E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Tune2Air issues

02-26-2015, 12:42 PM   #1
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i 6MT

Tune2Air issues

So it was working perfectly.

All of a sudden, I stopped getting the "advanced" Bluetooth features. Phone still links up automatically and streams, but that's it. Mute no longer pauses the phone, FWD/RWD don't work and track info doesn't show on the iDrive.

Phone: iPhone 6 Plus

Troubleshooting:
1. Tested phone on my wife's Amazon Echo. The Echo was able to pause, FWD and RWD so other devices can control my phone

2. Deleted my Bluetooth connection and setup again (tried multiple times). No dice.

3. Deleted everything in Cydia that could have anything to do with Bluetooth

4. Tried my work phone (iPhone 6 on 8.1.3), Tune2Air works perfectly with it.

5. The factory Bluetooth works fine for the phone call side of things, address book shows right up, etc - my 6 Plus works perfectly with the factory Bluetooth and has since I got the car.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 06:36 AM   #2
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep

Further Troubleshooting:
- Did a "Reset Network Settings" This resulted in me losing all of my wifi settings, so now I have to input passwords for all the different wireless routers I've connected to and redo my VPN logins. Didn't fix the Bluetooth issue

- Did a "Reset All Settings." Followed this up with deleting all Bluetooth devices (they were all showing as MAC addresses following this reset). This resulted in me having to setup Apple Pay, Touch ID, backgrounds and a pile of other things. Of course it didn't fix my Bluetooth.

I am sure someone is thinking "just factory reset your phone." Can't do that, as a few versions ago, Apple stopped allowing you to factory reset iOS without upgrading to the newest version of iOS. iOS 8.1.3 can't be jailbroken, so I would loose my jailbreak. Apple pretty much stops signing previous versions of iOS hours after they release the newest version. This sucks for all users, as it forces them to take the latest iOS, even if it is a device that probably shouldn't be running it.

Any other ideas? I am using the WMA3000B unit.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 10:22 PM   #3
Sabor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09' e93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousbird View Post
Further Troubleshooting:
- Did a "Reset Network Settings" This resulted in me losing all of my wifi settings, so now I have to input passwords for all the different wireless routers I've connected to and redo my VPN logins. Didn't fix the Bluetooth issue

- Did a "Reset All Settings." Followed this up with deleting all Bluetooth devices (they were all showing as MAC addresses following this reset). This resulted in me having to setup Apple Pay, Touch ID, backgrounds and a pile of other things. Of course it didn't fix my Bluetooth.

I am sure someone is thinking "just factory reset your phone." Can't do that, as a few versions ago, Apple stopped allowing you to factory reset iOS without upgrading to the newest version of iOS. iOS 8.1.3 can't be jailbroken, so I would loose my jailbreak. Apple pretty much stops signing previous versions of iOS hours after they release the newest version. This sucks for all users, as it forces them to take the latest iOS, even if it is a device that probably shouldn't be running it.

Any other ideas? I am using the WMA3000B unit.
Call ViseeO and get a warranty claim on it.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 01:16 AM   #4
Sample
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i/G05 X5 xDrive40i

Reboot and hold the volume key. That will boot without tweaks. Maybe it's activator. You can use an app called icleaner pro to disable all tweaks aand enable them one by one to troubleshoot. Or you can sort by install date and uninstall tweaks that were installed around the time it stopped working.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 04:31 PM   #5
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sample View Post
Reboot and hold the volume key. That will boot without tweaks. Maybe it's activator. You can use an app called icleaner pro to disable all tweaks aand enable them one by one to troubleshoot. Or you can sort by install date and uninstall tweaks that were installed around the time it stopped working.
Rebooted in safe mode - same issue.

Going to submit a warranty claim and see how that goes.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 05:22 AM   #6
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep

ViseeO has zero customer support. Submitted to be contacted via their web form and haven't heard from them in almost 2 weeks. The only number to call is some international number and I'm not playing that game.

That said, I ended up trying another unit and had the same issue, so it's something with my phone. Guess I will live with it until the next Jailbreak is released.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 11:07 AM   #7
NightStalker
Rep
Drives: Audi

Pair it with a non jail broken iPhone.. Then see if issue persists
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 04:36 AM   #8
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVS 8 View Post
Pair it with a non jail broken iPhone.. Then see if issue persists
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousbird View Post
4. Tried my work phone (iPhone 6 on 8.1.3), Tune2Air works perfectly with it.
Not a jailbreak issue though, as it originally worked with my 6 Plus. Obviously something corrupted on my 6 Plus.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 07:10 PM   #9
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep

Update:

I finally got an e-mail back then a response to a follow up (as their site doesn't allow you to enter in your issue). They are slow to respond, half read your e-mail and I have been waiting for days for their next useless response. Basically, don't expect after sales support for this item.

I also used Semi-Restore to restore my phone (again, can't do normal restore through iTunes as I would lose my jailbreak since there isn't a JB for 8.2 yet). Guess what - still has the same problem, lol.

I might try to semi-restore it again and setup as a new iPhone just to see if it is something backed up through iTunes that is jacking up the Bluetooth.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 04:37 PM   #10
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep

Update Again:

- Semi-Restore did no good. Fixed a different issue (overuse of storage ******* but not this problem
- Ended up trying another Semi-Restore hoping it would fix an issue with the new SiriusXM app (which I eventually discovered is an issue with the new app). That screwed up some other things, resulting in the need for a full restore = goodbye jailbreak.

I setup the phone as a new phone and did not sync to my iTunes backup, just to ensure the phone was in as-new of a condition as possible. Didn't install a single app and same problem.

I also decided to try my wife's 6 Plus. It is having the same issue as mine. Tomorrow I'm going to try a coworker's 6 Plus and a couple of our other company standard 6's to see if there is a trend.

Last edited by Nitrousbird; 03-31-2015 at 06:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 07:00 PM   #11
CenCal X3M Comp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3M Comp

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
I have an iPhone 6+ (64GB) that has been working perfectly. Do you happen to have the 128GB version? I've helped some people who had issues with teir 6+ with 128 GB. In their case the issue was with the phone in which Apple replaced it no questions asked.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 07:53 PM   #12
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep

16GB for my phone and my wife's.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 05:49 PM   #13
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep

Tried my coworker's 6 Plus and it worked perfectly (Verizon, just like my work phone). Then I started figuring maybe it was a AT&T issue. Couldn't find anyone at work with an AT&T 6/6 Plus. Did try an AT&T 4S, which also worked perfectly.

Walked into the Apple Store after work (first time ever); didn't realize you need to make an appointment. Wait was too long so I'll probably schedule one on my lunch break tomorrow. I'm sure they will give me the run around and I will have to explain my troubleshooting 5 time before they half get it.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 07:03 PM   #14
Sabor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09' e93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousbird
Tried my coworker's 6 Plus and it worked perfectly (Verizon, just like my work phone). Then I started figuring maybe it was a AT&T issue. Couldn't find anyone at work with an AT&T 6/6 Plus. Did try an AT&T 4S, which also worked perfectly.

Walked into the Apple Store after work (first time ever); didn't realize you need to make an appointment. Wait was too long so I'll probably schedule one on my lunch break tomorrow. I'm sure they will give me the run around and I will have to explain my troubleshooting 5 time before they half get it.
I got att ip6 n my shit works perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 04:48 AM   #15
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep

Update:

The Apple store replaced my phone. New phone, same issue. I even setup the phone as a new phone under a different Apple ID (the one I use for my work iPhone 6 that works fine). Still has the same issue.

I'm at a loss at this point. Can anyone confirm this works with an iPhone 6 Plus (not a regular, but a Plus) on a GSM phone and preferably an AT&T phone? I already proved it works fine with a 6 and 6 Plus CDMA phone.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 08:40 AM   #16
lectoid
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 201X BMW 328i - soon

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
I've had the WMA3000 for about two weeks. It worked great the first week and now it's having the same issues yours is. Streams audio, but all other functions stopped working.

I got mine off of amazon and have until 4/27 to return it for a full refund. I'm considering buying another one and shipping this defective unit back. I have a iPhone 5S. Nothing changed on my phone in that time.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 01:14 PM   #17
lectoid
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 201X BMW 328i - soon

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
So my friend brought his iphone 6 out and we paired it to the WMA3000B and it's working fine (shows song info, can skip songs, etc). I paired mine back up and it's not working. Neither of our phones was paired to the radio for phone calls.

So this tells me its something between my iPhone 5S and the WMA3000B
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 12:10 AM   #18
tmo24
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i e92

Quote:
Update:

The Apple store replaced my phone. New phone, same issue. I even setup the phone as a new phone under a different Apple ID (the one I use for my work iPhone 6 that works fine). Still has the same issue.

I'm at a loss at this point. Can anyone confirm this works with an iPhone 6 Plus (not a regular, but a Plus) on a GSM phone and preferably an AT&T phone? I already proved it works fine with a 6 and 6 Plus CDMA phone.
ATT 6 Plus jailbroken 8.1 and mine works great. It got a little weird by sometimes not allowing me to control it. I just disconnected power from the bluetooth and re-paired and started from scratch. It has been flawless ever since. I used the sirius XM app today with no problem. Pandora works great with all controls. The music app loads all playlists and allows me to fully control it. Try to reestablish the connection from scratch, even though I'm sure you did that already. Try in someone else's BMW to see if it works. And then maybe see if someone else has a bluetooth module to try in your car. Good luck.

2007 335i Jet Black e90 6MT - Eibachs, magnaflow exhaust, carbon hood, short shift kit, some other random stuff - being sold somewhere sometime soon probably

2010 335i AW e90 6 AT Msport - The GF took this one over... JB4, PE exhaust, Koni yellows/Eibachs, pink badges, fuzzy steering wheel cover ?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 05:57 AM   #19
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmo24 View Post
ATT 6 Plus jailbroken 8.1 and mine works great. It got a little weird by sometimes not allowing me to control it. I just disconnected power from the bluetooth and re-paired and started from scratch. It has been flawless ever since. I used the sirius XM app today with no problem. Pandora works great with all controls. The music app loads all playlists and allows me to fully control it. Try to reestablish the connection from scratch, even though I'm sure you did that already. Try in someone else's BMW to see if it works. And then maybe see if someone else has a bluetooth module to try in your car. Good luck.
I already tried another Tune2Air unit with the same result. That and my standard iPhone 6 and a coworkers 6 Plus both work fine in it. I need to find someone with a 6 Plus on AT&T to test it.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 10:04 AM   #20
tmo24
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I already tried another Tune2Air unit with the same result. That and my standard iPhone 6 and a coworkers 6 Plus both work fine in it. I need to find someone with a 6 Plus on AT&T to test it.
Hmm. So it shows and streams but no advanced options? Silly but did you try another cable in case there is a short? Also, do you have shuffle on in your music app? I had it turned on once and it screwed everything up. Worked fine after I turned it off. Last thing I can think of at the moment is to update firmware on their website.

2007 335i Jet Black e90 6MT - Eibachs, magnaflow exhaust, carbon hood, short shift kit, some other random stuff - being sold somewhere sometime soon probably

2010 335i AW e90 6 AT Msport - The GF took this one over... JB4, PE exhaust, Koni yellows/Eibachs, pink badges, fuzzy steering wheel cover ?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 10:24 AM   #21
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Hmm. So it shows and streams but no advanced options? Silly but did you try another cable in case there is a short? Also, do you have shuffle on in your music app? I had it turned on once and it screwed everything up. Worked fine after I turned it off. Last thing I can think of at the moment is to update firmware on their website.
This is a WMA300B - you can't change the cable as it is built into the unit and there is no firmware available for this unit.

No shuffle; I've tried with Pandora, iTunes Radio, SiriusXM and iTunes Music
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 10:44 AM   #22
tmo24
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
This is a WMA300B - you can't change the cable as it is built into the unit and there is no firmware available for this unit.

No shuffle; I've tried with Pandora, iTunes Radio, SiriusXM and iTunes Music
Oh. I missed that you have the new unit. Good luck with finding out what's wrong.

Appreciate 0