission fluid and filter. $$$$ Still doing my research on it. I don't think it's ever been done on my car. 180,000k and a little worried it might screw up my transmission. Some people say to do it other say don't if your mileage is high. Some people say just change the oil and filter but don't do a flush as it will move sludge and debris around causing the tranny to slip. Argh... what to do
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 08:49 PM   #696
shanker604
Lieutenant
Canada
177
Rep
440
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

i phoned AHM out of curiosity because i need some work done on my bmw as well and i asked about walnut blasting and they never heard of it or did the job...so from what i gathered im sure they can change your fluids without issues but i wouldnt trust them with any specific bmw work since they had no clue what intake manifold cleaning was... ( he thought i wanted to replace my manifold)... just my 2 cents...


i used to use a small indy shop on boundary called stop stop tech...he did coilovers , gaskets and a few other things on my old e46 ... never had any issues with his work
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 10:34 PM   #697
dakoo12
Private First Class
Canada
28
Rep
109
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 335xi F30 Sport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

Good to know shanker604.

I've basically done all the research I can and ordered just about everything I wanted to. I spent just over $300 US on the following;

Spark Plugs (Bosch FR7NP P332)
Engine Air Filter (Mann)
Cabin Filter (Mann)
Power Steering Fluid (CHF-11s Pentosin)
Brake Fluid (BMW DOT 4)
Rear Diff Fluid (BMW 75W-90)
Coolant (BMW)
Dexron VI ATF (BMW)
Transmission Filter Kit (Vaico Filter, Rein Gasket, bolts and drain plug)

Decided to try this on my own and see how it goes, thanks to all the DIY guides and videos. Thumbs up bimmette. So far, I've done the engine an cabin filter changes.. one step at a time.. lol easiest to hardest I guess.

I also decided that I'm going to do a filter change, drain and fill on my transmission. Best way to go I think since the mileage is high. Don't want to do a flush and move all the debris etc around. Wish me luck.

dakoo12
__________________
dakoo12
2013 335i Xdrive (F30)
2015 X3 Xdrive lci (F25)

2007 323i (e90) RIP
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 02:10 AM   #698
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
bimmette's Avatar
Canada
5754
Rep
4,651
Posts

Drives: like I stole it! (07 335i E93)
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakoo12 View Post
Good to know shanker604.

I've basically done all the research I can and ordered just about everything I wanted to. I spent just over $300 US on the following;

Spark Plugs (Bosch FR7NP P332)
Engine Air Filter (Mann)
Cabin Filter (Mann)
Power Steering Fluid (CHF-11s Pentosin)
Brake Fluid (BMW DOT 4)
Rear Diff Fluid (BMW 75W-90)
Coolant (BMW)
Dexron VI ATF (BMW)
Transmission Filter Kit (Vaico Filter, Rein Gasket, bolts and drain plug)

Decided to try this on my own and see how it goes, thanks to all the DIY guides and videos. Thumbs up bimmette. So far, I've done the engine an cabin filter changes.. one step at a time.. lol easiest to hardest I guess.

I also decided that I'm going to do a filter change, drain and fill on my transmission. Best way to go I think since the mileage is high. Don't want to do a flush and move all the debris etc around. Wish me luck.

dakoo12
Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2017, 02:49 PM   #699
dakoo12
Private First Class
Canada
28
Rep
109
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 335xi F30 Sport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

Update.

I have now changed the spark plugs and transmission fluid and filter. Car is shifting soooooooo smooth now and I'm glad I did it. My transmission oil definitely needed to be changed as it was extremely dirty. Considering the mileage on it, there weren't any major signs of metal flakes or debris. Just the regular sludge and not really that bad of a burnt smell. If I was to do it all over again I wouldn't change the O-ring/pressure ring that came with the transmission filter kit. You actually have to break off the old one and risk damaging the walls where the filter/strainer slides up into. And it was a pain in the ass to take out.

On a side note, I spilled a lot of transmission fluid using a transfer pump and was worried I would run out. I called BMW as I was using OEM Dexron VI fluid to get more. My goodness they wanted $26 a liter or $96 for a gallon jug. Even worse no one in the lower mainland had any in stock. I continued with my change and luckily I had enough. I got my transmission oil from ecstuning.com with free shipping and picked it up across the border. For 7 liters I paid $86 including tax. I wanted to keep the oil as OEM as possible considering the torque converter holds a significant amount of oil. Didn't want to mix and mess around with viscosity, additives etc. Transmissions are too much $$$$ to cheap out on the fluid.

Next up I really want to get the differential oil changed and topped up. I cracked the drain/fill plug and nothing came out, so I know its low. My rear diff has the infamous whirring/whinning noise and I'm hoping this will shut it up a little. Should be an easy change but I wasn't able to get any of the old oil out because of the transfer pump I have. The hose on it is too thick to reach the bottom of the pumpkin. I'm just going to get an indy shop to do it when I get my oil change done. I'll just provide them with the diff oil and hopefully they have a better transfer pump to get all the old oil.
__________________
dakoo12
2013 335i Xdrive (F30)
2015 X3 Xdrive lci (F25)

2007 323i (e90) RIP
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2017, 07:52 PM   #700
shanker604
Lieutenant
Canada
177
Rep
440
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

im glad your tranny shifts smoother now... im thinking of doing the same thing since with mhd i get a hard shift 2-3 in D mode but nothing in M mode or S mode which is weird
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2017, 07:09 PM   #701
Simplex123
New Member
Canada
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

Anyone in Vancouver able to help me do some coding? Looking to upgrade my FRM1 to FRM2 to have my angel eyes as DRL
Seems like this is what you'll need to do: http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...1/#post2670209
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2017, 08:41 PM   #702
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
bimmette's Avatar
Canada
5754
Rep
4,651
Posts

Drives: like I stole it! (07 335i E93)
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplex123 View Post
Anyone in Vancouver able to help me do some coding? Looking to upgrade my FRM1 to FRM2 to have my angel eyes as DRL
Seems like this is what you'll need to do: http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...1/#post2670209
Luis aka Dr. Bimmer (604) 358-4078
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2017, 12:37 PM   #703
dakoo12
Private First Class
Canada
28
Rep
109
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 335xi F30 Sport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

So after spending all that money and completing the majority of the fluid and filter changes, I got into an accident on port mann bridge a couple weeks ago. FML.. my car might be written off. I guess its time to upgrade to the F30. Looking at the 2014 328i xdrive sport package.
__________________
dakoo12
2013 335i Xdrive (F30)
2015 X3 Xdrive lci (F25)

2007 323i (e90) RIP
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2017, 12:43 PM   #704
dakoo12
Private First Class
Canada
28
Rep
109
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 335xi F30 Sport
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplex123 View Post
Anyone in Vancouver able to help me do some coding? Looking to upgrade my FRM1 to FRM2 to have my angel eyes as DRL
Seems like this is what you'll need to do: http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...1/#post2670209
Hey Simplex123,

Are you still driving the 2006 330i?

I have a feeling that you may not be able to run your angel eyes as DRL's with only coding. I have a 2007 323i and had to get them directly hard wired on top of coding. I could be wrong, but just a heads up.
__________________
dakoo12
2013 335i Xdrive (F30)
2015 X3 Xdrive lci (F25)

2007 323i (e90) RIP
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST