E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > 08 335i MT E92 A/C Compressor DIY Tips

05-13-2015, 11:48 PM   #1
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep
Drives: 15 F82 *SOLD*

08 335i MT E92 A/C Compressor DIY Tips

Im just kinda piggybacking on some other's posts, basically some things I encountered that were not chronicled(or I just didnt notice) in the diy's I looked at before doing the A/C compressor.
1. Make sure to disconnect negative battery cable considering you will be working next to the starter(I created a cool little spark with my ratchet when I started removing bolts on the compressor.
2. On my car to gain access to the front/bottom 13mm bolt holding the compressor to the block I had to loosen the 3 E12 torx bolts holding the power steering pump to the block. Once that was loose I was able to get my socket on the bottom bolt.
3. When removing(and subsequently installing new compressor) I went towards the firewall with the old one, and very easily slid it out/in.
4. If you do happen to find yourself under the car have a look around to see the state of things under there. I actually noticed something that needed addressing, and would have gone unnoticed if not for my being under there.

Other than that this job went as advertised, and maybe took me 3 hours start to finish. Good luck!
Appreciate 0