E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > ✎ ♕ ♛ FS: BMW 335i E90 Le Mans Blue - ##SOLD

06-13-2017, 04:20 AM   #23
wallsmk2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e91 325i

isn't there also an issue with engine ground strap to chassis deteriorating causing these symptoms too. Very easy to check.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/blog/posts/b...ry-replacement
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 03:52 AM   #24
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralMitch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
What reg is this? You know this is a common fault which BMW released a recall for?
Dec '06 (56)
Do you know where I can get more details on that?
It's definitely worth inspecting the large red cable where it connects to the fuse box. If it's corroded or changed colour at all then your problems could be a very simple fix.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 05:34 AM   #25
MsportFury
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 M4 Comp & E92 325d

If it turns out to be the cable/fuse issue noted above, I had the same issue with my E92, BMW sell a repair kit for it and it can be carried out by any bodyshop who know what they're talking about when it comes to BMW's. I'd recommend Mstyle/Autoenhance in Romford.
      06-14-2017, 06:36 AM   #26
GeneralMitch
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i N54 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsportFury View Post
If it turns out to be the cable/fuse issue noted above, I had the same issue with my E92, BMW sell a repair kit for it and it can be carried out by any bodyshop who know what they're talking about when it comes to BMW's. I'd recommend Mstyle/Autoenhance in Romford.
Thanks man, if it doesn't sell by the weekend I'll probably end up keeping it and putting even more money into it and if not just keep it and leave it by the side while I work on it bit by bit..

Do you know if M Style / Autoenhance do practical labor work? I thought they were just a parts vendor..

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 07:03 AM   #27
DEE-83
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E93

Quote:
Thanks man, if it doesn't sell by the weekend I'll probably end up keeping it and putting even more money into it and if not just keep it and leave it by the side while I work on it bit by bit..

Do you know if M Style / Autoenhance do practical labor work? I thought they were just a parts vendor..
I believe they do, Dan is your best bet to speak to there, if that's not an option PM and i will give you a number for an Indy in Barking that is more than capable of doing the needed job.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2017, 07:08 AM   #28
MsportFury
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 M4 Comp & E92 325d

Quote:
Sorry for thhe late response mate, they do indeed, and they're are great at it - my favourite bodyshop. They know alot about E92's and BMW's in general. I rate them way more highly than any official BMW Stealership that I've dealt with.