E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > JB Racing Flywheel w/ Valeo Sprung Hub Clutch

03-26-2024, 09:34 PM   #1
blnk-128
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

JB Racing Flywheel w/ Valeo Sprung Hub Clutch

Hi all, I'm looking to pair the valeo sprung hub clutch and pressure plate with the JB racing N52 lightweight flywheel.

I'm putting out a call for input on this decision as I haven't seen it done prior. I know the OE clutch works fine, but I'm looking to reduce some of the chatter inherent to its non-sprung design. I've linked the flywheel and clutch kit here.

Flwheel: link

Valeo Clutch & Pressure Plate: link
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:57 AM   #2
cosmosschwarz
Rep
Drives: E91 325xi

Back in the E36 that's exactly what we used to do. M5 spring-hub clutch to absorb some of the chatter from the superlight single mass flywheels we used to run. It definitely helps. Didn't make it unnoticeable(especially at a stop with the A/C running), but certainly much better.
Appreciate 0