E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > MHD Burble Settings to Mimic PPK

04-14-2019, 12:05 PM   #1
ferocity02
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

MHD Burble Settings to Mimic PPK

Anyone know what the burble settings are to match the N55 PPK tune?

Duration
Aggressive
Min RPM
Min Speed

2013 135is DCT Carbon Black Metallic

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2019, 03:06 PM   #2
Supermoon
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335xi

Garage List
Just use the stock mhd settings.
Stock agressiveness.
D mode duration: 1
S mode duration: 2
Min rpm: 0
Min speed: 0
Not mimicking. It's the same thing.
Been on ppk map for 2 years and I can't tell the difference.
I set mine 1, 1.5, 1800, 0.
Always hated scaring off pedestrians unintentionally.
Pure Stage 1 | DV+ & Inlet | Injen Intake | M3 Cowl | ETS 5" FMIC & CP | Aquamist HFS4 Direct Port | CSF Radiator | Wagner Catted DP | BMW PE | Apex FL-5 | Michelin PS4S | 335is Engine mount | SDW Monoball thrust arms | UUC Swaybars & SS Brake lines | Bilstein B8 | Dinan Springs & Shock mounts | Whiteline RSFB | M3 Rear Control arms | Manzo Toe arms | Wavetrac LSD
Appreciate 1
Pladi718.00
      04-16-2019, 12:48 AM   #3
ferocity02
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

I ended up leaving the exhaust burble box unchecked and it sounds the same as PPK.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 05:48 AM   #4
Supermoon
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocity02 View Post
I ended up leaving the exhaust burble box unchecked and it sounds the same as PPK.
That's normal and I experienced the same when I was on OTS map. OTS map flash uses your stock map as the base map. A custom flash overwrites it so I had to check the box to get ppk burble back.
Pure Stage 1 | DV+ & Inlet | Injen Intake | M3 Cowl | ETS 5" FMIC & CP | Aquamist HFS4 Direct Port | CSF Radiator | Wagner Catted DP | BMW PE | Apex FL-5 | Michelin PS4S | 335is Engine mount | SDW Monoball thrust arms | UUC Swaybars & SS Brake lines | Bilstein B8 | Dinan Springs & Shock mounts | Whiteline RSFB | M3 Rear Control arms | Manzo Toe arms | Wavetrac LSD
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 07:40 AM   #5
bjf66
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
That's normal and I experienced the same when I was on OTS map. OTS map flash uses your stock map as the base map. A custom flash overwrites it so I had to check the box to get ppk burble back.
Basically does this mean I should stick to OTS maps if I only want to do OEM+ stuff and it should just use my stock map stuff, modify some table values?

I thought OTS maps were 100% flashes too, so a bit confused now.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 08:56 AM   #6
Supermoon
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karura View Post
Quote:
Basically does this mean I should stick to OTS maps if I only want to do OEM+ stuff and it should just use my stock map stuff, modify some table values?

No, it appears OTS maps partially modify some tables for compatibility.
You might be able to get your tuner to use what you have as the base map but I don't see a point in it.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 11:59 PM   #7
maddmatth
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, E92 335i

After a while even the PPK settings start to seem too obnoxious haha. I've set mine to, I think, 0.5 secs normal and 1 sec for sport, and I've set a min RPM I I think about 1800 (going from memory, might be off a bit).
I find stock settings can burble obnoxiously when your car is hot after a long drive and you're just trying to navigate a busy city street or parking lot...
Mind you my exhaust has the PPK mod (and some other differences) so it's a bit louder.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 12:51 AM   #8
lucasmiller2015
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karura View Post
Quote:

No, it appears OTS maps partially modify some tables for compatibility.
You might be able to get your tuner to use what you have as the base map but I don't see a point in it.
Just speculating here, but it would seem to me that of course the OTS maps are going to use the stock maps as a base and only change what is necessary for reliability and the desired power level. There's no point in redoing what already works, as any changes necessitate extra testing before they're released. That said, during the flashing process a backup of the stock map is saved and the entire map is erased before the new one is written (whether or not there are parts that stay the same). When you flash back to stock it uses the stock map that matches the DME hardware. Not sure if it uses the backup taken during the initial flash, but even if it doesn't I'd assume you can flash it using the custom map flash option.

Again, just speculation, but it makes sense to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Previous: 2011 E90 335i | Black Sapphire Metallic | 2007 E90 335i | Monaco Blue Metallic
Appreciate 0