E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Moron's at the Gym..

01-05-2010, 01:22 AM   #111
L8Apex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
Genetics, bottom line. They may or may not get 'a lot' wider. They will grow though.

Wrist excercises:
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/For...#anchor1936059

I've done all sorts of wrist excercises, never super focused on them though. But have seen great gains, in my opinion. You want some serious pain though, do reverse barbell curls. That shit kills if you combine the right weight and reps.
Have you tried curling plates? I started with a 25lb 6 months ago and now use a 30lb (25 with a 5 cliped to it..far end). 35 is just around the corner. I did it mostly for rock climbing and it has helped a ton especially my grip. Here is an example:
Give it a try.
      01-05-2010, 02:20 PM   #112
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Apex View Post
Have you tried curling plates? I started with a 25lb 6 months ago and now use a 30lb (25 with a 5 cliped to it..far end). 35 is just around the corner. I did it mostly for rock climbing and it has helped a ton especially my grip. Here is an example:
Give it a try.
I'll have to look into that thanks.

I took last week off, started back again yesterday. Didn't notice a tremendous amount of newbies, but I'll give it a week or two. Next week will probably suck.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 09:37 AM   #113
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Saw a creep at the gym yesterday. I was doing leg curls and to my left is the "open gym" where they hold classes at times, but a lot of people use it to jump rope or various other routines in the room. There were 3 or so girls in there a few pretty attractive.

This guy is working out with his buddy and for some reason he's just annoying me just because. Then I notice him walk over to the glass door and just stand there starring at the girls. For at least a minute, just standing there. He then goes back to his workout then back to his creep spot. He looks like a type of guy to look out for.

I'm going to keep my eye out on this guy and if i keep noticing him doing this I will report him.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 12:34 PM   #114
CIGARGUY
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 e90

We used to have a guy in our gym that seemed to live there. It didn't matter what time of night or day I went, he was there. The funniest part was, he probably weighed 150-175, and was actually pretty cut, but he walked through the gym with his arms bowed out like he had 26" biceps. He would do one set of bicep curls and then strut to the men's locker room where he flexed and looked at himself in the mirror for about 5 minutes, them back to the next set. Hilarious.
      01-21-2010, 11:45 AM   #115
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Not really a moron, just scares the crap out of me.

This older guy uses the lat pulldown machine. Not a whole lot of weight, but he pulls down the weight and literally lets the bar fly up under its own momentum. I cringe every time I see him do this.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 01:10 PM   #116
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Went to the gym this morning, it has a new machine.

I only used it for half an hour before it started to make me feel sick. It's really good though it does everything.

Mars, snickers, crunchie, kitkat, the lot.

Last edited by footie; 01-21-2010 at 05:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 01:16 PM   #117
dragon1761
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i SGM 08; 328i AW 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrw View Post
So I went to the gym the other day and noticed a guy doing some good ol' chin-ups. He placed a large box under the chin up bar, jumped off the box while lightly hanging onto the bar with both hands. He was jumping so high that the bar was coming to his shoulders, but this was entirely due to the size of the box. Not only this, he was doing them as fast as he could, doing like 15 "rep" sets... I think most of the gym was just laughing at him.

These moves were later followed up by some sort of swooping crane style lunges...

I know there area millions of stories about "curl in the squat rack" and "bend and the waist while curling" guy... Let's hear em..

i think he was just trying to increase speed and not build muscle. Its similar to lifting lighter weights. He uses momentum to decrease the amount of effort exerted on the muscle.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 01:18 PM   #118
dragon1761
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
While I was at the gym the other night, there was a guy who spent 20 minutes cleaning the sleds on one of the elliptical machines before using it. I was WTF?!? Just do your workout already. It pissed me off because it was 1am, the gym was completely empty, and of the 20 machines available he chose the one right next to the one I was using.

That person should have worn long sleeve. Just using the clean wipes dont work. I was at the gym and i just a towel to clean off the station. Once i got home i notice i had some ish growing on my arm from touching that ish.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 01:19 PM   #119
dragon1761
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
I hate the gym.

Well I love the gym but I have other problems. It's overpriced. There are some major weirdos there. I can't stand how dirty the place gets, really next time take a look around the edge of the walls or under a machine. All you'll see is hair, dust, skin flecks. People are always doing the weirdest things. People let their 12-14y/o kids dick around, watching 5 kids do a benching contest all laughing barely putting 95lbs up. People can't use a locker, they carry their shit around with them or hang their coats on the end of the dumbbell rack.

I'm buying my own gym set in the next few months. Check this place out. www.elitefts.com

I plan to buy this...or something similar that they offer. I wouldn't get the dead-lift pad up front as shown.

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...id=167&pid=921

I'm a free weight guy. The only machine I use is to do some tricep extensions, but there are other ways to do that.

Yea. My friend got her sweat shirt stolen at the gym. When she went back she saw a girl wearing her sweat shirt. Talk about ghetto a$$ peep in the gym.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #120
dragon1761
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
My favorite is the 99lb guy built like a pencil who wears this massive, thick leather lifting belt so he looks like a pencil with a roll of tape around the middle. Then he just stands around for an hour talking to his dipshit buddies and never actually works out.
they are working their mouth. haha
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 01:24 PM   #121
dragon1761
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
The guys who scream and grunt real loud drive me crazy. One guy at my gym always talks to himself. He yells things like "come on, just do it" "come on, train".

He always has headphones on so he does it extra loud because he cant hear himself.

you should start talking to yourself when he is next to you. haha see what he says or does
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #122
nightkhan
Private Woodman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i, JB, Space Rocket

+1 to so many of these, but one of my biggest pet peeves is when you're using a bench/chair/etc, and you have your towel over it to show it's being used with weights next to it, and you leave for a few seconds to drink some water and when you come back, some idiot's moved all your shit and using the equipment. the usual response from them is "oh, didn't know you were using it...."

wtf dumbass?? who's shit did you move then??
Current: E92 328i, Sports Package, 335i wheels, Power Seats, BMW Assist/Bluetooth, IPod/USB, heated seats, //M Short Shifter
Future Mods: 19" CSL's, KW V2, 15mm spacer, tints
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 09:20 AM   #123
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightkhan View Post
+1 to so many of these, but one of my biggest pet peeves is when you're using a bench/chair/etc, and you have your towel over it to show it's being used with weights next to it, and you leave for a few seconds to drink some water and when you come back, some idiot's moved all your shit and using the equipment. the usual response from them is "oh, didn't know you were using it...."

wtf dumbass?? who's shit did you move then??
Then they turn it around, "well you're welcome to work in with me."

I don't mind people jumping rope, but when there's a huge class room with no one in it jump rope in there. Not in space where others do stationary lunges, crunches, tri/bi workouts. Especially when you're trying to be fancy and spinning the rope to your sides.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 01:21 PM   #124
SIEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: Quickly

I went to the gym today. Usually I go with a friend who's, well, weak as hell but he's getting much better.

Typically I was alone today. There was this girl there doing bench presses, not a muscley chick, just very fit. And she was benching more than my friend can. I can't wait to tell him.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 10:22 PM   #125
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

I miss my gym back in NY. A NYSC. It was generally not so filled with fail. After moving to AZ and joining LA Fitness, this place is so full of fail, it should implode on it self, with all the members inside.

Everybody uses machines. For everything. With 6 plates on each side. Never puts them back after doing 3 1/8 reps.

There is only one set of everything below 40lbs. Two for everything above. Anything below 40lbs is scattered all over the gym. Drives me nuts.

At 6pm, during peak hours, you MAY NOT cover a bench press, regular flat bench, and curling seat in your shit and make your way from one to the other for 45 minutes. If you do, dont get pissy when people take your weight off because you havent used it for 20 minutes.

Shit. I really hate my gym out here. I think its time to switch it up.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2010, 12:12 AM   #126
335R1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

I go to a NYSC and there is nothing short of annoying me there.

I can't stand people who just want to talk to me while I'm doing my workout. I swear some of these people go there because they dont have much of a social life or friends. Then there are the assholes who leave plates and weights laying around. I don't mind the girls who go there looking good, but some of them go over the edge. I had a girl I was messing with tell me how some of them go into the ladies room to put on make up before and during their workout.

I'm kind of bothered by this father and son duo who are always there. The kid is like 14 and the father is a stocky dude. But they're both about 5'5. Kid definitely doesn't look like he's hit puberty, but his father is there pushing him to lift. Trying to make a body builder out of him, but it's obvious the kid's physique is stunted or all fucked up. He can hardly walk straight.

Then just last week I watched these 2 juice heads jump rope near all the treadmills and eliptyical machines all while the gym was packed. It's obvious these dudes use roids, but they just had no consideration for those around them. Same day, as I'm doing some ab exercise before starting my cardio, I had to wait around for an open treadmill. I literally had to go do other exercises because douchebags want to walk for 4 miles on a treadmill. WALK! Not set on 4 or 5, but set on 3 at the most.

First things I get when I buy my first house is a bowflex, treadmill and elyptical.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #127
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

I feel you dude. I loved my NYSC at home. It was mostly an iron gym and most people there were serious about working out. They had more free weights then anything and a nice stretching room and ab area.

This new place has one mat in the middle of the gym for abs, stretching, and everything else. No ropes, no balls, no stretching rack. Shit, the fcken benches are BOLTED to the ground!

When I first went to sign up I should have known it wasn't going to work out. I asked if I could get a guest pass to see if I liked working out there and the guy said "why would you need that, a gym is a gym, you like the equipment or you dont". F that. A gym is so much more than just what they've filled it with. Sure, crappy equipment sucks (and mine has no shortage of redundant crap), but I cant stand the people either. The ruin the atmosphere and rather than sitting there focusing I'm sitting there thinking "wtf is wrong with these people?".

I hear theres a nicer one of I head 10 blocks further. I'll have to look into it.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 12:13 PM   #128
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335R1 View Post
I go to a NYSC and there is nothing short of annoying me there.

I can't stand people who just want to talk to me while I'm doing my workout. I swear some of these people go there because they dont have much of a social life or friends. Then there are the assholes who leave plates and weights laying around. I don't mind the girls who go there looking good, but some of them go over the edge. I had a girl I was messing with tell me how some of them go into the ladies room to put on make up before and during their workout.

I'm kind of bothered by this father and son duo who are always there. The kid is like 14 and the father is a stocky dude. But they're both about 5'5. Kid definitely doesn't look like he's hit puberty, but his father is there pushing him to lift. Trying to make a body builder out of him, but it's obvious the kid's physique is stunted or all fucked up. He can hardly walk straight.

Then just last week I watched these 2 juice heads jump rope near all the treadmills and eliptyical machines all while the gym was packed. It's obvious these dudes use roids, but they just had no consideration for those around them. Same day, as I'm doing some ab exercise before starting my cardio, I had to wait around for an open treadmill. I literally had to go do other exercises because douchebags want to walk for 4 miles on a treadmill. WALK! Not set on 4 or 5, but set on 3 at the most.

First things I get when I buy my first house is a bowflex, treadmill and elyptical.
Man, I can't tell you how irritated i get at people leaving weights on the benches/machines. I don't mind if it's a plate on each side, because I usually need them both.

BUT I hate when assholes use every single 45lb plate and then leave. It sucks even worse for the girls who want to use those machines. I really wish the employees would pay more attention to it.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #129
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Shit, I went so long without the naked dudes walking around the locker room and now it's every f**king day!

One dude walked in to the bathroom just to take a leak butt naked, and no fucking shoes on. I wash my hands turn around and this guy (didn't wash his hands for one) is standing there posing in the mirror butt-ass naked and to the right another dude just standing their watching tv naked. WTF!!!! Put a towel on or at least your underwear.

It really amazes me the guys walking around without any form of shoes/flip-flops in the locker room.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #130
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

Quote:
Shit, I went so long without the naked dudes walking around the locker room and now it's every f**king day!

One dude walked in to the bathroom just to take a leak butt naked, and no fucking shoes on. I wash my hands turn around and this guy (didn't wash his hands for one) is standing there posing in the mirror butt-ass naked and to the right another dude just standing their watching tv naked. WTF!!!! Put a towel on or at least your underwear.

It really amazes me the guys walking around without any form of shoes/flip-flops in the locker room.

Yesterday, I was gathering my things out of my locker, and when I turned around a man who was about 60 years old or so was standing like 3ft away from me, completely naked. Apparently his locker is next to mine
      03-05-2010, 01:11 PM   #131
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

Quote:
That's gross. I don't even like having to stand on that floor in my socks when changing shoes. Seeing as our water fountain has been broken for 7 weeks, I sure as hell know nobody has scrubbed the floors in that place since 2007. I can only imagine the bacteria from those old guys walking around barefoot.
      03-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #132
Couch
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
For fucks sake!!!!

There was no bench space in the locker room yesterday (unless i wanted to change by the swimmmers and get soaked). There was however adequate space by a fucking naked guy. I expected him to put pants on, but nope. Instead he stands there, makes his fucking protein shake, digs through his bag then his phone rings and stands there yapping.

WTF is wrong with people? Can I go one day without this crap!
Appreciate 0