E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > M57 alternator decoupler pulley

Closed Thread

01-08-2018, 07:31 PM   #45
Built4Sin
TL/DR
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d Sport

Garage List
2009 BMW 335D  [9.00]
2014 Audi Q7 TDI  [0.00]
Tucson335,

Buddy your attitude towards others is what is fueling this.

You ordered the part, found a discrepancy and then the fix for it.

Now you're lashing out saying people didn't believe you and you're not getting credit for solving the glitch with the product.

We're not here to bash you, we would just like you to pass on the information you've discovered; to save us the blood/sweat and tears of doing it over again for the sake of doing it over again.

You're not going to extract anything from the group royalty payment wise, since what you've discovered is another off the shelf part with a machined spacer. Unless you want to start making and selling the spacers to us.

You have the groups attention, what are you looking for to release the part number?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 07:43 PM   #46
335dsleeper
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09' 335d 10'35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucson335d View Post
And you are welcome, i came up with the clutched pulley
You didn't come up with it. You simply bolted a clutched pulley onto the alternator. You didn't invent, engineer or manufacture anything. You purchased and installed.

Quote:
In the end the bank knew i was right, i proved it, and i got money back, still i was hated by those loyal to the vendor.
So you think you should receive a refund and keep the damper?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 07:49 PM   #47
Andrew@FixMyVW
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335D

I've always maintained that I didn't come up with the clutched pulley idea but the guy who did come up with it wants no public credit/recognition. He spent a few hours in a shop that rebuilds alternators then provided me part numbers.

The first time I saw Tuscon talk about the decoupling pulley was when he ripped us for providing a "bandaid fix" then "vowed to hold us and Fluidampr accountable and seek justice for all customers by requiring us to recall and retune the Fluidampr".

The Fluidampr does its job....it stops vibrations from the crank. The decoupler pulley does its job also, it stops the vibrations from the alternator.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 12:17 AM   #48
Andrew@FixMyVW
Banned
United_States
Rep

Diy video

The X5 35D install video is done
Go ahead and skip to 5:30 if you want to see just the Install process for the decoupler pulley.

Last edited by Andrew@FixMyVW; 01-09-2018 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 4
TDIwyse613.50
da_trem84.00
fsd35054.50
Deftronix169.50
      01-09-2018, 12:33 AM   #49
lnxguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335D

Quote:
Good for you, you kind of remind me of a 4 year old child, whinning about not getting a new puppy, not taking daddys no for an answer and demanding to know why daddy said no! The 4 year old eventually understood later in life. Anything else?
You need some serious professional help.
      01-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #50
da_trem
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [0.00]
Andrew, do you have a vid showing the difference between the stock and upgraded pulley, engine running?

-Dave
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 12:18 PM   #51
Andrew@FixMyVW
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_trem View Post
Andrew, do you have a vid showing the difference between the stock and upgraded pulley, engine running?

-Dave
I did not take a "before" video but here is the "after" on my X5 35d

Last edited by Andrew@FixMyVW; 01-09-2018 at 01:33 PM..
Appreciate 3
TDIwyse613.50
fsd35054.50
da_trem84.00
      01-09-2018, 12:30 PM   #52
da_trem
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [0.00]
Awesome! 👍
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 11:21 PM   #53
ranthum
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Looking to Buy

So after all the drama, I would just like to know what pulley I would need and what spacer (if necessary). Still on factory balancer and I think this could greatly increase the lifespan. I really like the idea of the fluidampr but I have a hard time justifying the cost over a stock style.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 08:19 AM   #54
rulonger
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d E90 & 2010 328i E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranthum View Post
So after all the drama, I would just like to know what pulley I would need and what spacer (if necessary). Still on factory balancer and I think this could greatly increase the lifespan. I really like the idea of the fluidampr but I have a hard time justifying the cost over a stock style.
+1

Will the upgraded alternator pulley and spacer be made available for those of us that decided not to pull the Fluidampr trigger?
      01-10-2018, 09:05 AM   #55
Torqu3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulonger View Post
+1

Will the upgraded alternator pulley and spacer be made available for those of us that decided not to pull the Fluidampr trigger?
After everyone that bought a Fluidampr gets their parts, i'm sure details will be released for individuals looking to live the stock balancer life.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 09:17 AM   #56
Andrew@FixMyVW
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqu3 View Post
After everyone that bought a Fluidampr gets their parts, i'm sure details will be released for individuals looking to live the stock balancer life.
X5 will be released soon, we have a ton of those coming available very shortly.

335d may end up becoming an issue, a very large vendor that offers lifetime warranty on everything dropped the ball and oversold their inventory to us and we haven't received a single decoupler pulley for 335d from that particular vendor. I should have word from INA of Germany later today about 1 we're going to have more available. On the bright side we shipped out a bunch yesterday
Appreciate 2
Torqu3320.50
rulonger110.50
      01-10-2018, 03:53 PM   #57
f00dstamps
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dsleeper View Post
So you think you should receive a refund and keep the damper?
I have been through 1 Paypal dispute (scammer tried to say the shipment was stolen off his doorstep and he tried to keep the money) and 1 credit card dispute. During these disputes, PP and credit card companies encourage you to work with the vendor to resolve the issue. Andrew has been saying from the very beginning that he would provide a full refund. If Andrew is willing to provide a full refund, the buyer should not be allowed to file a dispute to get his money returned and I suspect in this case, also keep the part. Filing disputes raises vendor's credit card processing fees and affects their bottom line.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 12:12 PM   #58
Andrew@FixMyVW
Banned
United_States
Rep

Here's a quick video showing an alternative view of a decoupler pulley kit being installed on an M57 alternator.
I personally always plan to do this while the alternator is installed in the vehicle but this is your option.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 03:03 PM   #59
Asonchadwick
Sleepy
Rep
Drives: bmw

Hey andrew why dont you start a new thread about your use of the OAP and I can keep this one going on the OAD. That way people know the differences between the two. I dont have anything to add to clutched pulley idea as I wish to continue focused in the OAD. Technically the OAP (Overrunning Alternator Pulley) isn't the same as an OAD (Overunning Alternator Decoupler) pulley. So a clutched pulley should warrant its own thread to discuss that vs. my thread to discuss a pulley that decouples the alternator. Either one will be required for use of the fluidampr, but maybe start your own thread on that, I think that will be better for you.

Last edited by Asonchadwick; 01-16-2018 at 03:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 04:20 PM   #60
Andrew@FixMyVW
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey andrew why dont you start a new thread about your use of the OAP and I can keep this one going on the OAD. That way people know the differences between the two. I dont have anything to add to clutched pulley idea as I wish to continue focused in the OAD. Technically the OAP (Overrunning Alternator Pulley) isn't the same as an OAD (Overunning Alternator Decoupler) pulley. So a clutched pulley should warrant its own thread to discuss that vs. my thread to discuss a pulley that decouples the alternator. Either one will be required for use of the fluidampr, but maybe start your own thread on that, I think that will be better for you.
Hold up...
You can sh** on all my threads and hard work for 2 months but when I comment on your thread it's "Not o.k". I'm fixing the misinformation and lies you spread about the Fluidampr and how "The special tools won't work."

You dug this hole and I'm going to fill it in. Come back with something helpful to contribute to the community.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 04:46 PM   #61
Asonchadwick
Sleepy
Rep

Oh okay you didn't like my opinion about fixing the product so this is your revenge I got you. And I did come up with something to help the community I told you about the clutched pulley idea. While it's true I couldn't Supply everybody a free pulley I'm also just a hobbyist not in business remember. But don't you think it's better to start your own thread for your own product?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 04:56 PM   #62
Andrew@FixMyVW
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh okay you didn't like my opinion about fixing the product so this is your revenge I got you. And I did come up with something to help the community I told you about the clutched pulley idea. While it's true I couldn't Supply everybody a free pulley I'm also just a hobbyist not in business remember. But don't you think it's better to start your own thread for your own product?
There's no revenge coming, just happy Fluidampr customers and people upgrading their alternator pulleys. You never told me about a clutched pulley idea, that's as bogus as telling people...
Quote:
Also impact gun is a must, don't waste your time fooling around with "special" tools. I have the tools and i couldnt get it off, had to go buy impact gun and you will need a stubby if you don't want to pull alternator. You only have 7 inches from pulley to radiator so stubby is a must.

Last edited by Andrew@FixMyVW; 01-16-2018 at 05:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 05:03 PM   #63
Asonchadwick
Sleepy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@FixMyVW View Post
There's no revenge coming, just happy Fluidampr customers and people upgrading their alternator pulleys. You never told me about a clutched pulley idea, that's as bogus as telling people our special tools won't work, the alternator must be removed and an impact gun has to be used.
Okay that's great good for you so why don't you take yourself in your happy customers and go start your own Thread about it why you got to keep posted on this one? Sounds to me like you're trying to pass off the clutch pulley is an actual decoupler pulley which it's not. So there's no reason for you to stick around on my thread unless you're trying to hijack it which you've already done and just basically spew thread vomit. Why don't you just confess that we had a conversation and in that conversation I told you about the clutch pulley idea I came up with. Are you really trying to say that that conversation never existed? Was it a one way conversation cuz I definitely messaged you back with the idea before you ever said a word about it cuz I already posted that a couple of days previously on that stupid Facebook Group Forum. Are you trying to suggest and convince people that I never mentioned anything about a clutched alternator pulley to try and fix the vibration after I installed the fluid damper? Are you actually trying to say that?

Well yeah I guess you are and have been but you and I both know it ain't true. I mean right now you're just hiding behind the facade and the veil of the internet but you and I both know that conversation took place and I did try to help you and everyone else including myself. So I kept the pully skip to my previous idea that you took his your own came up with my own idea posted it here and then you wanted to take that one too. Why don't you just come up with your own ideas and stop stealing other people's work.

The difference between me and you is I'm not hiding behind anything. And while I may take other people's work and use it to benefit myself is strictly non-commercial. The difference between me and you is you're in business to make money I'm not trying to profit at all. So while you have a motive which is profit and Gain my motive was just simply to better the platform. At least I've given thanks and credit where thanks and credit is due anyone who helps me gets my full support and I acknowledge them and validate them and give them credit for the assist you just stole my idea that's all it was and then let everybody think you came up with it and you didn't deny it until long time later and then you tried to pass off some imaginary guy and say that he's the one that told you yeah I'm the one that told you LOL but I ain't no imaginary dude I'm real and right here. My God man for the benefit of the community go start your own thread I won't even post on it how about that I won't say one word it will be all yours.

Last edited by Asonchadwick; 01-16-2018 at 05:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 05:25 PM   #64
ColonelSanders
Rep

Quote:
At least I've given thanks and credit where thanks and credit is due anyone who helps me gets my full support and I acknowledge them and validate them and give them credit for the assist you just stole my idea that's all it was and then let everybody think you came up with it and you didn't deny it until long time later and then you tried to pass off some imaginary guy and say that he's the one that told you yeah I'm the one that told you LOL but I ain't no imaginary dude I'm real and right here.
That is quite the extensive sentence. Anyway, I'm just going to point out that your first post asking andrew to relocate threads was written with a lot of hostility. You edited it shortly afterwards, and I thought good, we are returning to more civility. But no.

By redacting your many (hostile) posts in this thread, I feel you have also given up any right you had to calling it "your" thread at all. Your own complaints are likely what prompted all the informative videos to be posted here anyway.

Thank you Andrew for the continued updates.
      01-16-2018, 05:30 PM   #65
Asonchadwick
Sleepy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelSanders View Post
That is quite the extensive sentence. Anyway, I'm just going to point out that your first post asking andrew to relocate threads was written with a lot of hostility. You edited it shortly afterwards, and I thought good, we are returning to more civility. But no.

By redacting your many (hostile) posts in this thread, I feel you have also given up any right you had to calling it "your" thread at all. Your own complaints are likely what prompted all the informative videos to be posted here anyway.

Thank you Andrew for the continued updates.
Honestly that just sounds stupid ignorant I opened the thread I can post whatever I want in the opening post I'd be happy to delete the whole thing except it doesn't seem to be an option. Obviously he could just start his own thread and yeah I had to clean up the thread cuz you guys hijacked it after trolling it for a while. Don't you think it's just better for the platform in the community for everyone to come up with their own ideas and contributed their own? Why are you defending this guy? You don't know me you don't know what took place and yeah I am civil real civil. Obviously your buddies with this guy Andrew because if you are neutral and legitimate you be asking the question did that conversation take place did this guy Tucson 335d actually have a conversation with this guy Andrew where he actually brought up and mentioned using a clutch alternator pulley. So you're just like one of those Shield type of guys like a heel just there to Insight things if you are neutral and unbiased you be asking the question I'm throwing it out there and you're just going to accept it somehow it never happened. And then credit a guy that took my idea and give him all of the credibility why don't you just call me a liar that's all you got to do just call me a liar. Except I'm not lying I'm actually telling the truth it only two people here know that that's me and Andrew Well in a few others I guess that were on the thread when I posted it. You don't like my long-winded responses go somewhere else nobody's forcing you to be here. The only reason you're here is to try to make me look bad I'm tired of it.

Last edited by Asonchadwick; 01-16-2018 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 05:41 PM   #66
ColonelSanders
Rep

I'm here because I want to learn what I can about my car, the platform, tuning, mods etc, just like most others.
-I don't know either you or Andrew beyond posts here and on facebook.
-I dont care who is right or wrong in this discussion.
-I'm just looking for data on any/all solutions here.
-There are a lot of people who I disagree with yet still work with, or purchase from
-Without getting into who said what to who, Andrew is trying to take the high road here.

But man, please work on not attacking every single person in here who does not agree with you. Put the facts up for everyone to see, and if they are worth anything, they will stand on their own.
Closed Thread