E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Kimberly Koch - Brecht (Escondido)

07-10-2005, 05:27 PM   #1
dacoach
Rep
Drives: e90 330i 8/1/05 ED

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Thumbs down Kimberly Koch - Brecht (Escondido)

Rude, when it came down to scheduling a test drive, and she couldn't be there. Ended up hanging up on me, after she said, "so you are telling me screw you!" Talked to manager and they were great. Jeff Gehrkin, Joe Kelly, and Craig Donovan was my CA. I guess Kimberly does alot of sales but has people skill problems. Not worth the stress of dealing with a ticking time bomb!

Last edited by dacoach; 10-31-2005 at 01:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2006, 07:26 PM   #2
wistarf
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupé

THUMBS DOWN! I totally agree

After one test drive, Kimberly Koch at Brecth pushed me hard to make a buying decision, but I said I'd have to talk to my wife and think about it. Then when she called me afterwards I told her that I wasn't ready to buy yet, but certainly by the end of the year.

Then she very rudely blamed me for wasting her time and finished the exhibition by exploding in tears, spewing all sorts of drivel about how she just started working there and life was so hard as a salesperson, blah blah blah. I was flabbergasted by her rude histrionics. Quite an unproffessional display.

Needless to say, I have indeed ordered my new car but not through her!

[update 11/15/06] Kimberly called me again to follow-up. I told her I already ordered elsewhere because her dealership would not come close to the price offered elsewhere, whereupon she launched into another little tirade "well that's what you get for involving another sales person, you obviously don't give a s$it about me..." again I was flabbergasted - though not surprised anymore - by her extreme rudeness. Usually you hear about employees having to put up with rude and irate customers, but in this case it's the other way 'round! Unbelieveable.

Last edited by wistarf; 12-12-2006 at 11:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2006, 12:30 AM   #3
///Matt
United States Marine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
wow, what a bitch
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2006, 10:05 PM   #4
dacoach
Rep
Drives: e90 330i 8/1/05 ED

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wistarf
After one test drive, Kimberly Koch at Brecth pushed me hard to make a buying decision, but I said I'd have to talk to my wife and think about it. Then when she called me afterwards I told her that I wasn't ready to buy yet, but certainly by the end of the year.

Then she very rudely blamed me for wasting her time and finished the exhibition by exploding in tears, spewing all sorts of drivel about how she just started working there and life was so hard as a salesperson, blah blah blah. I was flabbergasted by her rude histrionics. Quite an unproffessional display.

Needless to say, I have indeed ordered my new car but not through her!
Wow, I'm shocked that she sells so many cars with her personality. Why is it SA's think that taking someone on a test drive somehow obligates them to the sale. And if you don't go with them, you are a jerk who doesn't care about their time. Isn't that part of their job?

I mean they call it a test drive, not buying drive.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2006, 10:39 PM   #5
jamb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Driving u crazy

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Matt
wow, what a bitch
+1
      10-26-2006, 10:58 PM   #6
vu
vucorp & sons
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 325i

dude that sucks. although i didnt buy my 325i at Brecht (order at SD BMW). i take my car for service there. for my last service 30k.. i walked to the dealership from the servccie dept to kill time while my car was in the shop.

i was snooping around looking at the e92's and John Walker came out greeted me and we were talking shop bout cars.. the e92.

asked if i was looking, told him my car is in service .. so he was totally cool with that.. he even offered to drive me back to the service dept when the Service gal said my car was ready. so he took me for a spin in the 335i e92 and hauled ass getting to the service center the long way..

i thought that was really good service from Brecht.. cool guy.. sorry to hear that chick got all crazy with you. chicks are just shitty.. lol
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2006, 11:33 AM   #7
crqflier
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 335i, '95 M3 (gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vu
i was snooping around looking at the e92's and John Walker came out greeted me and we were talking shop bout cars.. the e92.
Off topic of this thread, but John's a good guy - true BMW enthusiast - almost bought my 335 from him but he couldn't even come close to touching the price at SDBMW (well over a grand less).
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2006, 06:17 PM   #8
wistarf
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupé

John is a good guy - laid back and relaxed - but if you're at Brecht, I highly recommend Jarod Loux. He's a younger guy, not as experienced in sales as John, but that's a good thing in my opinion.

Jarod certainly knows and appreciates more about these cars than any CA I've talked to. Unfortunately in the end, Brecht couldn't touch the offer I got elsewhere, plus they were out of October allocation slots. If they had been within even a couple hundred bucks and had slightly better availability, I would have been happy to give them my business.

Anyway, I appreciated Jarod's help so much that I've actually thought of slipping him a nice "tip" to help compensate him for his time, though I worry that might get him in trouble.

Last edited by wistarf; 12-12-2006 at 11:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2006, 05:13 PM   #9
Louie A
Dishonorably Discharged
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoach
Rude, when it came down to scheduling a test drive, and she couldn't be there. Ended up hanging up on me, after she said, "so you are telling me screw you!" Talked to manager and they were great. Jeff Gehrkin, Joe Kelly, and Craig Donovan was my CA. I guess Kimberly does alot of sales but has people skill problems. Not worth the stress of dealing with a ticking time bomb!
I purchased from Brecht BMW and although I had a pleasent experience, I did see Kimberly at work. Totally agree... very rude and obnoxious.

I also had the unfortunate experience of talking with her over the phone while my SA was off. Totally useless and unwilling to help.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 11:08 PM   #10
shyestsparks
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan, 02 Altima VQ35DE-T

Wow, we must have met a different Kimberly Koch; we leased my wife's X3 from Brectht BMW and my SA was Kimberly, very pleasant lady to work with (with us at least); We were actually a little late for our test drive appt. but she was there waiting for us. In fact she was the main reason that we went with Brecht BMW for my 335i (although she wasn't working there any more when we came the second time around- they said she "retired").
Appreciate 0