E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > TRSVC on E91 & 3AG coding problems; now completed

10-26-2020, 04:09 PM   #67
Framklins1series
Rep
Drives: Bmw 128i

Does anyone know how to program an frm module and how to get the vehicle memory back. My old frm broke so I purchased a replacement part and took it to a local shop who accidentally erased the vehicle memory so now I can’t start the car anymore.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 06:26 PM   #68
fx27
Germany
Rep
Drives: E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andystobbs View Post
My TRSVC isn't default coded and still works fine. My car is a manual but TRSVC is from an Auto. So its not a necessity to default code in order to get video signal.
Yeah. Sounds good but I have to test the things Dubstar told me, as I don't get any video signal at the moment.

Appreciate 1
Dubstar15.00
      10-27-2020, 03:13 AM   #69
Dubstar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E81

Garage List
2015 F31 320d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Framklins1series View Post
Does anyone know how to program an frm module and how to get the vehicle memory back. My old frm broke so I purchased a replacement part and took it to a local shop who accidentally erased the vehicle memory so now I can’t start the car anymore.
Has nothing to do with this thread, but it doesn't matter.
1. Car should also start without FRM!
2. Read the VO from the CAS and write it to the FRM, then code the FRM empty.
3. Erase all errors
4. Done
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 07:27 AM   #70
unrulyteach
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I hav documented my issue on another post but, the issue I'm having is k can line fault with pdc when trying to borrow power, ground, and can h/l from pdc. So at this point the car doesn't even know that the trsvc module is connected as it's not showing up in ista or inpa. The funny thing is pdc does work as it should when i return the oem wires to it. I hav x1 pdc, x1 jbe master, and e71 Trsvc, f10 cam, and custom made wiring harness a friend made. At this point I'm thinking it's the wiring harness as i hav one on order. Can anyone else chime in with some insight.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 09:05 AM   #71
Framklins1series
Rep
Drives: Bmw 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
Has nothing to do with this thread, but it doesn't matter.
1. Car should also start without FRM!
2. Read the VO from the CAS and write it to the FRM, then code the FRM empty.
3. Erase all errors
4. Done
Hey I messaged you but by chance would you be able to help me through team viewer?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 04:58 AM   #72
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
Obstacle lines are created by the TRSVC, but I think you have to add the complete steering column on your Bench. So the TRSVC is getting information to create the lines..
I have an m3 dsc and szl that i can plug in so will try that, cheers.

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 05:01 AM   #73
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx27 View Post
Hi,
thank you for all you information, as I tried to retrofit an OEM camera on my 2011 E91 also.

But I have still some problems to solve and I'm not sure how to handle them.

First of all:
2011 E91 with nearly full spec
E70 TRSVC
E84 PDC
F10 camera module
X3 Retrofit cable from BMW

So these are the typical and recommended parts.

State at the moment:

I'm able to code the PDC - it's default coded.
I'm able to code my CIC - it's coded to Sangria's values.
I'm able to access the TRSVC via ISTA - no chance to default code via NCS.
I'm able to check the state of my camera via TRSVC in ISTA. - it's learned.

I'm not able to see video feed in my CIC when entering reverse gear.

The camera symbol is white and I'm able to click it, but nothing happens.

I checked the coded values several times.

I checked the wire harness, found the same fault Sangria had (white, yellow wrong), pinned them to the pins to the quadlock according to his manual (E84 white -> 18, yellow ->28, shield -> 27).

But still no success and I'm out of ideas, now.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you!
is the TRVSC module available in the UIF list?? if not then you either have

1: non e70 TRVSC module
2: not JBBR r3

You need both of these for the canbus signal to be passed to-and-from the TRVSC module

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 05:13 AM   #74
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrulyteach View Post
I hav documented my issue on another post but, the issue I'm having is k can line fault with pdc when trying to borrow power, ground, and can h/l from pdc. So at this point the car doesn't even know that the trsvc module is connected as it's not showing up in ista or inpa. The funny thing is pdc does work as it should when i return the oem wires to it. I hav x1 pdc, x1 jbe master, and e71 Trsvc, f10 cam, and custom made wiring harness a friend made. At this point I'm thinking it's the wiring harness as i hav one on order. Can anyone else chime in with some insight.
Could be that the TRVSC module need a different canbus connection as the PDC **maybe** a canbus termination point.

Try and get the can bus from another source.

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 06:44 AM   #75
unrulyteach
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfj1 View Post
Quote:
Could be that the TRVSC module need a different canbus connection as the PDC **maybe** a canbus termination point.

Try and get the can bus from another source.
I got it all worked out
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 10:44 AM   #76
unrulyteach
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Guess it needs calibration i used ista Lear process and also inpa but no change, prolly hav to drive a longer distance
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 04:54 AM   #77
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I got it all worked out
Nice, what was it?

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 05:04 AM   #78
unrulyteach
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I got it all worked out
Nice, what was it?
Harness
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 05:21 AM   #79
SyphonX
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i & F32 440i

Wow, this thread is still active! I went into some detail a while back regarding TRSVC coding and calibration. Calibration will only get you part of the way but the calibration data refers to the coding for its boundaries, and if this is from an E70 it will be miles off. Default coding will do nothing as there is no default coding for E9x platforms, though you might be able to default it as an E84 which would get you closer.

I included a custom made coding profile for my E92 which had a lot of moddified values as well as documenting the logic and method of creating them in an earlier post, you could run it through ncsdummy to change from AUTO to MANUAL easy enough. After appying the corrected coding you can run calibration and you will get something that looks and works as it would have from the factory. Most notably straight lines and lines that start off the edge of the bumper, which will validate that you got it right!

As an added bonus I attached a hack for the el cheapo ediabas connector which will enable it to be used for coding a TRSVC without an ICOM.

Btw, someone pointed out that the E84 PDC (p/n:9252636) is very rare and expensive in the UK, and they are absolutley right! I reverse engineered mine a little and was able to convert my E9x front and rear PDC (p/n:9252638) to an E84 front and rear PDC by changing the qfp80 package micro controller from the 64KB version to the 128KB version and flashing the correct microcode using an XPROG. If anyone is technical enough to attempt this and has means of flashing the chip, by all means drop me a pm.

AlexandrBM We can't code out the side cameras or disable them on the TRSVC70, but that's ok. Only the TRSVC will record a fault for this internally, and it will not appear in the CIC (idrive) or on the cluster.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 09:34 AM   #80
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyphonX View Post
Default coding will do nothing as there is no default coding for E9x platforms, though you might be able to default it as an E84 which would get you closer.

I included a custom made coding profile for my E92 which had a lot of moddified values as well as documenting the logic and method of creating them in an earlier post, you could run it through ncsdummy to change from AUTO to MANUAL easy enough.
I tried loading your modded pdc dump and i think that the pdc module takes it, but when i read it back out, i dont see the values back as you wrote them.

My need to try again.

Quote:
After appying the corrected coding you can run calibration and you will get something that looks and works as it would have from the factory. Most notably straight lines and lines that start off the edge of the bumper, which will validate that you got it right!
I'll have another go, and cheers.

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 02:01 PM   #81
SyphonX
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i & F32 440i

not many people code by nettodat.man, but when I do it I do as follows:

“Choose basic function” dialog box, select “coapiCodeSgByNettoData”

This has always worked reliably for me.

https://www.car-auto-repair.com/ncs-...pulation-file/
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 11:40 AM   #82
ChristianMoller
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: e91 325 touring

hello all,
Is it possible to use jbbr 3 from lets say E84 or an E89?
It seems like the hardest part to get your hands on.

Thank's
Christian
Click on link

X1 E84

Z4 E89
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 02:03 AM   #83
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianMoller View Post
hello all,
Is it possible to use jbbr 3 from lets say E84 or an E89?
It seems like the hardest part to get your hands on.

Thank's
Christian
Click on link

X1 E84

Z4 E89
Yes, they should be fine.

I would dump your current jbr config and then load it on the new on, when fitted.

Appreciate 1
      08-22-2021, 02:59 PM   #84
bmw-extreme
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

Pardon for my ignorance, but what is trvsc module or reversing camera emulator? Is that a video processor? Don't you directly install those two wires comes from rca socket into cic? Doesn't cic have already reversing screen and menu inside? So why we need trsvc module in this case? Doesn't cic process the video signal itself? 🤔

Last edited by bmw-extreme; 08-22-2021 at 03:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 03:28 AM   #85
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-extreme View Post
Pardon for my ignorance, but what is trvsc module or reversing camera emulator? Is that a video processor? Don't you directly install those two wires comes from rca socket into cic? Doesn't cic have already reversing screen and menu inside? So why we need trsvc module in this case? Doesn't cic process the video signal itself? ��

The trvsc module and reversing camera emulator sort of do the same thing.

The trvsc module is the OEM bmw option and can control more than one input (depending on module), and as its OEM it works perfectly.

the reversing camera emulator, does just what its called, it emulates the PDC module (sort of), insofar as it sends the correct can bus signals to the bus to say that the camera is in operation.

It does this to emulate the PDC module to tell the cic that its in reverse.

the video signal from the camera is then input to the cic, same as the oem unit.

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 02:14 PM   #86
bmw-extreme
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
The trvsc module and reversing camera emulator sort of do the same thing.

The trvsc module is the OEM bmw option and can control more than one input (depending on module), and as its OEM it works perfectly.

the reversing camera emulator, does just what its called, it emulates the PDC module (sort of), insofar as it sends the correct can bus signals to the bus to say that the camera is in operation.

It does this to emulate the PDC module to tell the cic that its in reverse.

the video signal from the camera is then input to the cic, same as the oem unit.
Well then can we say we don't need trsvc and emulator to activate the camera, if the car has already pdc? We may add two video signal pins from a reversing camera into car's quadlock connector, and code 3ag into VO then. So, we may activate the camera after coding cic and pdc module.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 04:22 PM   #87
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 Lci, Vectra B V6

Quote:
Well then can we say we don't need trsvc and emulator to activate the camera, if the car has already pdc? We may add two video signal pins from a reversing camera into car's quadlock connector, and code 3ag into VO then. So, we may activate the camera after coding cic and pdc module.
You either need emulator

Or

TRSVC and upgraded PDC module
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 01:58 AM   #88
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Well then can we say we don't need trsvc and emulator to activate the camera, if the car has already pdc?
Absolutely not.

Quote:
We may add two video signal pins from a reversing camera into car's quadlock connector, and code 3ag into VO then. So, we may activate the camera after coding cic and pdc module.
That absolutely will not work, as the pdc will not trigger the cic to go into reverse camera mode even by activating 3ag, on its own will do noting, the PDC module does not have the can bus trigger coding.

You need either the x1 pdc module (pref reflashed for e9 series cars) and trvsc module (oem camera) or the emulator with 3rd party camera.

Coding on it own will not work.

Like Andy says, its one or the other.

Appreciate 0