E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > 2011 Stock HiFi or HK system?

11-24-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
MJR63
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i X-Drive Sedan

Garage List
2011 Stock HiFi or HK system?

I'm in the process of ordering my 2011 335i x-drive and want to know which system I should pick. Since October BMW is now using their old HiFi system again as the stock system. Should I stay with the stock HiFi system or upgrade to the HK Sound System? By the way....I already purchased the BSW stage 1 kit to upgrade the base sound system. The BSW stage 1 kit comes with 4 tweeters and 4 midrange upgraded speakers and seems very well made. I had this from another car and never installed it. Should I spend the additional $875 (I can probably get it a little less) for the HK system and use the BSW stage 1 kit to upgrade that setup (and purchase a new center channel) or just stay with the stock HiFi system and use the BSW stage 1 kit to upgrade that one?

Please advise,

Mark
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJR63 View Post
I'm in the process of ordering my 2011 335i x-drive and want to know which system I should pick. Since October BMW is now using their old HiFi system again as the stock system. Should I stay with the stock HiFi system or upgrade to the HK Sound System? By the way....I already purchased the BSW stage 1 kit to upgrade the base sound system. The BSW stage 1 kit comes with 4 tweeters and 4 midrange upgraded speakers and seems very well made. I had this from another car and never installed it. Should I spend the additional $875 (I can probably get it a little less) for the HK system and use the BSW stage 1 kit to upgrade that setup (and purchase a new center channel) or just stay with the stock HiFi system and use the BSW stage 1 kit to upgrade that one?

Please advise,

Mark
Because you already have plans to upgrade then get the HiFi, a MS-8, 2-channel amp, and a center speaker. That should be some $200 over the HK price.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 12:01 AM   #3
MJR63
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i X-Drive Sedan

Garage List
How difficult is it to install the MS-8 and 2 channel amp and the center speaker? I heard you have a harness for the MS-8. Where does it get it's power from? How hard is it to run wires to the center speaker? I've seem a number of MS-8 install instructions but none were very clear to me....
Appreciate 0