E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > E90 Brake booster Master Cylinder



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-16-2018, 09:09 PM   #1
Staszek
Schumacher
Staszek's Avatar
135
Rep
1,543
Posts

Drives: E38 740i, E93 M3, E30, F15
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lake Forest, IL

iTrader: (0)

E90 Brake booster Master Cylinder

This is a long shot question, but does anyone know any other master cylinders that fit in the E90 booster?

I am in the middle of an engine swap in my E30, and I am using an E90 booster. The problem is that the E90 Master has the brake lines on the wrong side, I can make it work but I would rather not have to extend and wrap lines around.

I was told the E83 X3 master fits, but it doesn't, its about 1-2mm to thick to fit inside.

Does anyone have any other options?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 09:24 PM   #2
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
Seattlesquash's Avatar
United_States
207
Rep
826
Posts

Drives: E92 328i 2007
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [3.00]
2007 B7 RS4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
This is a long shot question, but does anyone know any other master cylinders that fit in the E90 booster?

I am in the middle of an engine swap in my E30, and I am using an E90 booster. The problem is that the E90 Master has the brake lines on the wrong side, I can make it work but I would rather not have to extend and wrap lines around.

I was told the E83 X3 master fits, but it doesn't, its about 1-2mm to thick to fit inside.

Does anyone have any other options?
Not sure if it is helpful, but I put an m3 master cylinder in my e92 328i, and although it came with booster; they looked identical and better output.
__________________
E92 328i|6MT|AA|3 stage|MF|Res/CDV delete|HPB LED's|HID projector fogs|CC|Coding|Rotiform KPS|R139|PS4S 275.245.19|M3 front|M3 side skirts|MTEC rear|Akrapovic C tips|FSD|Eibach PS|Hotchkis SB|C high-kick spoiler|C mirrors|C trim|LCI tails|AFE SI C|M3 arms|CYBA a-scoops|Black E trim|Black kidney's|LUX AE|HPB Rev/LP LED|BMW OEM BBK|ECS SS
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 04:40 AM   #3
juld0zer
Major
327
Rep
1,093
Posts

Drives: E82 135i 7DCT
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: 2153

iTrader: (0)

Would a RHD master have the output ports on the other side?
Appreciate 1
FCobra942133.50

      11-20-2018, 12:28 AM   #4
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
Seattlesquash's Avatar
United_States
207
Rep
826
Posts

Drives: E92 328i 2007
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [3.00]
2007 B7 RS4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by juld0zer View Post
Would a RHD master have the output ports on the other side?
Thats a great question, not sure.
__________________
E92 328i|6MT|AA|3 stage|MF|Res/CDV delete|HPB LED's|HID projector fogs|CC|Coding|Rotiform KPS|R139|PS4S 275.245.19|M3 front|M3 side skirts|MTEC rear|Akrapovic C tips|FSD|Eibach PS|Hotchkis SB|C high-kick spoiler|C mirrors|C trim|LCI tails|AFE SI C|M3 arms|CYBA a-scoops|Black E trim|Black kidney's|LUX AE|HPB Rev/LP LED|BMW OEM BBK|ECS SS
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 07:48 AM   #5
juld0zer
Major
327
Rep
1,093
Posts

Drives: E82 135i 7DCT
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: 2153

iTrader: (0)

RHD exits from the left, towards the engine side
Appreciate 1
feuer2564.50

      12-09-2018, 05:18 PM   #6
Staszek
Schumacher
Staszek's Avatar
135
Rep
1,543
Posts

Drives: E38 740i, E93 M3, E30, F15
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lake Forest, IL

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the replies. It doesnt matter anymore, no matter how much we trimmed or squeezed the E90 booster wont work in the E30 with the S54 intake.

Switching to the Porshe 944 booster.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 11:28 AM   #7
feuer
Major General
feuer's Avatar
United_States
2565
Rep
6,439
Posts

Drives: wife crazy!
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

944 booster is smaller, pancake shape, compared to e9x booster. However, e46 is very similar to 944, if you want to stay BMW true.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 12:24 PM   #8
Staszek
Schumacher
Staszek's Avatar
135
Rep
1,543
Posts

Drives: E38 740i, E93 M3, E30, F15
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lake Forest, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
944 booster is smaller, pancake shape, compared to e9x booster. However, e46 is very similar to 944, if you want to stay BMW true.
I would but the 944 takes almost no modifications to fit, and it accepts the E30 master.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 01:41 PM   #9
feuer
Major General
feuer's Avatar
United_States
2565
Rep
6,439
Posts

Drives: wife crazy!
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
I would but the 944 takes almost no modifications to fit, and it accepts the E30 master.
Can you maybe slot the holes on the fire wall and move it away some for better clearance?
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 09:30 AM   #10
Staszek
Schumacher
Staszek's Avatar
135
Rep
1,543
Posts

Drives: E38 740i, E93 M3, E30, F15
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lake Forest, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
Can you maybe slot the holes on the fire wall and move it away some for better clearance?
Not for the E90 booster, its still a bit too big.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST