E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Morimoto HID Kit for Angel Eyes

03-19-2014, 01:47 PM   #23
whiteCanadian335xi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

I currently have V4 Lux angel eyes. I wanted something bright but didnt want the yellowing of the rings... Is visibility good at night with just the rings on? I like having it so only the rings are on at night haha. The V4's have crappy visibility I couldn't use them as my main source of lights can these be used as it?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 07:33 PM   #24
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteCanadian335xi View Post
I currently have V4 Lux angel eyes. I wanted something bright but didnt want the yellowing of the rings... Is visibility good at night with just the rings on? I like having it so only the rings are on at night haha. The V4's have crappy visibility I couldn't use them as my main source of lights can these be used as it?
Regardless of what angel eye bulb you have in there you cant use it as the main driving light. The light is not directional at all and will never be able to provide enough forward lighting. If the lights get too bright they actually become a nuisance to other drivers on the road too. The angel eyes are designed for accent and DRL lights only.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 12:42 AM   #25
whiteCanadian335xi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
Regardless of what angel eye bulb you have in there you cant use it as the main driving light. The light is not directional at all and will never be able to provide enough forward lighting. If the lights get too bright they actually become a nuisance to other drivers on the road too. The angel eyes are designed for accent and DRL lights only.
Haha no no don't get me wrong guys I love the V4! I'm not attacking the product in anyway. I thought the newer BMW with the Halos use them as their main lights? I guess not haha
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #26
maymay07
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
+1 I agree, which is why I have my AEs turn OFF at night when the low beams are on.

it maintains the clean cut-off on the light pattern that keeps light focused on the road and not in other drivers' eyes.

Personally, I'm not sure the excitement over how the car looks at night, anyway. Mine is black so I'm pretty much in stealth mode at night.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #27
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteCanadian335xi View Post
Haha no no don't get me wrong guys I love the V4! I'm not attacking the product in anyway. I thought the newer BMW with the Halos use them as their main lights? I guess not haha
Dont worry i understand what you mean Even on the newer BMW's the angel eyes are only for accent lights. They dont focus the light into a usable beam pattern that would allow use to drive with them
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #28
maymay07
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i E90 LCI

Hi all, just thought I would revive this post for anyone interested in HID for their angel eyes.

Since I have had them installed about 6 months now, I can report that there is no yellowing or other damage in the angel eye housings or tubes.

I've been regularly checking them and shine a bright flashlight in there to look for any damage (see below images with the flash
on, shining directly into the inner ring).

FYI, I believe doing the research and using the high quality (best UV protected) Morimoto bulbs has payed off in avoiding damage. I'd recommend anyone
using Ebay, Alpine, Camaross, other types of HID kits in their angel eyes should consider just swapping out the bulbs with some morimoto bulbs.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-23-2018, 02:53 AM   #29
Black_e90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 328i Sport

Bump. How are they now.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 11:08 AM   #30
nsjames
Brigadier General