E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Match Up 7BMW settings

06-23-2020, 05:59 PM   #23
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
But 6spcoupe you are a professional
I just kinda wing it though !

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 06:00 PM   #24
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE90 View Post
I have come a long way since you originally got me up and running with that match amp I got from you. I've been tempted to buy/try those Jehnert Doors. The under seats are still going strong.
Always great to hear !

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 06:03 PM   #25
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep

Quote:
He's like Blue Apron or Hello Fresh of car audio.
I appreciate that.

It is definitely not wrong to have different ears, not always necessarily a professional, take a listen and adjust though. Competent and with some idea of what they're doing but sometime fresh ears could surprise you, in a good way.

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 07:28 PM   #26
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
He's like Blue Apron or Hello Fresh of car audio.
Haha yes, but you can also take those ingredients back to Don and let him whip them together for you!
      06-23-2020, 07:40 PM   #27
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
Haha yes, but you can also take those ingredients back to Don and let him whip them together for you!

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 08:36 PM   #28
SEE90
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 328i sedan monaco blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns11jat View Post
Quote:
I have come to continuously adjust the sound ever since I bought it looking for that perfect setup to my ears. I've learned that this can change from day to day and can always make it sound better depending on allergies, sinus pressure or whatever natural subtle changes I hear. I've come to actually enjoy that process quite a bit, just to see how different Xover points and eq settings sound. I bought a Dayton audio calibrated mic, the cheap one, and used the built in RTA. I was able to get a lot of good setups by running that and then adjusting by ear. I'm not sure if I will ever really stop playing around with it.
That is exactly whats happening with me. I downloaded the F30 Limousine tune from the audiotec fischer website and started to tweak the settings. I keep thinking it sounds great and then the next time I start up the car it sounds mediocre at best. Not sure where or even IF I'll be able to get the perfect tune for this amp as most of the posts seems to be for the F series. Meanwhile I'm thinking about adding in an active sub to get a bit more out of the lower frequency
I've had the best luck with the two Reference curves I found online: Harman Curve and another file. Loaded those into AudioTools RTA and then a little fine tuning after that. I've been able to leave things alone with those two tunes. I think just one car audio forum shows up if you google Harman Curve Car Audio. Both of those txt reference files are there.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 09:04 PM   #29
apirumann
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 335i, 99 E46 323i

I did not read all the answers but Match is a brand of AudioTec Fisher, a german hifi company. Bavsound Revenant and Bimmertech Premium are also Match UP 7BMW and PP86DSP, respectively. If you go to audiotec's website. There is a database where you can download the default sound settings for your application.

The link--> https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...ase/soundIndex

For example, I downloaded the Convertible sound settings for the UP 7BMW.

I need to emphasize that this setup will assume you have factory speakers. So, if you installed aftermarket components, it may not sound right.
Attached Images

Last edited by apirumann; 07-24-2020 at 09:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 10:15 PM   #30
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apirumann View Post
I did not read all the answers but Match is a brand of AudioTec Fisher, a german hifi company. Bavsound Revenant and Bimmertech Premium are also Match UP 7BMW and PP86DSP, respectively. If you go to audiotec's website. There is a database where you can download the default sound settings for your application.

I need to emphasize that this setup will assume you have factory speakers. So, if you installed aftermarket components, it may not sound right.
All correct but, unless they have since changed it, the Bavsound units are locked from doing your own tuning. Which is crap and like having an M3 with a 40mph speed limiter. For the cost of admission (the same as the UP 7BMW) you should be free to do as you wish with it.

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 10:27 PM   #31
apirumann
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe View Post
All correct but, unless they have since changed it, the Bavsound units are locked from doing your own tuning. Which is crap and like having an M3 with a 40mph speed limiter. For the cost of admission (the same as the UP 7BMW) you should be free to do as you wish with it.
Good point! I never owned Bavsound (or Bimmertech) so I did not know that they could not be tuned.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 10:32 PM   #32
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good point! I never owned Bavsound (or Bimmertech) so I did not know that they could not be tuned.
It's only the Bavsound, Bimmertech you can do as you wish (as it should be).

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 10:55 PM   #33
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

didn't know that Bimmertech and Bavsound had DRM locks
on there Units. I won't tell anyone to buy from them after learning
this.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 11:00 PM   #34
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
didn't know that Bimmertech and Bavsound had DRM locks
on there Units. I won't tell anyone to buy from them after learning
this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe View Post
It's only the Bavsound, Bimmertech you can do as you wish (as it should be).
Bimmertech is all good.

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 02:08 AM   #35
SEE90
Private
Rep

Quote:

The link--> https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...ase/soundIndex

Yeah the default profiles on Audiotec Fishers website sound horrible with Morel Hybrids and Jehnerts. I have it so dialed in right now I'm not sure how much better I can get without adding a trunk sub.

Weighted A Harman reference curve plus mild adjustment, TA and turning the gain on the rears down to minus twenty are the biggest help. I've finally got air* and near perfect wide stage. It's like Taylor Swift walking away from the mic to far stage left during the recording and hearing her try to quietly slip out a fart. Turning the rears down to an inaudible level snapped the stage dead center with no more drifting slightly to the right on some songs and left on others. I wasn't aware of how much it was throwing a wrench into things.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 11:19 AM   #36
apirumann
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yeah the default profiles on Audiotec Fishers website sound horrible with Morel Hybrids and Jehnerts. I have it so dialed in right now I'm not sure how much better I can get without adding a trunk sub.

Weighted A Harman reference curve plus mild adjustment, TA and turning the gain on the rears down to minus twenty are the biggest help. I've finally got air* and near perfect wide stage. It's like Taylor Swift walking away from the mic to far stage left during the recording and hearing her try to quietly slip out a fart. Turning the rears down to an inaudible level snapped the stage dead center with no more drifting slightly to the right on some songs and left on others. I wasn't aware of how much it was throwing a wrench into things.
From what I read, a sound system needs to be calibrated for aftermarket loudspeakers because of the response curves of the components being different. Unfortunately, I do not know anybody in my area who does that. I will try to do that with an RTA software myself once I add the aftermarket speakers. Is that how you did it? Or did you just tune by the ear?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 12:23 PM   #37
SEE90
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

From what I read, a sound system needs to be calibrated for aftermarket loudspeakers because of the response curves of the components being different. Unfortunately, I do not know anybody in my area who does that. I will try to do that with an RTA software myself once I add the aftermarket speakers. Is that how you did it? Or did you just tune by the ear?
I did it with a calibrated cheap Dayton audio microphone using the audiotools app on my phone. You can download the Harman txt file to your phone for audio tools. Select A weighted.
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2020, 07:17 AM   #38
SEE90
Private
Rep

Just saw the software update and it added the Auto TA. Just noting that it's an great addition to this amp.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 01:25 AM   #39
E92x7z
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 330

and what are your exact settings
underseats Hz and slope ?
mids Hz and slope ?
Tweeters Hz and slope ?
and yes new Soft is a better have resets and more settings Helix DPS develop
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 02:05 AM   #40
SEE90
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92x7z View Post
mids Hz and slope ?
Tweeters Hz and slope ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92x7z View Post
mids Hz and slope ?
Tweeters Hz and slope ?
45-190hz for the under seat woofers -- Linkwitz 24-24 0dB gain

Mids- passive tweets - 150hz Linkwitz 24 -3dB gain

Rears- 249 Hz. -15dB gain

Overall gain is +7
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2020, 12:21 PM   #41
SEE90
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
Quote:
I have come to continuously adjust the sound ever since I bought it looking for that perfect setup to my ears. I've learned that this can change from day to day and can always make it sound better depending on allergies, sinus pressure or whatever natural subtle changes I hear. I've come to actually enjoy that process quite a bit, just to see how different Xover points and eq settings sound. I bought a Dayton audio calibrated mic, the cheap one, and used the built in RTA. I was able to get a lot of good setups by running that and then adjusting by ear. I'm not sure if I will ever really stop playing around with it.
I've always used the analogy of a great tune being like a gourmet meal. You know it when you taste/hear it, but you simply can't do the cooking/tuning yourself. That's why for a gourmet meal, you go to a 5-star restaurant, and for a great tune, you let a professional do it. If you can live with your own "cooking", and enjoy doing it, then go ahead, but be conscious of the fact that you are not tasting/hearing the absolute best that could be.
I'm finally going to add a sub. It's a IDMax 12 and I was going to do an IB setup. Was going to double up 3/4" ply and screw it into the seat. What length screws did you use and were they metal or wood screws? Not sure how thick the metal is in the back of the seat.
Appreciate 0