E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > great used carss ltd,,has anyone ever heard or know of these

02-27-2020, 02:25 PM   #1
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

great used carss ltd,,has anyone ever heard or know of these

as title,,they are a company which do this...i have tried checking and even been on their website live chat,,just need to know if they are legitimate,,here is their website https://great-cars-used.com/vehicles...-series?page=3
The "2015 BMW 6 Series 640d M Sport 4dr Auto - UCS4497" is still available. It was registered on 18-Dec-15. Last MOT: 13-Jan-20 (Mileage: 38,589). Mot expires on 12-Jan-21.
The VIN# is: WBA6E22060GA38716, it has 1 previous owner and the actual mileage is: 39,529.
The car has no accidents, it passed all inspections and comes with a clean title. It is a non-smoking vehicle, has 2 keys, service history up to date, clear HPI, log book present.
The interior is very clean and tidy. The body has no scratches, dents or dings. Please check the pictures.
Here you have some additional technical data: ENGINE SIZE - 2,993 cc; HP - 310; AVERAGE MILES PER GALLON - 49.6; CAR TAX - £200; INSURANCE GROUP - high.

We win vehicles at auctions all over the country. The cars have been taken over by the government or by financial institutions or banks from people with financial woes and cannot pay for the loans that they made. Local pick-up is not available.
Most of the vehicles are stored at the parking lots of banks and financial institutions.
They don't have showrooms or specialized people in order to offer this service. They are pressing us to take the car from there as soon as possible.
In order to avoid unnecessary shipping costs, we prefer to find a buyer(dealer) and deliver the car directly to his address.
Private buyers can buy from us if they accept the terms and conditions listed. It is unusual for purchasing a car in this manner;
most of the private buyers want to see and test the vehicle and we do not have those options so we are mostly dealing with car dealers.

Please read our FAQ and HOW IT WORKS on the website and you will understand the entire process.If you have further questions I am here to help
https://great-cars-used.com/faq
https://great-cars-used.com/how
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 02:31 PM   #2
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasa bmw View Post
as title,,they are a company which do this...i have tried checking and even been on their website live chat,,just need to know if they are legitimate,,here is their website https://great-cars-used.com/vehicles...-series?page=3
The "2015 BMW 6 Series 640d M Sport 4dr Auto - UCS4497" is still available. It was registered on 18-Dec-15. Last MOT: 13-Jan-20 (Mileage: 38,589). Mot expires on 12-Jan-21.
The VIN# is: WBA6E22060GA38716, it has 1 previous owner and the actual mileage is: 39,529.
The car has no accidents, it passed all inspections and comes with a clean title. It is a non-smoking vehicle, has 2 keys, service history up to date, clear HPI, log book present.
The interior is very clean and tidy. The body has no scratches, dents or dings. Please check the pictures.
Here you have some additional technical data: ENGINE SIZE - 2,993 cc; HP - 310; AVERAGE MILES PER GALLON - 49.6; CAR TAX - £200; INSURANCE GROUP - high.

We win vehicles at auctions all over the country. The cars have been taken over by the government or by financial institutions or banks from people with financial woes and cannot pay for the loans that they made. Local pick-up is not available.
Most of the vehicles are stored at the parking lots of banks and financial institutions.
They don't have showrooms or specialized people in order to offer this service. They are pressing us to take the car from there as soon as possible.
In order to avoid unnecessary shipping costs, we prefer to find a buyer(dealer) and deliver the car directly to his address.
Private buyers can buy from us if they accept the terms and conditions listed. It is unusual for purchasing a car in this manner;
most of the private buyers want to see and test the vehicle and we do not have those options so we are mostly dealing with car dealers.

Please read our FAQ and HOW IT WORKS on the website and you will understand the entire process.If you have further questions I am here to help
https://great-cars-used.com/faq
https://great-cars-used.com/how
here is what they said in the live chat..s car?

You must register on our website first and after that click on “Reserve” button. After the reserve is completed, please reply to the email our system will send automatically and ask for the payment details. We work with Stripe.com, they are our payment processor. You will receive a Stripe Connect bank account, that will act as third party and hold your payment until the car is delivered to your address. After the car is delivered and you will have the chance to inspect it, you will have two options. Keep the car or refuse it. If you accept it, Stripe Connect transfers the payment to us and all the paperwork is signed. If you refuse the car, we take it back for free and Stripe Connect refund the payment at your bank account. There are no hidden costs involved and the delivery is free. Since we are an online based company, this is an up to date and modern way to buy nowadays. The temporary bank account will be created on your name, for this reason you will be the sender and also the receiver of the transfer. is this site dodgy or wat,,is it to good teec,ive checked on company house and they exist etc o be true et
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 03:11 PM   #3
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Sounds shady to me. Just all a bit undeserving of trust.

Stripe are well known and to be trusted, but the Connect setup just seems weird, and I'd be worried that they'd dump the vehicle on you and be off with your money. Maybe if you can find some more information on using stripe connect as a mediator, and how safe it is, it could give you some insight.

Otherwise, it sounds like there's not much to lose. If you truly can refuse the car and keep your money, it's pretty similar to a private sale I guess.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 03:47 PM   #4
aaronblack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92

Soon as I read they hold the funds whilst we deliver the car ...

Don't know any of the two, but haven't people been doing this on eBay/Autotrader?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 08:46 PM   #5
N57
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 325D M Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 325D  [0.00]
I'd avoid personally, "Great Used Carss" shows nothing on a basic google search. That might be enough info to put you off
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 02:07 AM   #6
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

yeh,,and the 2 cars im looking at just seem too cheap..even fro a repossession..here is one of them https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...1605452903733/
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 02:08 AM   #7
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep

Wait, they're advertising on Facebook, not their own website??
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 02:09 AM   #8
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Sounds shady to me. Just all a bit undeserving of trust.

Stripe are well known and to be trusted, but the Connect setup just seems weird, and I'd be worried that they'd dump the vehicle on you and be off with your money. Maybe if you can find some more information on using stripe connect as a mediator, and how safe it is, it could give you some insight.

Otherwise, it sounds like there's not much to lose. If you truly can refuse the car and keep your money, it's pretty similar to a private sale I guess.
im worried about no car and off with the cash,,i was going to go to the bank and ask them
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 02:34 AM   #9
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep

True, that would be a worse outcome. Either way, you'd want to know that the money was still under your control (or that if a trusted 3rd party).

Honestly mate, I think you're best to walk away. Nobody is going to sell something for nothing. I'm 99% sure it's too good to be true. No website, no premises, and weird payment setup....it's a no from me!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 02:42 AM   #10
N57
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 325D M Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 325D  [0.00]
https://www.facebook.com/GreatUsedCarss/
No reviews on the page aswell, their first post was 2 days ago.

You buy cheap, you buy twice pal
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 02:54 AM   #11
Dodsie75
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

"Most of the vehicles are stored at the parking lots of banks and financial institutions.
They don't have showrooms or specialized people in order to offer this service."
But yet it looks like it is parked at a dealer's or photo studio to take professional photos of it to sell?? It doesn't sound right to me.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 03:07 AM   #12
dragerboy
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D

'We win vehicles at auctions all over the country. The cars have been taken over by the government or by financial institutions or banks from people with financial woes and cannot pay for the loans that they made. Local pick-up is not available.
most of the private buyers want to see and test the vehicle and we do not have those options so we are mostly dealing with car dealers.'

There isn't a single statement in the above that sounds genuine.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 04:12 AM   #13
therealdb1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Graphite E93 335i

If you win an auction the seller will expect you to pay for an item and take it away asap. It will not be sitting around at the seller's premises waiting for a third party to buy it again.

No harm in reselling repossed items purchased at Police or Finance Company auctions but if you were setting up an enterprise to do this do you not think you would at least invest in your own website and not use Facebook?????

Also logging the full purchase price is nonsense. I bought my BMW from a dealer on the far side of the country before I had seen it. However, he had already made an offer on my part-exchange car on the basis of photos I sent him and requested a £250 deposit to hold my new car until I could get over there to see it. I had also spoken to him on the phone to arrange things not some online chat that could be anyone anywhere AND he has his own website.

Much lower risk than this OP.

Caveat Emptor!

Actually they do have a website of sorts but if these cars are stored in bank and financial institutions car parks do you not think it strange that all of their photos are taken in what appears to be a studio?

My previous comment applies and personally I would look elsewhere.

Last edited by therealdb1; 02-28-2020 at 04:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 08:34 AM   #14
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

yeh,,i noticed all the pics of cars are like auction pics,,all on a rotating wheel and done professionally,,but then they say they are stored all over the place at financial institutions and yhe likes,,no way would i pay 13k into their company,,thats why im asking etc,,just would like to hear if anyone,or anyone ever heard who has etc,,would be great though ha ha,,order car, send it back after 3 days,,repeat 1000 times ha ha,,free car me thinks
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 11:11 AM   #15
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

Certified Great Used Cars
1 Beacon Buildings
Yard23 Stramongate
Kendal
Cumbria
LA9 4BH
United Kingdom
Live Help and Email Support:
Monday-Friday 09:00-19:00
E-mail:
sales@private-used-car.net also on facebook there is a mobile number here it is +447467287174 ive checked the name on trust pilot but its weird...
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 12:26 AM   #16
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

also tried messaging a reputable repossessions company on auto trader,,guess what? they have never heard of them,,if this is true,,why have we not heard of folk getting scammed off them,,surely someone has paid money into them.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 01:41 AM   #17
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep

You're far too keen mate. If you're going to do it (I recommend you don't!), remember to post the outcome here...
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 02:00 AM   #18
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
You're far too keen mate. If you're going to do it (I recommend you don't!), remember to post the outcome here...
too late,ha ha ..ive bought a 640d..not from the ad though ha ha ..going to pick it up on tuesday..https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...0SERIES&page=2 great spec car,,id know someone who is very good with cars,,know him through facebook owners club..he went to check the car out for me,,,great forums for this kind of thing..lad lives 10 mins from the car etc
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 04:22 AM   #19
therealdb1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Graphite E93 335i

Obviously too much money burning a hole in your pocket

Looks nice apart from the red leather but that's my personal view, I'd rather have cream or black; each to their own.

Does that mean you are leaving us poor E9x er's behind now you are a 6sr owner, rasa?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 02:39 AM   #20
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdb1 View Post
Obviously too much money burning a hole in your pocket

Looks nice apart from the red leather but that's my personal view, I'd rather have cream or black; each to their own.

Does that mean you are leaving us poor E9x er's behind now you are a 6sr owner, rasa?
aint red,,its actually ox blood,,,vermillon rot (naby) is its title ..dont think i could live with proper bright red..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 10:35 AM   #21
mjn77
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 LCI Jerez Black

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
The original link now goes to https://crypto-news-street.com/lp/c0...e2&cpc=0.0121#

Proper scam.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 01:45 AM   #22
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

ha ha...i wonder if anyone actually parted with money,,,,
Appreciate 0