E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > Need Guidance for Hood/Front Bumper Upgrade!

03-07-2014, 09:24 AM   #1
Johnny777
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08' 335xi

Need Guidance for Hood/Front Bumper Upgrade!

Need Guidance. A flatbed truck hit a bump in front of me on hwy and a few pieces of wood and rocks flew out and chewed up my hood and bumper. I am using this as a reason to upgrade and need advice in options for front bumper, hood, and possibly head lights as well as best BMW body shops on front range ... and also how to best report this to my insurance to get most coverage. All above for an E90 --Informed experience would be greatly appreciated !
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 10:00 AM   #2
thaar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i x-drive MHD

I'm not sure how to get the most from your insurance company. They'll send an adjuster out to inspect the damage. Just be sure to point out EVERYTHING, even if it didn't happen with this incident.

As for body shops, Murray has a body shop called Bodyworks that is supposedly the only BMW certified body shop in Colorado. I had my car there last year from a wreck and was not all that impressed. They were ill-informed, poor communicators and took forever to complete the work. My car was originally purchased from Murray with upgrades, so one would think it would have been easy for them to identify parts to order. Not so much. The end result was good, but it was a headache to get to that point. As such, I probably wouldn't go there again.

I have heard that Pro Auto Collision in Centennial (Jordan and Arapahoe) is good and have seen it recommended by a few people. AlpineSwift has recommended Auto Image.

I'm not all that well informed about different hoods and bumpers so check out the Cosmetic forum here. I believe many people pick up their parts from **********s though.

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing the end result!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #3
raceyBMW
king of the hills
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 w/ESS55, 2001 540i/6

Garage List
2001 BMW 540i/6  [8.17]
1994 530i  [9.00]
2007 335i Coupe  [8.37]
What did 'm o d b a r g a i n s' do to be banned from E90post?

Definitely check out the Costmetic/exterior subforum, there is tons of good info there. I recently got an Msport bumper from JGMods for my E92. Haven't gotten it painted yet, but the quality looks great, price is right, and fitment is supposed to be like OEM from other reviews.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #4
thaar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i x-drive MHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceyBMW View Post
What did 'm o d b a r g a i n s' do to be banned from E90post?
No doubt, didn't realize that happened. Good catch!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 01:19 PM   #5
Johnny777
Enlisted Member
Rep

My insurance has to pay for it. The story is like out of a bad movie. I was driving my mother from DIA to Univ Colo Cancer Hospital off 225 / Colfax and we were on an important time line so I couldn't slow roll these chumps and get their info.

My insurance works with a recommended "Auto Image Collision" in Castle Rock... any experiences?

Questions Everyone - I have the option of having it appraised and paid out up front rather than taking it to a shop. Here is the thing ... I love detailed 3s but I am more of a BMW guy because of how I drive and my E90 is my DD. I am planning on putting at least 150k on this car over the next 6 years because of my commute to Fort Carson through the Springs and we all know that is a blender for the front of anything low profile. What should I do taking in account my lady is going to get chewed up no matter what? My buddy thinks I should keep the bumper and get a carbon fiber hood cuz it would go well with my Sparkling Graphite paint and just embrace the drivin hard look. (Seriously I replaced 2 windshields in 10 months last year)
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 01:20 PM   #6
Johnny777
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaar View Post
I'm not sure how to get the most from your insurance company. They'll send an adjuster out to inspect the damage. Just be sure to point out EVERYTHING, even if it didn't happen with this incident.

As for body shops, Murray has a body shop called Bodyworks that is supposedly the only BMW certified body shop in Colorado. I had my car there last year from a wreck and was not all that impressed. They were ill-informed, poor communicators and took forever to complete the work. My car was originally purchased from Murray with upgrades, so one would think it would have been easy for them to identify parts to order. Not so much. The end result was good, but it was a headache to get to that point. As such, I probably wouldn't go there again.

I have heard that Pro Auto Collision in Centennial (Jordan and Arapahoe) is good and have seen it recommended by a few people. AlpineSwift has recommended Auto Image.

I'm not all that well informed about different hoods and bumpers so check out the Cosmetic forum here. I believe many people pick up their parts from **********s though.

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing the end result!
good stuff ... much appreciated ... questions above
Appreciate 0