E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Lease buyout question

03-25-2014, 03:40 PM   #1
fizzerd
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i

Lease buyout question

Buddy's got a mini with the lease expiring soon and wants to keep the car so need some advise on the best way to finance the loan.

Called the original dealership and they want a $699 lease buyout fee, $50 lien fee and $25 MTO fee for the ownership transfer.

Is the $699 lease buyout fee true or BS? Rates are 2.9% for 4 years and 3.9%for 5 years..

Any advise would be helpful!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 06:07 PM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

dealer can charge a buyout fee. No set amount and dealer can charge whatever.

Explore another way by calling up BMWFS and see if you can do it directly and the fee may be lowered or waived ???
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 06:25 PM   #3
grzes
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 335d LCI

and that is why all should have been negotiated before leasing starts. Negotiate if you decide to buy it or just drop it, have it in writing on the contract. Ask your friend if those options are not mentioned already, as I remember I always had them in my leasing contracts as I always wanted to know how much it will cost me at the end to walk away or if I keep it to buy it out and believe me, prior leasing started they are very willing to bend those extra fees just for you to take a lease Once again, ask your friend if it is not already there
Appreciate 0