E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vishnu Tuned 335i w/ AWD Billet Turbos!!! 450whp to Redline..

12-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #23
ultimateendz
Vengeance is mine, I shall repay
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3, CTS-V coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@AWD View Post
These have Billet Wheels with 39.6mm Inducer and Clipped rear wheel..

interesting....now this is JUST an observation i made with the EPLs, RBs, and Helix upgrades is that the wider the wheel the more power each seems to make...mine are 42mm wide and i think the RBs are a touch wider....what was the reason to stay under 40mm?
      12-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #24
AWD Motorsports
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: World's Quickest E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateendz View Post
interesting....now this is JUST an observation i made with the EPLs, RBs, and Helix upgrades is that the wider the wheel the more power each seems to make...mine are 42mm wide and i think the RBs are a touch wider....what was the reason to stay under 40mm?
Looking at EPL webpage they cannot have 42mm inducer Wheel.. the inside diameter of the front cover is showing 42mm thats not the wheel size.. The wheel must have clearance between the cover.. The helix from what i saw is a cast wheel not billet so the aeros on those does not compare to billet either.. I have not seen RB's yet to know.. What i do know is the compressor cover can only be machines so thin so i dont think 42+mm is possible IMO

Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 12:29 PM   #25
ultimateendz
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Looking at EPL webpage they cannot have 42mm inducer Wheel.. the inside diameter of the front cover is showing 42mm thats not the wheel size.. The wheel must have clearance between the cover.. The helix from what i saw is a cast wheel not billet so the aeros on those does not compare to billet either.. I have not seen RB's yet to know.. What i do know is the compressor cover can only be machines so thin so i dont think 42+mm is possible IMO

Mike
ok cool...maybe i misread that part....i will be interested to see these all match up one day on a dyno
      12-20-2010, 12:29 PM   #26
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
hey guys,
probably not a good idea to compare these results to other results taken on other types of dynos. The AWDMotorsports turbos work well and make solid power gains at high rpm. Just ran them using the off-the-self v4 map for 6mt upgraded turbos. Car wouldn't rev above 6400rpm at first because of the factory speed limiter. It wasn't until after several runs did I realize that (duh!) and enabled the speed delimiter in the Procede software.

Everything worked great until 19psi. Above that, it started to misfire at 6000rpm. New plugs fixed that but only after I left

Still more room in the turbo and definitely more room to grow on the fuel side. Still running a tiny nozzle (m5?). With more boost and a lot more meth, we should see a bit more power.

It was a lot of fun hanging out with Mike and the rest of the AWD Motorsports guys. Some of the cars they have in the shop are just crazy!

Cheers,
shiv
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #27
AWD Motorsports
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
hey guys,
probably not a good idea to compare these results to other results taken on other types of dynos. The AWDMotorsports turbos work well and make solid power gains at high rpm. Just ran them using the off-the-self v4 map for 6mt upgraded turbos. Car wouldn't rev above 6400rpm at first because of the factory speed limiter. It wasn't until after several runs did I realize that (duh!) and enabled the speed delimiter in the Procede software.

Everything worked great until 19psi. Above that, it started to misfire at 6000rpm. New plugs fixed that but only after I left

Still more room in the turbo and definitely more room to grow on the fuel side. Still running a tiny nozzle (m5?). With more boost and a lot more meth, we should see a bit more power.

It was a lot of fun hanging out with Mike and the rest of the AWD Motorsports guys. Some of the cars they have in the shop are just crazy!

Cheers,
shiv
Thanks Shiv for taking the time to fly out and help us get this Project on the road.. Im positive there is more left on the table.. For the short amount of time we had to get everything setup i am pleased with the results.. The seat of the pants tell the story on the highway.. the car pulls to redline now without dropping power and boost.. Felt good all the way to 170mph..

Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #28
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

So this was on pump + Meth?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #29
ultimateendz
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
hey guys,

Cheers,
shiv
im just saying...everyone is entitled to an opinion...just thought that read a tad low compared to the RB dyno on just pump...i havent gotten on a dynojet yet but i will soon
      12-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #30
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

M5 Nozzle.... you know better
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #31
Aridk
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 335i

Were can I find more info on these?
Do you still use the stock turbo housing and what about cooling is it both water/oil ?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #32
AWD Motorsports
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
So this was on pump + Meth?
We didnt see enough gain from meth over pump because the customer is using a tiny nozzle.. We dont do many meth kits here so once we figured that out it was too late to get what we needed.. So we went straight to 110 octane so we could safely turn up the boost..

Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #33
AWD Motorsports
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aridk View Post
Were can I find more info on these?
Do you still use the stock turbo housing and what about cooling is it both water/oil ?
These are 100% stock frame.. The internals are whats modified.. They install just like factory and if you were to visit the dealer they would not be able to tell unless they pulled off the inlet pipe and looked at the wheels..

Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #34
Aridk
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
These are 100% stock frame.. The internals are whats modified.. They install just like factory and if you were to visit the dealer they would not be able to tell unless they pulled off the inlet pipe and looked at the wheels..

Mike
Thx, sorry for beeing a bit af a noob in turbofabrication but the reason to go for a billet compressorwheel is it because its stronger/lighter?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #35
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

i'm just happy to see more options come to the table....nice work AWD!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #36
AWD Motorsports
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aridk View Post
Thx, sorry for beeing a bit af a noob in turbofabrication but the reason to go for a billet compressorwheel is it because its stronger/lighter?
The reasons for the billet wheel is strength, weight and aero.. Aeros being the most important aspect to making power.. if you have a cast wheel that is 40mm and a billet with better aeros the billet wheel will ALWAYS make more power of designed properly..

For example.. Look at the cast wheel turbo and youll notice the center portion where the NUT goes is larger than the lightweight billet wheel which has small center and large blades.. this gives you MORE surface area for the blades while being the same size overall..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #37
AWD Motorsports
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
i'm just happy to see more options come to the table....nice work AWD!
Thanks..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 01:19 PM   #38
Penn999
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Thanks..
So the customer had secondary cats? Also, did you run into any oil temp issues during any of these runs? Dyno looks nice and there should def. be more hp with a proper meth setup and no cats(if they are still present).
07' MT, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance LED Steering Wheel, HPF FMIC, AA BOV, HPF Exhaust, DCI, Procede V5, AR Stage 1 oil cooler, AR OCC, AR CL DP's, Vishnu Meth Kit, UUC SSK+DSSR, UUC Shift knob, (19 inch)VMR V715's/Yokohama Advan AD08's, Hartge Pedals and Floor Mats. Awaiting Install: M3 Rear Subframe Bushings, Full M3 suspension bits, AST 4100's, DSS axles. Future plans: Vishnu Single turbo kit
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #39
techlogik
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i Dravit Grey

Wow...nice.....very nice.
      12-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #40
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Options are good... I want to know the price, but I still think I'm leaning toward a whole upgrade rather than a clip/upgraded compressor wheel option... Lets see more graphs!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #41
techlogik
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i Dravit Grey

Quote:

Mike
Not familiar with this setup...link? Source? Pricing to do such mod to turbos?
      12-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #42
AWD Motorsports
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by techlogik View Post
Not familiar with this setup...link? Source? Pricing to do such mod to turbos?
Ill be able to provide more info once we are setup as a Vendor on here.. We are a source for them and Vishnu..

Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #43
DimSum
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: SLOW

Omg 450whp!!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 03:21 PM   #44
ETS Michael
Major
United_States
Rep

If anyone is interested in these turbochargers the price is $2400.00 shipped plus core. We work very closely with the guys at AWD Motorsports. Mike and his team provide real world results and only sell what they run and test. We have a working relationship with them in the Evo, Porsche and BMW market.

I'm glad to see them on the forum, they know what there doing and provide testing unlike any other vendor. They put there products through extensive drag and track racing.

Again.. The price is $2400.00 shipped plus core.

Thanks!

Michael
Appreciate 0