E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > RRT/getBMWparts.com Koni Challenge ST 328i Build Thread

10-13-2009, 01:56 AM   #89
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

Sweet thread and build. I dont know how I missed this before
      11-05-2009, 11:30 PM   #90
kcleung
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 323

just found out this thread myself, think I can learn a lot from it, got a few questions already

1) with some of the weight removed and cage added, have you weighted the front and rear axle, is the car still ~50:50, if not, how does that affect the handling?
2) from the photos, seems original stock brake discs were used, what pads do you use?
3) also noticed oz wheels, assume they were chosen them for light weight?
      11-16-2009, 06:47 PM   #91
bayerischeperformance
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgame64 View Post
Updates?
car is waiting on its mtech front bumper, new headlight and replacement fender from an incident at VIR

we had a great last race and the Bosch ECU really helped us move up. Without it we werent able to keep up in the straights with the competition.

We will probably take the car to Roebling in december and then we are off to Daytona in january

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcleung View Post
just found out this thread myself, think I can learn a lot from it, got a few questions already

1) with some of the weight removed and cage added, have you weighted the front and rear axle, is the car still ~50:50, if not, how does that affect the handling?
2) from the photos, seems original stock brake discs were used, what pads do you use?
3) also noticed oz wheels, assume they were chosen them for light weight?

1) i believe we are pretty close

2) we actually have 330 brakes on the car which are what is required by the series. I believe the rotors on the 330 are just slightly thicker. I will need to check on pads but i believe cobalt friction possibly

3) yes OZ's since we can get then in the required size, they are pretty lightweight and very strong
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #92
vgame64
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayerischeperformance View Post
car is waiting on its mtech front bumper, new headlight and replacement fender from an incident at VIR

we had a great last race and the Bosch ECU really helped us move up. Without it we werent able to keep up in the straights with the competition.

We will probably take the car to Roebling in december and then we are off to Daytona in january

1) i believe we are pretty close

2) we actually have 330 brakes on the car which are what is required by the series. I believe the rotors on the 330 are just slightly thicker. I will need to check on pads but i believe cobalt friction possibly

3) yes OZ's since we can get then in the required size, they are pretty lightweight and very strong
Awesome news! Thanks for the updates!
Mods: (All OEM) | BMW Performance CF Splitters | BMW Blackline Taillights | BMW Rear Deck Spoiler | BMW Performance Auto Shift Knob and Alcantara Boot | BMW Black Dakota Leather Split Folding Armrest | BMW Euro Fog Light Switch | BMW Style 193M Wheels | BMW Performance Gloss Black Kidney Grills | BMW Front Clear Bra | BMW Performance Steering Wheel (non-elec)
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 08:58 PM   #93
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Just wanted to revive this thread. This is pretty awsome. I really wanted to do something like this when I pay off my car. My brother raced in ST as well. He drove a M54 powered Plano Z4 but they disbanded the team. I'm really impressed with the evolution of the car. It's really cool how you improved it little by little.

How do you adjust brake balance? I though the car adjusted it on the fly. On the track my car understeers whenever I trigger ABS. It would be nice to dial in some rear bias.
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 11:39 PM   #94
qtrlifecrisis
Scenic Artist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335i

great thread. thanks for bringing it back up. got anymore photos of this car ontrack?
      02-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #95
josephbet01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93 328i

I was enjoying the thread and it just.....

C'mon guys post some updates.
Appreciate 0