E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Phone cradle without USB?

02-10-2020, 01:17 AM   #1
najericam
Private
Malta
Rep
Drives: 320D - E93

Phone cradle without USB?

Hey all. I have an e93 2008 with phone cradle but no USB from factory. All that I ever had was MULF2 with only BT. Now I replaced it with MULF2 HI and USB is in the trunk at the moment. Thinking of passing it in the armrest but now I'm a bit confused. Shall I install HUB or no? I'm looking and from what I got HUB is used if there is a phone cradle or I'm wrong? Confusing thing is that I have phone cradle from factory but no USB. How this can be wired?

Actually I don't need phone cradle, USB and BT are more than enough, but I like to keep things OEM. If anyone knows are there options from factory with MULF2 HI and USB only, directly connected to the MULF, or HUB was included in any case? As I can not find a proper OEM cable for this. Only one that I managed to find is MULF to HUB and HUB to USB in armrest. I know it will work without HUB, but as I said, if that was only option from factory I'm looking in that direction. Plus, what second USB can be used for if I don't want cradle? USB in armrest? Any idea or information is appreciated. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 11:19 PM   #2
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

yes, it is possible to have 6fl without 6nf and without usb hub
i've disassembled one e92 and saw factory hsd cable going to armrest over tunnel under central tunnel plastic