E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > You're a cashier but you can't make change?

02-25-2019, 09:28 PM   #67
charlie fairmont
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: His & hers, GC & X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I'm in Starbucks this morning and the man in front of me orders his coffee. He pulls out a $10 bill and then 3 quarters after the cashier already entered $10 as amount tendered. Doe in headlights! I can see the panic on her face. She is trying to count on her fingers, which seems to confuse her even more. Her hand is in the change drawer picking up coins, then thinking twice and putting them back. I think she is about to hyperventilate. The man eventually tells her 14 cents...
Who prefers four pennies and a dime to three quarters?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 09:44 PM   #68
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

Its easy to blame her if youre dealing with change and numbers all day long, the mind gets fatigued and foggy,

and they rely on the register so much amd are under pressure to be quick and keep the line moving , amd dont want to giveout too much money, so.they are too cautious

Overall i dont think ppls math skills are emphasized enough in schools

I blame parents of these 20 yr olds , its your own responsibility to teach your kids right from wrong and not the govt or the schools
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 09:46 PM   #69
13511b
Rep
Drives: 135i

thats me, dumb AF...
Appreciate 0