E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Road Angel and Sat Nav

03-26-2006, 08:42 AM   #23
0003SAS
Rep
Drives: Electric Red 320d Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Hmmm didn't know the time detection bit was that quick, thought they had to time you over a distance, however was deffo the target car, was actually on the a66 heading for Brough in Cumbria, I was lead car of two as I came over a rise and immediately my road angel sprang into life, was doing 85 or so on two lane dual carriage way, not sure what to think now
Don't fall into the trap of thinking they have to track you over distance. This generally applies to Vascar or Video evidence. In the case of Mobile Cameras they can and do only have to target you the once. This gives them an instant reading/video recording.

I'm still of the opion that the use of Laser Detectors can lul you into a false sense of security as they are not a match for the well trained Mobile Camera operator. Don't forget that the M.C's can also pick you up AFTER you've passed them as they can target the rear of your vehicle where of course you don't have any L.D's
      03-26-2006, 11:39 AM   #24
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0003SAS
...Laser Detectors can lul you into a false sense of security as they are not a match for the well trained Mobile Camera operator...
Well trained and with a lot of practice I might add, but when do they get a chance to practice. Good job tax payers money is paying for the police to do more important things like solve crimes, stopping shitbags vandalising you property and generally making the public feel safe. Just think of how many police you see on the beat and how quickly they respond when you call them, rather than spending all their time trying to catch speeding motorists. Oh no sorry, i got that the wrong way round didn't I?
      03-28-2006, 06:00 AM   #25
matthewr
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320i M-Sport

The Indago with Bluetooth on it isn't due out until May/June 2006 as far as networx automotive have told me. I don't think any detector will cover you 100%, you would have to be able to react in a millisecond to save you from a speed gun.
      04-01-2006, 01:26 PM   #26
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingdwarf
Well trained and with a lot of practice I might add, but when do they get a chance to practice. Good job tax payers money is paying for the police to do more important things like solve crimes, stopping shitbags vandalising you property and generally making the public feel safe. Just think of how many police you see on the beat and how quickly they respond when you call them, rather than spending all their time trying to catch speeding motorists. Oh no sorry, i got that the wrong way round didn't I?
basically its all bleak news really, you strive to get a decent job which coincidentally offers a decent company car list, have to opt for diesel over 3.2 and 3.0 audi or bmw petrol offerings cos of tax robbery to pay for a load of scummers who can't be arsed to work because it is easier to rob, deface, vandalise and the cops because they are "underfunded" target the "more or less" law abiding motorist with the registered car, of fixed abode sales rep. Honestly I ask you what a joke.

Next time me car gets vandalised I will tell the cops they don't need to do owt cos I have shot the perpetrator lets see how many helicopters, dog teams, SWAT teams are suddenly available then

Sorry about the rant but I detect that you see things as I do FD.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2006, 01:49 AM   #27
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddywac
basically its all bleak news really, you strive to get a decent job which coincidentally offers a decent company car list, have to opt for diesel over 3.2 and 3.0 audi or bmw petrol offerings cos of tax robbery to pay for a load of scummers who can't be arsed to work because it is easier to rob, deface, vandalise and the cops because they are "underfunded" target the "more or less" law abiding motorist with the registered car, of fixed abode sales rep. Honestly I ask you what a joke.

Next time me car gets vandalised I will tell the cops they don't need to do owt cos I have shot the perpetrator lets see how many helicopters, dog teams, SWAT teams are suddenly available then

Sorry about the rant but I detect that you see things as I do FD.
Lets not even go there. I feel it, and if we get started this forum could get messy.

Good to see I am not alone though?

Are you coming to the UK meet by the way on 22nd April. Would be good to see you there. We can talk about interesting things like where our taxes are going and stuff, or just e90/91's so that the old blood pressure doesnt rise too far.

1st UK Meet
      04-02-2006, 05:37 AM   #28
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Lets not even go there. I feel it, and if we get started this forum could get messy.

Are you coming to the UK meet by the way on 22nd April. Would be good to see you there. We can talk about interesting things like where our taxes are going and stuff, or just e90/91's so that the old blood pressure doesnt rise too far.

1st UK Meet
Sometimes, I think this should be legalised over here!

Viv

Last edited by vivekk; 04-02-2006 at 05:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2006, 06:32 AM   #29
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
Sometimes, I think this should be legalised over here!

Viv

I have seen a video of this once, and funny enough it was on an old 3 series I think. Looked 'dramatic'. Dont know if you could get away with toasting the cops though just because they pulled you over for speeding.
      04-02-2006, 07:05 AM   #30
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have seen a video of this once, and funny enough it was on an old 3 series I think. Looked 'dramatic'. Dont know if you could get away with toasting the cops though just because they pulled you over for speeding.
...I was thinking more about thieving carjackers, not particularly the theiving traffic cops, but there again, who am I to discriminate!

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2006, 12:30 PM   #31
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d m sport

Garage List
[QUOTE=Flyingdwarf]Lets not even go there. I feel it, and if we get started this forum could get messy.

Actually cos I have been away working I only picked up on this meet recently so put myself forward to go yesterday, its a day at least chance to meet some people, I'm not too techie so not sure what I can offer in term of bringing stuff, got a digi camera but from the sounds of it others will have much more, hopefully night out (two more lamb bhuna's over here) so yep am up for it now, don't believe there is anything in the diary to stop me at the mo

Hows the new car FD, liked the pics looks the same as mine except you got bigger wheels (major mistake on my part)?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2006, 01:37 PM   #32
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Actually cos I have been away working I only picked up on this meet recently so put myself forward to go yesterday, its a day at least chance to meet some people, I'm not too techie so not sure what I can offer in term of bringing stuff, got a digi camera but from the sounds of it others will have much more, hopefully night out (two more lamb bhuna's over here) so yep am up for it now, don't believe there is anything in the diary to stop me at the mo
Can't see a post from you on the meet thread, paddywac???
Could you re-post so I can add you to the growing list & tell us your name, if you dont mind! Thanks.

An Indian sounds great.

Just having you & your car there is good enough, although bringing some polish etc for the cars would be good as well!

Viv

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2006, 03:22 AM   #33
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Quote:

Hows the new car FD, liked the pics looks the same as mine except you got bigger wheels (major mistake on my part)?

Mate, I just saw that you signed up to the meet in the 'official' thread. Thats good news. Think it should be a good showing as the numbers arent looking too bad! As Viv said, I wouldnt worry about what you bring as long as you dont turn up in a merc.

The car is great by the way. Only 194 miles on the clock so far but they have all been fun. As for the wheels, well I just couldnt resist. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
      04-03-2006, 10:30 AM   #34
Steve r
E91
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Touring

Garage List
I have a Navman 510 which is quite cheap at the mo £200. Took awhile to get used to it but that was probably due to the fact that i had'nt read the instructions! May be worth a look?