E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 3-15 DIC maps (500+whp and other enhancements)

05-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #617
TheDeathDealer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2005 GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
My real dilemma is I dont need new front tires and I think the car might look funny with different tires in the back. Especially those Nitto.

But on the flip side it might look cool because the back tires will be really bulky so people might be like .... oh snap whats going on with this guy putting these bulky sticky tires on the back.

Then again my rear wheel is 10inch wide so it might not even be bulky looking. Might fill the wheel perfect.
Personally I think different tires on the back look cool. Especially if it's something along the lines of an autocross tire (DOT still) or a street radial. If you road race the car you wouldn't want to mix match the tires but for street duty it will make 0 difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap135 View Post
There is problem with the nittos that I've noticed so.far. you need heat in them for them to stick like glue. On cold days or if you just started the car without driving a.couple miles you can spin them.
Really any max performance summer tire will be this way.
IE:
Me and my buddy left my neighborhood to get a quick run between my GTO and his MS3. We ran literally after driving about 75m of driving and my star specs were dead cold (I think it was about 70*). we line up and punch it from a ~15-20mph roll. I instantly redline 1st gear and slam second to just spin the he'll out of it too until around 45mph and were even until 65mph. About 1/2 mile up the road we turn around to do it again. This time from a dead stop I dumped the clutch at about 2000rpm and held a redline burnout until te car hit ~45mph. We line up and race from the same ~15mph but this time it wasn't even close! My car literally had no wheelspin this time and I put about 1 1/2 cars on him instantly and got a total of 3 between us to 65mph. This is with my tires having 14,000 HARD miles on them too, and only having 3-4/32nd tread left. They don't grip as hard as they used to, but they still bite hard when warm

PS: my friends MS3 is pretty quick, he got it used and it looks stock... But it's running a custom tune. He checked it with a COBB I believe and it showed it wasn't a factory tune. He's also raced a couple other MS3s that had a couple bolt ons and pulled away from them.

/thread jack
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #618
Fedorov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G20

Garage List
Ok, so it's time for me to ask some noob questions about procede:

* I have the enthusiast version. Is it exactly the same reset/install procedure as the Professional version? (Go through modes 12-1 and so on..)

* What does "DIC" stand for?

I'll probably ask more beginners questions later...
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #619
rgpwr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08.M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedorov View Post
Ok, so it's time for me to ask some noob questions about procede:

* I have the enthusiast version. Is it exactly the same reset/install procedure as the Professional version? (Go through modes 12-1 and so on..)

* What does "DIC" stand for?

I'll probably ask more beginners questions later...
1) yes
2) dynamic ignition control
3) search up = more info than you'll ever want