E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > RB Turbo Owners?

04-11-2018, 08:08 AM   #1
sloweste9x
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E61 535XI, E92 335I (Sold)

Garage List
RB Turbo Owners?

Any RB guys out there? I'm really interested in the Next Gens and Twos, but I would like to speak to someone who has these on their car. Plenty of info on Pures, VVT, and the hearty amount of Frankenbash, but there seems to be little information out there on RBs, especially their low-output solutions, such as the RB Two's.

Are the upgraded wastegates necessary? Why aren't they all upgraded as standard from RB? How is your oil consumption? How many lbs?

Not trying to start a bashing thread as that is NOT the purpose, but I would love some real world experience with these turbos.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 08:40 AM   #2
Rob@RBTurbo
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335I AT, '14 M6 DCT

FWIW the RB Twos have been in beta testing for about 6 months now and there are only 6 sets in the hands of users. The winter months (and other life issues) have stalled nearly every tester from getting some good usage, so we will probably extend another 4-6 months to hopefully obtain some results and feel confident in the soak time prior to shotgunning them into full production. Our goal of course is a 0% failure rate and so far that is where it stands with them.

All of our wastegates are upgraded. We he have the competitive industry standard wastegate upgrade that come at no extra cost. We also have some very elite wastegate bits that we consider our Premium Wastegate upgrade offering, it is quite costly and 100% CNC'd by us in-house out of the most prestigious anti-wear matched high heat USA certified stainless steels. You can shoot over an email and we can get you a better explanation of the differences between the two, both have been working great for the masses.

There should be other RB Next Gen/Next Gen Plus users out there who can chime in with firsthand experiences if they see the thread, but with the very limited sets of the RB Twos we figured it would help to give you the "small" update on them.

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 04-11-2018 at 08:53 AM..
Appreciate 2
      04-12-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
fordbaxter
N54 Whisperer
United_States
Rep
Drives: RB Turbo E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb21111 View Post
Any RB guys out there? I'm really interested in the Next Gens and Twos, but I would like to speak to someone who has these on their car. Plenty of info on Pures, VVT, and the hearty amount of Frankenbash, but there seems to be little information out there on RBs, especially their low-output solutions, such as the RB Two's.

Are the upgraded wastegates necessary? Why aren't they all upgraded as standard from RB? How is your oil consumption? How many lbs?

Not trying to start a bashing thread as that is NOT the purpose, but I would love some real world experience with these turbos.
I have RB Next Gens installed and can answer any questions you have if you PM me.

I have standard wastegates- no rattle
Oil consumption is the same as it was on the stock turbos FBO
I'm running 19 PSI with no taper, very smooth linear power delivery. I could run more but my trans was slipping so we brought it back down a little

Jeff