E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > anyone really know there S**t in colorado springs

01-04-2016, 07:16 PM   #1
cwarren
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 e92

anyone really know there S**t in colorado springs

I'm looking for someone local that really knows these cars ie:tuning / mechanical ect. I have a friend who has just moved here and is having some trouble, he is FBO hexon 600 turbos with port injection full e85 . He has limited knowledge on the tuning / mechanical side and was wondering if anyone local would be willing to meet up with him to do some minor data logging / trouble shooting in conjunction with me ( I'm in Oregon ) .
please PM me if your willing to help out a few fellow enthusiast

thanks in advance !
      01-05-2016, 09:01 PM   #2
colo_evo
Rep
Drives: bmx

If he's willing to drive to Denver I could probably get him sorted out. I've got a good handle on the mechanical and tuning aspects of these cars.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 12:55 PM   #3
Viorage
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo_evo View Post
If he's willing to drive to Denver I could probably get him sorted out. I've got a good handle on the mechanical and tuning aspects of these cars.

Thanks Carl BTW!

Im the owner of the car and if I am able to I will drive it to Denver. Right now the car as of this morning will not even start. Something must be draining the battery because I had it started yesterday.

Im just not sure the car will make it that far. Misfires in Cylindar 2 keep happening just at idle. Now I have the airbag deploy warning light, whatever that means. It looked like somebody bashed the front end in transport. I just dont know what to do.

Anyway yes I anybody can help I would really appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 01:19 PM   #4
Viorage
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Im worse with computers than I am with cars but I will try to get some pictures up of all the codes im throwing.

these are the two that are always popping

2F9E Thermic Oil level sensor
29CE misfire cylinder 2
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 09:39 PM   #5
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viorage
Im worse with computers than I am with cars but I will try to get some pictures up of all the codes im throwing.

these are the two that are always popping

2F9E Thermic Oil level sensor
29CE misfire cylinder 2
What's been done to address the misfire issue so far? I'm local and very familiar with these cars, but not so much on the tuning aspect. Let me know if you need a hand
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 10:43 PM   #6
colo_evo
Rep

Sounds like a mechanical/hardware issue if it's happening at idle.

Can you give us some more history on the car? I'd disable the port injection and get the car to run on the stock tune until you get the bugs worked out. Obviously don't boost until you can get a handle on everything.

Are you able to pull the plugs? If so, grab a photo of all 6, especially cyl 2. If all look okay put the coil/plug from cyl 2 into a different hole and see I'd the misfire follows the plug/coil.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 11:58 PM   #7
cwarren
Captain
Rep

Long story short , He brought me a stock car for the most part .
I installed turbos , tft intakes , fmic, stage 3 fuel pump and return lines and port injection minus the wiring in the dme for the aic controller (this was pre installed when i got the car )Car has max boost and MHD installed . Car ran great for about 1/2 hour then the dme blew a mosfit this was repaired then blew same one again ,repaired and installed new injector and coil in cyl 1 . Now he has to move from Washington to Colorado before we could get the bugs fixed and is having major troubles with misfires cyl 2 so i have a spare injector I'm sending out to address this issue (hopefully) . What really needs to be done is port injection disconnected throw in a e50 map and get the thing running properly then re introduce the port injection and full e85 .
Jarred is a great guy and i feel terrible that we did not have the time to work this out so i threw this up here to see if there was someone or some guys that might be able to help him out or just lead him in the right direction . All he see's is there are a lot of codes being thrown up and not sure how to fix it . # 1 need to get off the full e85 and see if the starting issue persist
# 2 replace cyl 2 injector / plug / coil if necessary
# 3 pull port injection
# 4 install a stage 2 tune with or without e 85 his choice and see how she runs and go from there .
# 4 from info i got 2 nights ago might need a new battery and coded .
You guys are awesome ! if there is anything i can do from here please don't hesitate ,
      01-07-2016, 09:42 AM   #8
Viorage
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The car barely has 30k miles on it btw. I'll post more info and send some pms out when I get some time
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 06:42 PM   #9
Evil///M
Professional Hitman
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+ | Colorado Z71

Garage List
Myself or Milehigh could help him out we both live in the springs and are very knowledgeable on these cars.

Is he using Cobb for tuning?

Milehigh would have to do the coding for him if he needs a battery.
      01-07-2016, 07:13 PM   #10
Viorage
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Mile high and evil...
I'm going to PM you tomorrow to see what we can work out. I've been unpacking all day since I just got into my house yesterday. I'm searching for my tools but it will probably be the last box I check. I live on the military base, ft. Carson.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 08:56 PM   #11
colo_evo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viorage View Post
Mile high and evil...
I'm going to PM you tomorrow to see what we can work out. I've been unpacking all day since I just got into my house yesterday. I'm searching for my tools but it will probably be the last box I check. I live on the military base, ft. Carson.
Good call. I wouldn't chance the drive up to Denver if the car isn't healthy. Let me know if you guys get stuck... Also, I've got MHD/tunerpro if you're not using Cobb.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2016, 09:39 AM   #12
cwarren
Captain
Rep

I sent him off a index 10 injector for a replacement in cyl 2 yesterday just in case it's the root of his misfires . He is i8aos MHD tuned think its targeting 24 /25 psi if I remember correctly .
Once agian thanks a million for helping him out !!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2016, 02:46 PM   #13
Viorage
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I won't be digging into the car today due to the snow, more errands and more unpacking. Have yet to find my tools! I hope the movers didn't take them.

I'll keep everybody posted and thank you guys.

Also if anybody knows someone who needs some bolt ons. I'm going to be selling my ETS 5" fmic, ets CP w/Tial BOV, ets intake.

And if anybody knows how to get rid of a stock exhaust let me know, my entire 2 car garage had to fit into a 8x10 room. I need to make some room
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2016, 10:23 PM   #14
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viorage
I won't be digging into the car today due to the snow, more errands and more unpacking. Have yet to find my tools! I hope the movers didn't take them.

I'll keep everybody posted and thank you guys.

Also if anybody knows someone who needs some bolt ons. I'm going to be selling my ETS 5" fmic, ets CP w/Tial BOV, ets intake.

And if anybody knows how to get rid of a stock exhaust let me know, my entire 2 car garage had to fit into a 8x10 room. I need to make some room
Let me know what you're asking for the intercooler and charge pipe, I may know some guys in the market. Also let me know if you need a hand swapping parts between cylinders. Tools and parts are not a problem for me. Also full or large blends of E85 are not well suited for cold weather climates. You would be wise to consider reducing the ratio to 91 octane to improve startability and cold engine running characteristics.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 11:04 AM   #15
colo_evo
Rep

Post up prices on the used parts. Maybe you could exchange some of the partsfor labor with the generous people that have offered to help you out

Also, once you've got the car mechanically sorted I've got a pretty good e60map developed that starts great at or below freezing temps. Been running it since November when the temps started giving me starting problems on full e85.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 02:28 PM   #16
Evil///M
Professional Hitman
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Mile high and evil...
No Problem. If you get a chance, you should stop by the Auto Craft center and get a shop card so you can bring your car there.
Also I'm free all weekend.
      01-09-2016, 02:33 PM   #17
Evil///M
Professional Hitman
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwarren View Post
I sent him off a index 10 injector for a replacement in cyl 2 yesterday just in case it's the root of his misfires . He is i8aos MHD tuned think its targeting 24 /25 psi if I remember correctly .
Once agian thanks a million for helping him out !!!!
Wanted to ask, did you set up his port injection? Which kit did you use, and how do you integrate it with the flash tune? I want to know because I'm trying to learn how to do it with my Cobb.
      01-10-2016, 12:56 PM   #18
Viorage
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thank you guys I'll post prices of my parts when I locate them. My wife is military so you aren't allowed to pack anything! I found my tools though.

Carl I got the package thank you.

Are any of you guys willing to come to fort Carson to help if I don't get it running. I do have a little money but no job yet
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #19
Evil///M
Professional Hitman
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Are any of you guys willing to come to fort Carson to help if I don't get it running. I do have a little money but no job yet
Yeah I can. I work there.
      01-10-2016, 03:15 PM   #20
Viorage
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil///M View Post
Yeah I can. I work there.
What do you do for work? Hiring?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 03:16 PM   #21
Viorage
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Going to pull my plug now, switch coils to see if it's the injector. I'll get the fault codes as well and hopefully figure out how to post them here
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 06:08 PM   #22
Viorage
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Okay I got it running it was definitely the plug. It looked really bad. It's running really rich but feels strong.

Current issues is the fault code 2F9E thermic oil level sensor. The battery is shot as well,I drove it for about an hou, turned it off tried to immediately restart it and it wouldn't turn over.

My laptop died so I couldn't check the codes but I'll charge it and see what is going on
Appreciate 0