E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dad's feedback on my 335i

07-19-2018, 12:06 PM   #1
blau iii
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i schwartz on scwartz

Dad's feedback on my 335i

So last week I traded cars with my dad for the night so I could get a head start on the detail and wash/clay/decon his car as we were planning to do a full correction/polish on his car the following day that he was going to help me with. I left my FBO 335i with him. His current car is a 2008 Cadillac CTS

When he pulled into my driveway, I've never seen him this white. Not only did he almost spin out, pulling from his neighborhood to the main road - when the car got to temp and the JB4 turned on, he couldn't shift to 2nd fast enough.

This cracked me up, seeing my dad humbled by my car. He was also worried because my car was making a weird noise every time he pushed the clutch down, "like there was a compressor going off in the engine bay".

I guess his hopes of buying an LT1/Z06 are fading quickly.. He's had performance cars in the past but he was clearing shocked at the speed of this car. I guess I don't notice it as much since it's my DD.
Appreciate 1
feuer4274.50
      07-19-2018, 05:03 PM   #2
TemjinX2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e92

newer performance cars are scary fast. The C7 Z06 is almost unstreetable with the amount of power its putting down. These cars way above the limits of a regular driver.

its the golden age of cheap easy horse power, but driving skills have not improved along with the hp increases.
Appreciate 2
      07-20-2018, 08:36 AM   #3
Faredo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Its a good feeling to have your old man approve.
Mine is no stranger to small modified cars. Hes had Sti, Golf R, 335d to name a few. all "lightly" modified in their form of a stage one type build. He doesn't believe in taking a car too far past modestly built. Last month he drove mine for the first time as my designated driver. I was sober enough to remember him punching it then turning to me with eyes wide as saucers and giving me the thumbs up. Thats huge kudos coming from him.
Mods related to trouble shooting posts: Stock Turbos, MHD OTS V7 stage 2+ 93 oct, VRSF Downpipes, VRSF Relocated inlets, CTS Turbo 7" Intercooler, Tial BOV with upgraded line 5.56mm, index 12 injectors, A/T OEM Flash.
Appreciate 1
blau iii127.50
      07-23-2018, 09:02 AM   #4
blau iii
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faredo View Post
Its a good feeling to have your old man approve.
Mine is no stranger to small modified cars. Hes had Sti, Golf R, 335d to name a few. all "lightly" modified in their form of a stage one type build. He doesn't believe in taking a car too far past modestly built. Last month he drove mine for the first time as my designated driver. I was sober enough to remember him punching it then turning to me with eyes wide as saucers and giving me the thumbs up. Thats huge kudos coming from him.
yea, thats a good point. he's a man of few words. cracked me up though, "i've driven vettes and vipers, this thing is faster than those". That being said, he was 10-20 years younger when he drove those faster cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 02:48 PM   #5
tofu?
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by blau iii View Post

When he pulled into my driveway, I've never seen him this white. Not only did he almost spin out, pulling from his neighborhood to the main road - when the car got to temp and the JB4 turned on, he couldn't shift to 2nd fast enough.
I'd argue that's more due to ridiculous throttle mapping than a fast car 😙
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 02:51 PM   #6
blau iii
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu? View Post
I'd argue that's more due to ridiculous throttle mapping than a fast car 😙
lol fair point but i have the MHD BEF so it's smooth like butter.
Appreciate 0