E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Forget Casey BMW Newport News VA

07-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
michaelc3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 M3 vert

Forget Casey BMW Newport News VA

I picked up a set of DPE wheels. It took me a few months to find a way of getting them to work with TPMS. I finally got the TPMS installed and the tires mounted. When I went to install them on the car, I couldn't find the key for the OEM BMW wheel locks. I went to Casey and asked if they could get the car in the shop and have the tech use the set of shop keys to take off just the 4 wheel locks and replace them with bolts that I already had. They told me they don't have a set of keys for the wheel locks in the shop. I asked what they would do if a customer has a flat tire and can't find the key and I was told that they would drill out the wheel locks. He told me it was cheaper for them that way rather than the shop having to purchase wheel lock keys. So, rather than the shop having a set, they will drill out your locks, possibly damage the wheel and then charge you shop time for drilling plus a new wheel lock or bolt. What a joke. I went to Autohaus in Yorktown. They pulled the car into the shop, pulled off the locks and replaced them with regular wheel bolts, all for no charge. I then ordered a key for the locks. When I went to pick up the key, they had received more locks. I pointed this out to the salesman and he gave me the locks for free plus re-ordered the key. Forget about Casey BMW. I will be going back to Autohaus for all my parts, they were even cheaper on all the parts than Casey.
Appreciate 0