E90Post

European Auto Source (EAS)

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > xDelete - Configure your xDrive through your Smartphone!

06-09-2019, 10:30 PM   #199
bimmerguy864
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBT-Tuning View Post

Custom

You can configure your Lock-Up rate from 0-100%. 100% is similar to stock, while 0% is similar to xDrive OFF. Sport and Snow settings are in between. (approx. 20% and 50%) Please use the custom setting with caution and use our Live-Data-Feed to monitor your Clutch-Stress. Also obey the common rules, mentioned with the Snow and Sport setting. Do NOT drive staggered wheels with any setting above 0%. (this is only allowed in xDrive OFF)

In regards to running a staggered setup shouldn't it be okay as long as the front and rear tire diameters are within 1% other? You can buy a BMW from the factory with staggered tires and I have staggered tires on my on 335xi but the tire diameters are within 1% of each other. I have yet to run into any issues with my staggered setup 225/40/18 and 255/35/18 in the 20,000 miles I have had it.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 03:22 AM   #200
RBT-Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Austria
Rep

Drives: 335i F31 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinion914 View Post
Is there an estimated ETA for F-cars or has that project been scrapped?
It has not been scrapped, but there is currently no ETA.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 03:26 AM   #201
RBT-Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Austria
Rep

Drives: 335i F31 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle6986 View Post
I remember now why I don't use them.
Exactly that is the issue. Google sets purchase limits on totally new accounts. You can circumvent with Google Play vouchers. (usually available at Gas Stations etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerguy864 View Post
In regards to running a staggered setup shouldn't it be okay as long as the front and rear tire diameters are within 1% other? You can buy a BMW from the factory with staggered tires and I have staggered tires on my on 335xi but the tire diameters are within 1% of each other. I have yet to run into any issues with my staggered setup 225/40/18 and 255/35/18 in the 20,000 miles I have had it.
They have the same diameter. (or very close) "Staggered" refers to setups that do not have the same diameter front and rear. People use xDelete to turn xDrive off and for instance run 285s at the rear. You must not use any other setting than "OFF" with such a setup. Factory setups are of course OK.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 08:22 AM   #202
beetle6986
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi, E70 X5 50, 04 Cobra

Quote:
Exactly that is the issue. Google sets purchase limits on totally new accounts. You can circumvent with Google Play vouchers. (usually available at Gas Stations etc.)
Thanks! I got a voucher at the gas station and used that. The car drives amazing smooth now. 4x4 is off and the following problems are completely gone.

1. clunking at stop signs as the front wheels disengage.
2. jerking going around sharp turns.
3. unsteady acceleration right after hitting the gas as the car transfers power to the front wheels.
4. sensations like the car is misfiring sometimes. This is due to the worn transfer case. An oil changed helped, but didn't resolve it completely.

I only need 4x4 in the winter months for the snow. I'll just turn it on when needed.

I did notice it feels/handles different from other RWD cars when the tires spin. I'm guessing the 335i probably has some kind of traction lock and the 335xi probably has an open differential?
      06-12-2019, 12:46 PM   #203
Lax1085
Rep
Drives: 335

with xdrive disabled are you free to run any staggered tire setup?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 05:53 PM   #204
bimmerguy864
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

So I bought the xdelete and I am loving the sport mode. Can I use sport mode like the drift mode in the focus rs or am I going to seriously screw up my awd?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 11:30 PM   #205
lucasmiller2015
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lax1085 View Post
with xdrive disabled are you free to run any staggered tire setup?
Yes. See below.

Quote:
"Staggered" refers to setups that do not have the same diameter front and rear. People use xDelete to turn xDrive off and for instance run 285s at the rear. You must not use any other setting than "OFF" with such a setup. Factory setups are of course OK.
2011 E90 335i | Black Sapphire Metallic | JB4 w/ MHD BEF | xHP Custom TCU tune | Phoenix Racing Chargepipe | VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC | VRSF Catted Downpipe | M Performance Carbon Fiber Spoiler | Lux H8 180
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2019, 11:39 PM   #206
lucasmiller2015
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerguy864 View Post
So I bought the xdelete and I am loving the sport mode. Can I use sport mode like the drift mode in the focus rs or am I going to seriously screw up my awd?
Quote:
Sport

The xDrive system is setup to have a permanent low front-bias. Even if the rear wheels are spinning, the front wheels will only receive limited power to avoid understeer on wet and dry roads. This setting will shift your car to be more oversteery (compared to stock) but will still generate enough traction on corner exits to stay full on throttle, even in 1 st and 2 nd gear. Please note: This setting is NOT intended to be used for Burnouts or on 2WD-Dynos! The Transfer Case permanently monitors the relative speed between Front and Rear-Wheels and will put your car to limp mode if there is too much relative movement over extended periods. It is safe to use for normal road use, driving on racetracks and for drifting sessions. Please use our Live-Data-Feed to monitor your Clutch-Stress while experienced driving. You should never exceed 50% for extended periods.
"It is safe to use for normal road use, driving on racetracks and for drifting sessions."
2011 E90 335i | Black Sapphire Metallic | JB4 w/ MHD BEF | xHP Custom TCU tune | Phoenix Racing Chargepipe | VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC | VRSF Catted Downpipe | M Performance Carbon Fiber Spoiler | Lux H8 180
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2019, 10:19 AM   #207
NocheDeZippeh
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35i

Eagerly awaiting F-series (actually E84 with same transfer case control module as F20) and iOS support
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:50 AM   #208
Supermoon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335xi

Garage List
Thumbs up for custom mode.

When I first disabled xDrive with xDelete last year, I kinda regretted buying the app because I experienced too much wheel spin in low gears which I didn't like so I re-enabled xDrive and forgot about it.

The new update allowing customizable torque split and live monitoring got me interested so I decided to try it out again.

I first tried sport mode but didn't like it because the steering felt too light and too responsive for my taste.
Maybe I got too used to driving an AWD car past 5 years? I re-enabled xDrive again and went back into my comfort zone but I soon realized something in between sport and full xDrive (100%) might work just fine for me.

After a week, I tried 70% and immediately liked how car handled. It felt almoat perfect in low speed street driving. However, steering still felt a tad too light and too nimble for me.

Tried 80% and steering felt a tad too heavy.

So I did 75% and after a few hours of test driving it became my favorite setup. I can still feel some front wheel torque all the time (gives me a sense of confidence when pushing) but steering feels just right for easy street driving.

Making a U-turn is so much easier now too.
I kept an eye on live data all the time while test driving and everything checked ok.
Oil temp stayed around 75, rarely went beyond 80. Thermal clutch stress never exceeded 5 I think. The number was too small on the screen but I know it never went 2 digits. Well, I didn't really expect any issues in the first place because I'm running a square setup.

Anyways, thanks again for developing such a great app.
Pure Stage 1 | GFB DV+ | VRSF Inlet | Injen Intake | ETS 5" FMIC & CP | Wagner Catted DP | BMW Performance Exhaust | MHD Custom Tune by Twisted | xHP Stage 3 | Apex FL-5 | Michelin PS4S | SDW Monoball thrust arms | UUC Swaybars | Bilstein B8 | Dinan Springs & Shock mounts | Whiteline RSB | Manzo Toe arms | M3 steering wheel | AVIN Android HU
Appreciate 0