E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Fields BMW Orlando

07-09-2006, 11:41 AM   #23
tracfour
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550. 2015 x328d

Garage List
Fields BMW Orlando

I had the same problem with them, when I walked in no one say anything to me. so I left and went and purchased my 325xi at Westmount BMW I had a great sales person. The GM Pat was great and the have a great service department
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2006, 12:38 AM   #24
sobriquet
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Soon: E92 335i

Had contact with Fields BMW in Orlando, FL today. Besides being totally unwilling to move off of MSRP, the SA was condesending. I'll be looking for a different dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2006, 08:40 PM   #25
Schafer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Jet Blk 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Fields now owns Lakeland, Orlando, and Daytona. I tried to buy a 06 330i from them in Sept 06 and only would discount $500. I went to Bert Smith in St. Pete because of price and motorsport department. Fields doesnt want anything to do with aftermarket parts. They do have a great new facility but I havent received a good to great experience on my services.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2006, 09:46 PM   #26
cal99_99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i coupe

Before I ordered the 328 coupe, every time I emailed the salesman he replied me. But after I place the deposit, I emailed him 3 times about diff questions, and he never emailed me back. Bad experience from orlando fields.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2006, 04:00 AM   #27
rep
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46 330CiC

Service And Sales Are Apparently Unrelated

Just my 2 cents, but I recently moved to Tampa from New York with an out-of-warranty 330CiC, so I had to find a new service place. For me, it turned out that Fields in Lakeland had better prices for service than anywhere in the Tampa Bay area (I tried Reeves, Ferman and Smith), and the service guys at Fields seem to be bending over backwards to be helpful. At one point they were out of loaner cars and were willing to rent a car from Enterprise at their expense and give it to me as a loaner (turned out not to be necessary, they fixed the problem on the spot). Another time they spent time diagnosing a problem that turned out to be trivial - no charge. Their waiting room has Haagen Dasz ice cream, soft drinks, donuts, popcorn, magazines and a computer with an enormously fast broadband connection, which eases the boredom of waiting when you want to stick around for your car.

I've never been to the Orlando branch, and never tried to buy a car or any accessories from Fields, although another customer told me what they had charged her for a new set of tires, which was WAY over the Costco or TireRack price. But even if Fields stinks in its sales prices, there's nothing that says you can't go to any service department you want - you don't have to stick with the dealer who sold you the car. In my case, the selling dealer was in New Jersey, so I couldn't even if I wanted to.

Anyhow, you can register one vote for Fields (Lakeland) service department. This is not some paid advertisment - I'm not connected to them in any way whatsoever.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2006, 03:58 PM   #28
sobriquet
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Soon: E92 335i

And yet that's your first post? Sketchy.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2007, 08:24 PM   #29
meegle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 335i M-sport

We will be ordering a 335i sedan from fields this week. Already test driven the vehicle and loved it!
We never talked about discounts but how much off MSRP if any would anyone here think is reasonable?
We realize that it's a brand new model and in high demand so not really sure what to expect.

We had purchased a new Sl550 back in June 06 (MBSO) and got $3000 off MSRP which at the time was great because no one else even offered any discounts.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2007, 08:36 PM   #30
La Verdad
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

My ex use to take her bmw to fields and i swear to god i had to hear about it every single time. absolute morons and worst service are things i remember from her rants. she even got to the point where she wrote a seven page letter documenting all the times they messed up with her service etc. i am glad to see that other people have had the same experience from fields. she wasn't as crazy as i thought...
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2007, 08:41 PM   #31
meegle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 335i M-sport

Have never observed any issues while visiting Fields and the sales rep has always been very helpful.
Sorry to hear about the issues
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 11:44 AM   #32
Mace
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_330i View Post
Prejudice people best to avoid.

i went with my dad to see the new 330i, and we parked out 750i behind a X5 so the people in the showroom didnt see what car we came in.

we come in, and no one helps, even asked a woman sitting doing nothing to help, and nope.

so when we leave they see what car we are driving, they sent that woman, and she tells us that she is very sorry, and was "busy" she keeps asking us not to leave. left with a bad taste in my mouth.
OK, I'm not following this. I can understand someone feeling they were not properly attended to but how/why do you make this major jump from inattention to "prejudice?" That's a pretty inflamatory term to just throw around and far worse than just complaining that you received inadequate attention. According to you, you "parked our 750i behind a X5 so the people in the showroom didn't see what car we came in". And why would you attempt to hide the type of car you drove? Could it be that you might have been looking for a specific response and when you didn't get the red carpet treatment you had your own prejudices confirmed?

As far as I'm concerned, I'd just as soon spend time by myself to look things over BEFORE I'm accosted by the salesmen and, yes, at times I've actually had to track a salesman down. My only thoughts is they aren't too observant but then that's just me.
Appreciate 0