E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Passenger Side Daytime Running light Won't turn on.

09-02-2020, 10:50 AM   #1
Kamoflage
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Passenger Side Daytime Running light Won't turn on.

Hey guys. So I recently upgraded my OEM headlights to some new LED ones. (I'll try to get the best pic I can while here at the office.) Everything seemed to be plug and play aside from a black ground wire that I needed to connect to a metal source. That was Easy enough. For a few hours the LED cluster strip on the top portion of my headlights worked fine but, the next day my passenger side LEDS went out. I can't get them to turn back on. I also find that when I push my HIGH BEAM lever FORWARD (to lock in the higbeam function) the high beams do not stay on. However, if I pull the beam lever towards my self (as if to quickly flash the high beams for a second) it does flash the beams. I noticed a light error on my dash as well. One for adaptive headlights (which was there already and expected as my OEM headlights were toast) and a newer error icon for what looks to be the beams. I plan on checking my fuses just to be sure, and I already purchased a Carly Adaptor for some little coding features. Do you guus think this has to do with maybe some coding issues, fuzes, or something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also a side question: can the Carly adaptor code my light issues in the event that my car activated some sort of "short circuit protection"?🤔
Attached Images

Appreciate 0