E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Next BEST THING For Your E9x BMW! Exciting Times!

07-12-2017, 08:26 AM   #221
DustyLBottoms
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009/335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
Sorry.
Sadly pulling files over the wifi is much slower than taking the memory card out and uploading to your PC.

It's horribly slow. I'm not even sure it's 802.11g, maybe b?
Koni Yellows/Eibach Pro Kit/M3 upper & lower control arms/VRSF downpipes/Big Tom FMIC/Cobb AccessPort/BMS DCI/Oil catch can/M3 replica lip spoiler/Mtech rear w/ color matched diffuser/Turner Motorsports wheel studs/Front strut bar/15mm wheel spacers/BMW Performance Knob/335is Clutch
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #222
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyLBottoms View Post
It's horribly slow. I'm not even sure it's 802.11g, maybe b?
Yeah it is easier to pull the card out and plug it into your PC or Smartphone's card reader to get your video clips.

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 01:43 PM   #223
ccourteau82
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i | MT |

Just installed this yesterday. Easy install, no issues at all thanks to all the feedback in this thread. Talk about the deal of the century, assuming of course that this thing lasts.

The only struggle I had was getting the WIFI SSID and password changes to take effect. You effectively have to cycle power on it which means a long press on the power button then releasing, if done right all the leds should go out. Once the ignition is turned on again it takes a couple min but you should see the new WIFI name broadcast.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 04:20 PM   #224
kolhozbrothers
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

I remember you from E46fanatics.

Quote:
Finally we get an OEM Style Plug and Play full feature 1080p DVR Hidden Dash Cam made for all the E9x cars!

I did an unboxing video and this kit is BEAUTIFUL!

Can't wait to install it and do a DIY video and write up!

I bought it here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 02:39 PM   #225
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolhozbrothers View Post
I remember you from E46fanatics.
Hey! Yeah I'm still here.

lol

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 02:47 PM   #226
blowbackpolicy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Does anyone know if this works with a Blendmount radar detector mirror mount?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 03:04 PM   #227
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowbackpolicy View Post
Does anyone know if this works with a Blendmount radar detector mirror mount?
I have no experience with Blendmount kits but.....
Based on these two images I would say YES!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 12:21 PM   #228
spain4065
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: EM1 and 08 135i

Did anyone install the module yet and if so how do you utilize the features advertised?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 08:24 AM   #229
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spain4065 View Post
Did anyone install the module yet and if so how do you utilize the features advertised?
I think everyone is scared to...

A few pages back I think one guy in either Canada, Australia or Europe that got the kit said they did install the module and it worked well with his car.

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 07:21 PM   #230
alep85
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i, 2023 M340i xDrive

Now that some folks here have owned it for a bit, how has the reliability been?

Also, does the power cut out after 2-3 minutes of the car being off? Or does the motion detection work and draw power even when the car is off for long periods of time?

I'm a bit afraid to plug something into my wife's E90 electrical system if the camera has a history of failing in short order! But I really like the integrated design and the plug and play power feature!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 12:21 AM   #231
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spain4065 View Post
I used it for a while and then removed it. The only major think I know it did was close all windows and sunroof when you locked the car. I didn't like it be cause I leave my sunroof open on occasion to vent the car.
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 07:03 AM   #232
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alep85 View Post
Now that some folks here have owned it for a bit, how has the reliability been?

Also, does the power cut out after 2-3 minutes of the car being off? Or does the motion detection work and draw power even when the car is off for long periods of time?

I'm a bit afraid to plug something into my wife's E90 electrical system if the camera has a history of failing in short order! But I really like the integrated design and the plug and play power feature!
No issues. I love it. My secret is once installed I try not to tamper with it or remove the memory card frequently.

I had it in my car the longest than most in this forum since I started this thread and I've had no issues.

If you want the camera to stay ON after you turn off the car for the motion/parking security camera then you need to use the other FUSE PANEL harness and tap it into an ALWAYS HOT/ALWAYS ON power source. If you use the plug and play harness then the camera stops recording and turns itself off 30 seconds after taking the key out and unlocking the car. It then turns on automatically and start recording when you return and start your engine.

Everything works well and for $100 you are getting a great deal on a dash cam tailored just for your car!

Only gripe I can think of is the CYHY App is slow to download clips over the in-car WIFI but I just eject the memory card from the camera
and get video files thru my media card reader on my phone or laptop.

Also I would like a reverse camera feature that films the cabin (favouring the driver's side seat and window and full rear window of the car) for those rear end hits and police stops. Like the picture below. I would like to eventually install a second camera for this reason for another perspective.
Attached Images

Last edited by delmarco; 07-24-2017 at 11:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 04:24 PM   #233
jcrisp415
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i E90 LCI N51 AlpWhite

my experience with it

I've had it a couple weeks and it mostly works well. But there are some mysterious things about the camera. Once I got the problem others here have described with it getting stuck... it stopped recording but was powered on, even after turning off the car (and seemed to be overheating a bit). And then the app said it isn't connecting or the SD card is missing... I forgot there's a reset button so I actually unplugged the power to get it back working again. A couple of other times, the light was blue instead of green. I don't know why... I pulled over and turned the car off and on, and it went back to operating normally.

Mine is powered from the dome light wiring but it still works sometimes when the car is off and parked... I'm trying to figure that mystery out. Most nights, it records like once or twice, randomly. I've had nights where it recorded 9 seconds about very 20-30 minutes, which also seemed to be random. It may have been the "parking monitor"... i still can't figure out how that works. Anyone understand these settings much?

The chip module thing seems to work too, but I got the same problem with the sunroof only going up/down/vent... haven't done the reset yet, but I plan to soon.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 10:54 AM   #234
I M LEGEND
Private
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
No issues. I love it. My secret is once installed I try not to tamper with it or remove the memory card frequently.

I had it in my car the longest than most in this forum since I started this thread and I've had no issues.

If you want the camera to stay ON after you turn off the car for the motion/parking security camera then you need to use the other FUSE PANEL harness and tap it into an ALWAYS HOT/ALWAYS ON power source. If you use the plug and play harness then the camera stops recording and turns itself off 30 seconds after taking the key out and unlocking the car. It then turns on automatically and start recording when you return and start your engine.

Everything works well and for $100 you are getting a great deal on a dash cam tailored just for your car!

Only gripe I can think of is the CYHY App is slow to download clips over the in-car WIFI but I just eject the memory card from the camera
and get video files thru my media card reader on my phone or laptop.

Also I would like a reverse camera feature that films the cabin (favouring the driver's side seat and window and full rear window of the car) for those rear end hits and police stops. Like the picture below. I would like to eventually install a second camera for this reason for another perspective.

How is the date/time set? Is it automatic?

How would you "lock" a video, for instance right after you saw an accident or something? Basically make it easier to find later or not have it overwritten.

Have you gone on any long drives? Issues with the camera getting hot?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 05:03 PM   #235
I M LEGEND
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
Got the one in today for my wife's 328i. Install when without a hitch. Stick the key in, power on...... Magic electric smoke of death... Connections were all correct too.

Anyone else have this issue? Pretty scary
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2017, 03:11 PM   #236
nsjames
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi Touring

bought one. Just installed it.

No issues with the installation hardware. If you pull the grommet out of the headliner you can stuff the 12v camera connector through there and get a perfectly factory looking install.

The software is another matter.
It's been removed from the google play store, so you have to download the .apk straight from a chinese site. Then it wants access to accounts, because wifi, and that's sketchy.
It also does not agree with my moto g5 running nougat. 100% failure to chooch. I put it on my dated Nexus 7 tablet and it worked fine. Beware if you're running a current version of android, cause the softwares probably not gonna work. I did not try to run it in blluestacks or another emulator.
Frankly it's pretty terrible anyhow and other than configuring resolution and time, you shouldn't ever use it again.
I'll simply toss an OTG cable and a microsd card reader in the glove box if I ever need to pull a clip on the side of the road.

so, it's good, it works, software completely blows and I would not expect updates, ever.
honestly, I'd be tempted to buy the OE headlight sensor housing and stick a mobius in it next time. Probably would have been cheaper, and not reliant on closed source crappy china software.

edit:
I'll pull the sd card tonight and poke around in there, but I suspect that date/time and whatnot can be set via an ini file, thus negating the need for the suspect software entirely.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 10:47 PM   #237
I M LEGEND
Private
Rep

Any update on how the clock can be set without having to access the app with each restart?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 10:58 PM   #238
rathana_v
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Where can I find the app for Android?...and I got a lost SOS signal warning.any fix?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 06:56 PM   #239
MTK24
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335I X Drive

How has this lasted?

I have heard after a week of recording the wires go to shit and the dom lights stop working
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 01:40 AM   #240
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

Still have two going strong.
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 08:50 PM   #241
alep85
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i, 2023 M340i xDrive

I have one of these in my wife's car.

Occasionally, the harness shorts out and causes an airbag light fault. I have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to go away.

Past that, seems to work OK. I probably wouldn't buy another one, I'm not putting one in my 335i.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 01:26 AM   #242
MTK24
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335I X Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by alep85 View Post
I have one of these in my wife's car.

Occasionally, the harness shorts out and causes an airbag light fault. I have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to go away.

Past that, seems to work OK. I probably wouldn't buy another one, I'm not putting one in my 335i.
what settings do you have your's on?

is it 1080 record with sound? Do you have parking sensor on? What memory card do you use