E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > CF rear diffuser possible fitment issues

06-12-2019, 07:17 PM   #1
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

CF rear diffuser possible fitment issues

I was test fitting my new diffuser and was wondering if it's common. I know most seller/vendors say professional install required might have to trim or sand but this diffuser seem to not even clip into place or barely plus does have a small gap which bothers me. Also seems like I'll have to push it into place to align bolt holes and all.

I'm just asking if this is usually common or not or it's just a shit piece.

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 09:04 AM   #2
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep

This is how it looks bolted in. The clips at the top that are supposed to securely clip in place don't make it hold it at all I think that's the issue. Guess I'll request a refund from the vendor. MY oem diffuser, the clips were really tight in.

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 11:01 AM   #3
StevenY.
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10' SG e92 335i

I have the same diffuser. I'm not sure if yours has the same fitment issue as mine but I ended up taking a dremel and grinding down a lot of the material that was preventing the diffuser from sitting into the bumper. Most of the areas I had to grind down was exactly in the places you're having issues with. I ended up getting all the clips to clip in place except for 1, that clip I had to drill a small hole and run a zip tie to hold it in place.
      06-13-2019, 11:28 AM   #4
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenY. View Post
I have the same diffuser. I'm not sure if yours has the same fitment issue as mine but I ended up taking a dremel and grinding down a lot of the material that was preventing the diffuser from sitting into the bumper. Most of the areas I had to grind down was exactly in the places you're having issues with. I ended up getting all the clips to clip in place except for 1, that clip I had to drill a small hole and run a zip tie to hold it in place.
Okok cool, I don't mind sanding down with my rotary tool.

But I feel like my problem is more to do with the clip being too filmsy. Like if the clip were as thick as the oem one my right side here would clip into place and stay, I'll try to get a picture of the clip tonight to confirm if yours were bigger if you don't mind! Thanks for the tips. If not I might have to figure out zip tie trick.

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 11:54 AM   #5
StevenY.
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10' SG e92 335i

I think your issue with the clips is the exact issue I had with that one clip that I had to zip tie. If I recall, the groove that clips into the bumper was too small and wouldn't hold in place.
      07-05-2019, 02:26 AM   #6
joeinsd
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stock 2010 e92 335i M Sport

Mine has gaps in the same areas as yours. My "clips" are strips of metal that lace through and are bent behind the bumper.

I thought about taking some material off so it sits more flush, but didn't want to mess with it too much. It doesn't bother me as it did in the beginning seeing that it's not as visible when looking down at it. You see it more when your low and straight back.