E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > How do you deal with service negligence after warranty time

01-16-2020, 06:18 PM   #1
bmwdiesel
Private
Rep
Drives: 335d 2007

How do you deal with service negligence after warranty time

haha. I had to say few things, but the I forgot to mention that I drove the car about 1000 miles after those things. anyhow, if I can delete this I would.

Last edited by bmwdiesel; 01-17-2020 at 01:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 08:57 AM   #2
ranthum
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Looking to Buy

Lol, they won't help you with service they performed 3 months ago, much less 2 years.

Coolant colors varied from the factory and I think some came from BMW with yellow. But the color doesn't matter as long as it's the right type.

The other things are basically non issues.

Find a new shop that you like and that will put up with you.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 10:29 AM   #3
PerfectAce
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d Sport

In America, the land of greatest customer service, if I complained to a shop that they were responsible for an o-ring failure 2.5 years after they had replaced my thermostat, I would be told to go pound sand.

And why do you have carpet in your engine bay?

And maybe owning a Toyota would be better for your heart.
      01-17-2020, 04:58 PM   #4
335dlci
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranthum View Post
Lol, they won't help you with service they performed 3 months ago, much less 2 years.

Coolant colors varied from the factory and I think some came from BMW with yellow. But the color doesn't matter as long as it's the right type.

The other things are basically non issues.

Find a new shop that you like and that will put up with you.
There is coolant for the newer cars but its not yellow. Never seen yellow in e90s.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 08:44 PM   #5
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

That's why I turn my own wrenches on my car and I don't let anyone else touch it......
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 11:46 AM   #6
bmwdiesel
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
That's why I turn my own wrenches on my car and I don't let anyone else touch it......
good point. I worded my post wrong and didnt include the context. I didnt mention that all of the symptoms showed right after those repairs, but I didnt deal with it. I didnt want that hassle anymore. just to mention, they changed also glow plugs and they failed after short time, but interestingly when I changed it, it lasts and no glow plugs failure.

the thing is that everything that has been fixed in those repairs miraculously broke, and that was my point. but again, I just put it here. If I can raise the car I would overhaul my car, and would never let anyone touch unless necessary too.

anyhow, I won't post these experiences here anymore, but wanted to see others opinion, but now I regret I put it here ever. nobody is gonna tell me that when someone puts new vacuum hoses they are gonna break after few months, and if they are ok with that, their standards are pretty low too. period.

Last edited by bmwdiesel; 01-18-2020 at 11:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 11:49 AM   #7
bmwdiesel
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dlci View Post
There is coolant for the newer cars but its not yellow. Never seen yellow in e90s.
exactly, I researched that and ordered original coolant, but maybe it's too late already.

he was ok with whatever coolant, but the thing is that it can affect all the piping, hoses, and even head gasket which is a pretty big deal.
I deleted my post because some people have obviously low standards here too. whether it was 2 years don't matter when you have a proof they fccked up the cooling system with some shitty coolant.

I put it here for others to learn and be aware what's going on, but those two were bashing it, made me regret I shared it here tbh.
Appreciate 0