E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > mstyle bodykits

10-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

mstyle bodykits

went to mstyle today to ask about fitting of a new m sport kit seemed very helpful and their work seems good anyone had experience of them
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

i fitted a m5 kit for my mate who brought it from my style not enough paint on the front or rear bumper espeically around the brake ducts on the front, id just make sure they put enough paint on when you get the bumpers from them assuming there painting them.

Are they fitting the kit to, if so there be painting edge to edge so it would be worth paying a bit more to get them to blow the panels in. i,e, on the front bumper it joins the wings so maybe worth blending the wings in same with the rear. Depends how fussy you are sometimes you can get away without doing them, my mates was saphaire black and they used the wrong shade should have been blue tint but they used red thats a bit of a pain considering they had seen the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidee90 View Post
i fitted a m5 kit for my mate who brought it from my style not enough paint on the front or rear bumper espeically around the brake ducts on the front, id just make sure they put enough paint on when you get the bumpers from them assuming there painting them.

Are they fitting the kit to, if so there be painting edge to edge so it would be worth paying a bit more to get them to blow the panels in. i,e, on the front bumper it joins the wings so maybe worth blending the wings in same with the rear. Depends how fussy you are sometimes you can get away without doing them, my mates was saphaire black and they used the wrong shade should have been blue tint but they used red thats a bit of a pain considering they had seen the car.
not wanting panels painted as the car will be new! its metallic red and i think there is just one shade want them to fit as the front bumper is a apin although skirts and rear bumper i have done before and quite straightforward bit concerned about the lack of paint though
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Why would they try and blend plastic bumpers into the wings?

Surely using the same paint the colour will be slightly different on plastic than steel anyways?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
Czech335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i & E93 335i

I bought a kit from them some time ago.

I would pay twice as much and buy it from a BMW dealer just to avoid having to deal with them again.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
Why would they try and blend plastic bumpers into the wings?

Surely using the same paint the colour will be slightly different on plastic than steel anyways?
I have always had my panels blended, my friend worked in Berry BMW (one of the only few dealers who have their own bodyshop) and they always blend panels even if fitting bumpers. I have just had my paint shop do the same as i have had the front and rear bumpers painted on my mrs touring. Its up to the individual but i go on the advise of a chap who has been painting for 20+ years and if its what they do in a BMW bodyshop then its what id ask for even if you using a non BMW paintshop. Like i said its personal choice...

anyway back on topic as i mentioned before the lack of paint is something worth checking for. Just out of interest how much differance is their price compared to a main dealer, couldnt you fit the kit yourself dude its not that hard todo....
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
I have always had my panels blended, my friend worked in Berry BMW (one of the only few dealers who have their own bodyshop) and they always blend panels even if fitting bumpers. I have just had my paint shop do the same as i have had the front and rear bumpers painted on my mrs touring. Its up to the individual but i go on the advise of a chap who has been painting for 20+ years and if its what they do in a BMW bodyshop then its what id ask for even if you using a non BMW paintshop. Like i said its personal choice...

anyway back on topic as i mentioned before the lack of paint is something worth checking for. Just out of interest how much differance is their price compared to a main dealer, couldnt you fit the kit yourself dude its not that hard todo....
will ask dealer tomorrow as i said the skirts and rear bumper are easy but the frnt bumper entails a lot of bits changing and really dont fancy it the trouble with blending is the whole lot has to be re laquerd and a painted car is not worth as much as an original
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #8
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

New cars do getdamaged (mostly bumpers) from being unloaded they get painted. I dont think getting a car painted de values it if its been done to a high standard not many people even notice, my 2008 x5 has had paint because i had the front end painted doesnt make it worth any less it was done at an approved bodyshop and to a very high standard (i'm fussy when it comes to paintwork) how do you know your brand new car hasnt seen any paint?

The front bumper isnt that hard to do personaly id tackle it myself I'm sure there must be a DIY guide somewhere on the net to help u bud. If the car is new wouldnt it have been cheaper just to order it with the mtec kit and save yourself the headache.....
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #9
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

A mate of mine took his SE to Mstyle to get the Msport kit fiited and painted. Very poor job. He rejected it and asked them to do it again.

Find the bodyshop that your local BMW dealer uses and pay them a visit.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 05:23 PM   #10
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep

Quote:
New cars do getdamaged (mostly bumpers) from being unloaded they get painted. I dont think getting a car painted de values it if its been done to a high standard not many people even notice, my 2008 x5 has had paint because i had the front end painted doesnt make it worth any less it was done at an approved bodyshop and to a very high standard (i'm fussy when it comes to paintwork) how do you know your brand new car hasnt seen any paint?

The front bumper isnt that hard to do personaly id tackle it myself I'm sure there must be a DIY guide somewhere on the net to help u bud. If the car is new wouldnt it have been cheaper just to order it with the mtec kit and save yourself the headache.....
i would have but its vermllion red and its but available as an m sport my dealer has quoted me with a discount less for the kit than m style but i suspect the painting and fitting will be more but from what has ben said its probably worth it
Appreciate 0