E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > BMW 325i master switch (Drivers window & mirror controls)

06-25-2019, 06:27 AM   #1
BN325i
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i, BMW 318CI

BMW 325i master switch (Drivers window & mirror controls)

Hello,

I recently bought a 325i coupe with a faulty drivers window switch. The windows wont come up or down and the mirror controls, including power folding mirrors do not work. I conducted some research and I fount that it may be the capacitor in the circuit board that fails, alternatively, the whole thing is on something called a "bus" system, where if one component fails the whole circuit is useless. On ebay, prices for the switch vary from £40 to £110, I have not contacted BMW for their quote as I suspect it will be much higher. Few question in regards to the problem -
- If I buy the master switch from a sedan car will it work in my coupe? I understand that the rear window controls would not work however I am more concerned about the number of pins in the switch, would the sedan switch have more or the same number?
- If I get the switch from an European/US car (left hand drive) will it still work? I believe the design is the same but I am no expert.

Thanks for taking your time to read this. Any advice/help welcome
Appreciate 0