E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > "At port waiting for shipping vessel" Since 11/30/07 What's the deal???????

12-26-2007, 12:20 PM   #1
08TXbimmer
Built to Fight
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 Montego Sport

"At port waiting for shipping vessel" Since 11/30/07 What's the deal???????

I would like to start off by saying I love this forum and FINALLY signed up today!

I ordered a 328i in mid November. All was going really quick as far as production goes. Finished on Nov 27th and at the port of exit on Nov 30th. IT IS STILL THERE!!! I called BMWNA and they sai that was very unusual and had no further info. They said to call my sales manager. He could not give me any other information besides that he had several other cars waiting to be shipped as well. This friday will be 4 weeks that it has been waiting! ANYBODY have ANY idea what might be going on or some sort of explenation? At this point I"ll take a story such as "The longer the car waits for a boat the better the gas milage will be!"

Thank you for providing an outlet for me to vent!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
akack79
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3 ZCP

I ordered my E92 from BMW of Aus on Nov 21 and its already at South Carolina VPC. Your SA should have info on your car. Another fellow forum member is having a similar problem like yours from BMW of Aus........it should only wait at port for shipping vessel max 2 weeks. Have you tried checking your order status at Owner's Circle BMW website?http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ndingpage.aspx
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 07:39 PM   #3
raleedy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i 6-speed

Here's another thing to try: go to 2wglobal.com and follow the links to track auto cargo. Put your VIN in and see what comes up. Let us know.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 10:06 PM   #4
08TXbimmer
Built to Fight
United_States
Rep

Thanx for the replies! I did talk to my salesman and all he could tell me was that they have several cars that were ordered around the same time as mine and they are also waiting for a boat. I've been calling the 800 number because they have been more up to date and give more info then Owners Circle. I will try the VIN approach!
The delay is KILLING me!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 11:50 PM   #5
08TXbimmer
Built to Fight
United_States
Rep

Track By Auto

"No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered"

Enter Cargo ID(s) and then click on Track

EEERRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there some sort of delivery discount that the dealer gets for having the vehicles wait and getting a bunch of cars delivered at once on the same truck/boat? I'm desperatly trying to come up with an explanation. Thanks again for your help!!!
Appreciate 0