E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > New E92 Owner

10-16-2018, 08:42 PM   #1
Jschro335i
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

New E92 Owner

So I just got a 2007 E92 and have had some interesting experiences. All of which have given me minor heart attacks.

1. For some reason the trunk wont latch closed. I have to push it really hard when it is in the closed position in order for it to stay closed. Im not sure whats up with it.

2. My tire pressure warning light wont go away. I inflated all the tires according to the sticker on the door but it still insists that my tires are low.

3. Whats the best way of going about a key fob replacement?

Im sure I will have more questions. This car is an absolute joy to drive.

I also had a engine light with half of it yellow come on. I thought I had messed something up so I pulled out my obd scanner and no codes were present. What is that usually for?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 06:21 PM   #2
gamesfrager
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Welcome and congrats.

1- no idea
2- did you reset the tire pressure warning after adjusting tire pressure? Look it up online
3- there are a couple of threads here about keyfob replacements. Also depends on if you have comfort access or not. You didn't say why you need a replacement

What did you use to scan for fault codes?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 09:43 PM   #3
Jschro335i
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I got it fixed by a dealer. Dont ever wanna do that again.

They also said something about me needing new control arm bushings. Quoted me 700 for parts and labor. I said naw Ill do that myself thank you. So ill probably end up doing that next weekend.

Also I am going to change my high beam bulbs but am confused as to weather or not I got the right size. I have these.
https://www.amazon.com/Cougar-Motor-...01H6NZ6MK?th=1

Are these the correct ones for my high beams or did I get the wrong ones?
Appreciate 0