E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > The big BMW recall game!

07-06-2018, 05:53 PM   #89
nomiS330d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330d

I've had the heater plug letter too. Keep putting off calling them because for some irrational reason I don't trust them either. Yes I know they sold and serviced hundreds if not thousands of cars like mine back in the day but I too wonder if they'll frown upon the mods done to my car such as remap and cic upgrade. I suppose there is no reason why I can't have a full and frank discussion with the service chief and ask him what if any issues there might be.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2018, 04:50 AM   #90
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Genuinely you’ll be fine buddy.

They don’t frown upon mods and I’ve had plenty of compliments from staff on my car tbh.

At the end of the day they are only replacing the one recall component. They aren’t fussed I’ve the rest of the car.

Only time mods make a difference if you’re trying to claim for warranty work and there’s a possibility that the mods are directly causing the issue.
      07-09-2018, 02:47 AM   #91
Dann
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 LCi 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENT-A-GOAT View Post
Just ring them and book it in
Everytime I ring they give me the "We've got no parts in stock, 4-5 weeks before we hear anything.
We will let you know"
      07-09-2018, 05:53 AM   #92
MattOz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Alpina F31 B3

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
Mine was in last week for the blower recall. They did whatever it was they needed to do and it's back. Naturally, I can tell absolutely no difference, which I guess it what should be expected.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 07:39 AM   #93
pcm77
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: f30 3 series

i had mine booked in for 2 safety recalls
waited a few weeks for them to get the car in .went and collected the car and was told they've only fixed 1 of the issues as they need to wait on the part for the heater for 3 more weeks
i guess Germany is pretty far from England.and they had 3 weeks prior to me taking my car along to get the parts ready.
and to top it off my stereo sat nav aftermarket no longer works. after complaining and getting the car back in a few days later there response was our technician has looked over he's work and its nowt to do with us..unreal.(stratstones Leeds)complete cop-out .so fun and games with the complaints department really shoddy customer services.
my free health check came back with an oil leak that needs further investigation.
and a flexi pipe leak..o and did i want an antibacterial something or other added to my heating system lol 120 quid for the privilege . no doubt the dpf flexi pipe leak will cost over 1500 quid via bmw stealers,
i had it fixed for 160 quid including vat.
and im now scared to take the car back for them to do the heating recall..grrrr
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 03:57 PM   #94
tygger2
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 330d Saloon

Two Recalls

I found out about the battery cable recall via Watchdog, I happened to need some part for my 330 and mentioned the program to the parts guy, he looked uo my car and said that I was due a recall for the battery cable and then arranged for their service people to book me in for the cable, the dealer is not easy for me to get to so it was agreed that they would do it whilst I waited, so appointment made, when I turned up they had "cocked up" and I had to wait 3 hours instead of the 1.5 hours, they also had no record of my phone call 2 weeks previous to request an investigation of a wheel bearing noise, however they did manage to do the free health check and advise me that the 2 centre rear wishbones were showing signs of wear!
I compalined to the service manager and he said that he would sort this out when I brought the car back for its 2nd recall i.e. the heater harness, this was a complete surprise to me as the service guy had not mentioned it, he said it would be a while and they would phone when the part was in stock, 2 days after the battery cable was replaced the heater fan stopped working, an indie found that the multiplug, behind the glove box had not been correctly refitted. Eventually I got a call to take the car back for the heater harness and after some meaningful debate I managed to get a lift home, they never once offered a loan car. They've offered to carry out a 4 wheel alignment check for half-price, which is still more than my local guy, with the Hunter system, will charge me, so question is - should I go back or find another BMW garage?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 02:25 PM   #95
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive Msport+

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tygger2 View Post
I found out about the battery cable recall via Watchdog, I happened to need some part for my 330 and mentioned the program to the parts guy, he looked uo my car and said that I was due a recall for the battery cable and then arranged for their service people to book me in for the cable, the dealer is not easy for me to get to so it was agreed that they would do it whilst I waited, so appointment made, when I turned up they had "cocked up" and I had to wait 3 hours instead of the 1.5 hours, they also had no record of my phone call 2 weeks previous to request an investigation of a wheel bearing noise, however they did manage to do the free health check and advise me that the 2 centre rear wishbones were showing signs of wear!
I compalined to the service manager and he said that he would sort this out when I brought the car back for its 2nd recall i.e. the heater harness, this was a complete surprise to me as the service guy had not mentioned it, he said it would be a while and they would phone when the part was in stock, 2 days after the battery cable was replaced the heater fan stopped working, an indie found that the multiplug, behind the glove box had not been correctly refitted. Eventually I got a call to take the car back for the heater harness and after some meaningful debate I managed to get a lift home, they never once offered a loan car. They've offered to carry out a 4 wheel alignment check for half-price, which is still more than my local guy, with the Hunter system, will charge me, so question is - should I go back or find another BMW garage?
Find another garage.
      09-27-2018, 01:09 PM   #96
Thermobaric
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

No courtesy car for just the one recall? I still have one recall outstanding and when I asked about availability with a courtesy car I was told they don't do a courtesy car if there's just one recall to sort. I would have to wait for 90 mins. Is that right? BMW always want my car for the entire day even if doing something simple. Are they actually doing these recalls in 90 mins. It's a bit cheeky we're put out over their mistake imo.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2018, 02:43 PM   #97
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermobaric View Post
No courtesy car for just the one recall? I still have one recall outstanding and when I asked about availability with a courtesy car I was told they don't do a courtesy car if there's just one recall to sort. I would have to wait for 90 mins. Is that right? BMW always want my car for the entire day even if doing something simple. Are they actually doing these recalls in 90 mins. It's a bit cheeky we're put out over their mistake imo.
I would reccomend you use another dealer.

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 01:42 AM   #98
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani59 View Post
I would reccomend you use another dealer.
+1

Had the blower recall done yesterday and a courtesy car was given without hesitation when I booked.
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 01:29 PM   #99
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep
Drives: Beige G31 40ix m sport

Garage List
I received a my recall letter last week regarding the blower. Which my local dealer repaired last month
E34 3.6 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc 1967 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 09:57 AM   #100
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

got another letter today,,phoned them,,now its booked in for the 30th october,,earliest date i could get a courtesy car,,1 mwhole day job,,cheeky twts sais its £12 for the car,,better be good one for that big chunk of wonga
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 08:13 AM   #101
nick46
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw E91 lci 330d msport

Had the letter about the blower last week and it went in today, just picked it up.
New blower controller and long cable fitted. Car washed and vacuumed, and given a clean bill of health apart from my front tyres which are worn on the outside edges, which I knew about anyway. They were kind enough to give me a price for a couple of tyres............... £167.93 each I think I'll pass on that!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 09:42 AM   #102
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick46 View Post
Had the letter about the blower last week and it went in today, just picked it up.
New blower controller and long cable fitted. Car washed and vacuumed, and given a clean bill of health apart from my front tyres which are worn on the outside edges, which I knew about anyway. They were kind enough to give me a price for a couple of tyres............... £167.93 each I think I'll pass on that!
they would sell you their grandparents if they could,,
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 01:00 PM   #103
fastginge
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 LCI 330d M Sport

I've just joined the forum having bought an e90 LCI 330d M Sport.

Phoned BMW UK up about recall info to see if the previous owner definitely had the B+ cable done, which they had.
However nearly a week after buying the car in a private sale, I'm experiencing issues like the ones documented with the common B+ cable vault, i.e. zero electrical power but the battery is fine!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 02:47 PM   #104
nomiS330d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330d

I had my heater plug done last Monday. It only took an hour and a half so I waited. I know the receptionist anyway so just nattered to her with loads of free coffee. While I was there I found my next car in the show room!
Only £108,000!

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 05:35 PM   #105
fastginge
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 LCI 330d M Sport

While I was there I found my next car in the show room!
Only £108,000! [/QUOTE]

would you think that was a wise choice since BMW can't seem to get the electrics right anymore.

It seems like German build quality has changed to French build quality these days!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 12:16 PM   #106
Andy198712
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E91 325d

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyrightfoor View Post
While I was there I found my next car in the show room!
Only £108,000!
would you think that was a wise choice since BMW can't seem to get the electrics right anymore.

It seems like German build quality has changed to French build quality these days![/QUOTE]

no french is still alot worse!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 03:00 PM   #107
Arch Stanton
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i touring

i took mine in this week for a service and the two recalls to be done. No problems evident regarding either of the recalls so expecting all to go smoothly. I collected the car last week to do some stuff to pass the Mot after having had the recall stuff done and i was taking the car back for some warranty work to be done and smoke starts billowing out of the air vents!! It was fine before they 'fixed' it. Hopefully picking it up again tomorrow so will update if there are any issues. .
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 05:35 AM   #108
DriverLDN
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport E90 2006

I dropped my 330i into Cooper BMW Beddington on Friday for the recall on the heater.

I was given the new X20d as a courtesy car which initially I didn't think I would like, but then after 150miles in it over the weekend, I loved it!

Anyone seen these or like these? I hope they bring one out in an X2M or X240i as it really tickets the boxes for dad life.

I picked my car up again on Monday as nobody from the garage called to let me know it was ready as I was enjoying the X2. When I picked the car up I was impressed that it had been washed and hoovered inside and the oil minimum level light had just come on and they have also topped that up as its back to max again. I'm impressed.

Last edited by DriverLDN; 10-23-2018 at 08:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 06:59 AM   #109
plompie32
Registered
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2007 325i Exclusive Coupe

Mine is also booked in for tomorrow on a recall campaign, I can't wait for the list of problems they going to mention.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 05:29 AM   #110
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

just drove my courtesy car home..330i m sport,,and all i can say is,,hurry up with my car back please,what a let down,,i thought the 8 speed boxes were great..no different to my 6 speed,,,and my 330d would wipe the floor with it,,and my 335d wouldnt get out of bed to try..cabins are nice and i like the dials though..
Appreciate 0