E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > iDrive keeps rebooting + door look issue

06-02-2018, 05:47 PM   #1
lucius
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Unhappy iDrive keeps rebooting + door look issue

I have an 06 E90 330i manual

First issue - CCC Nav/Radio not working:

Radio and nav used to come on but now over the year the iDrive is to the point where nothing comes on anymore.
All my iDrive does is constantly goes through a rebooting cycle.
Are there any tests I can perform before sending my CCC unit out for repairs? ISTA does report there is an issue with my CCC.
What is the forums consensus on bmwlogicseven.com?

Second Issue - Unable to lock using fob:
I am no longer able to lock my car using the fob. It stopped working about a couple of weeks ago.
I can unlock the doors and trunk release but not lock at all.
I am able to lock all the doors by pressing the center console lock button and by manually locking the doors using the key.
I've tried disconnecting the fuse and also the battery but this did not resolve my issue.
There was one time when I was able to lock the door and it was all done by accident.
This occurred when I was pumping gas. I recall opening the driver's door, pressing the center lock button to unlock all the doors while the drivers door was still open, closed the drivers door and pressed the lock button on the fob which locked all the doors. I was able to do this twice but never was able to get the doors to lock again using the fob.

Here's is what ISTA is reporting

Any suggestions will greatly be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 02:37 AM   #2
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

you need to check fuse to divesity amp and if it good to check if diversity module under third rear stoplight is getting power and working
to fix CCC it is easier to get 07+ CCC headunit which have 8-10 buttons and another faceplate because it is more reliable and code it to your car options
you may also conside to upgrade to CIC if you want to spend some money and get fresh genuine look
      06-05-2018, 07:02 PM   #3
lucius
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpending View Post
you need to check fuse to divesity amp and if it good to check if diversity module under third rear stoplight is getting power and working
to fix CCC it is easier to get 07+ CCC headunit which have 8-10 buttons and another faceplate because it is more reliable and code it to your car options
you may also conside to upgrade to CIC if you want to spend some money and get fresh genuine look
i checkout both the fuse and the module. nothing really seemed out of the ordinary. please know i am unable to unlock and trunk release but i am unable to lock my door using the fob.

are there any diys for 07+ccc upgrades? what specifically would i need to accomplish this?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 10:08 PM   #4
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucius View Post
i checkout both the fuse and the module. nothing really seemed out of the ordinary. please know i am unable to unlock and trunk release but i am unable to lock my door using the fob.

are there any diys for 07+ccc upgrades? what specifically would i need to accomplish this?

thanks
the more advanced diagnostics of the key fob functions requires bmw software and cable
CCC unit replacement almost straightthrough, replace headunit and new fascia (you may cut old fascia if you are dremel hero ) and code used unit to your car options using bmw software and cable or carly app
but diagnostics of the key fob can only be performed by bmw software