E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Bought a new car and want to swap idrives over

08-14-2018, 02:12 PM   #1
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d f10

Bought a new car and want to swap idrives over

Hi,
I need some advise on what to do. So I bought a e93 that came with the narrow screen idrive but it has a CIC controller. In my old E90 I bought a retrofit CIC kit with emulator and it was coded to my old car. I was thinking of swapping those idrives over but not doing any coding.
E93 doesn't have a combox and Im selling the combox from my old E90 so it would only be a swap of the screen and the actual unit. Would that work? Features on the cars seem the same so thats the reason I thought I could get away with this.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 12:34 AM   #2
bmwretrofit
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali View Post
Hi,
I need some advise on what to do. So I bought a e93 that came with the narrow screen idrive but it has a CIC controller. In my old E90 I bought a retrofit CIC kit with emulator and it was coded to my old car. I was thinking of swapping those idrives over but not doing any coding.
E93 doesn't have a combox and Im selling the combox from my old E90 so it would only be a swap of the screen and the actual unit. Would that work? Features on the cars seem the same so thats the reason I thought I could get away with this.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks!
More often than not coding is required whenever you install CIC retrofit.
We will be glad to help you with this project - please email us with the VIN of your E93 and E90 and we will let you know what you can expect if you swap the CIC from E90 and into E93 --> info@bimmerretrofit.com
Appreciate 0